• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 651 Views, 8 Comments

The String of Fate - Omior Falroc



warrior fighting for his life in Equestria looking for answers

  • ...
4
 8
 651

"Arc3: The Scars of the Lost" Ch10 A motion set in stone

It was well into the night time when Omior and Vigil reached the outskirts of Hoofenburg. They saw two silhouettes of ponies and Omior kept to the bushes as Vigil approached them. The three conversed for a short period before the green unicorn called out for Omior, who walked cautiously into the open.

He finally noticed that the guards were adorned with the same armor as the ones he saw in Celestia’s courtroom. This calmed his nerves somewhat as he closed the gap between them.

The guard on the left nodded as he spoke up. “Greetings, you must be Omior. Celestia sent us to find you. If you’d both follow us we can be on our way back to Canterlot.”

The other guard had already left to set up the chariot for departure as Omior made vocal his questions. “So how did she know where to find me?”

“She made an educated guess based on what she knew of you. We only got lucky because we know next to nothing about you,” Omior and Vigil followed him as he led them towards the chariot.

“So what’s your name?” Vigil asked from beside Omior.

“Post Control, and if you’re wondering as well, his names Fleet Wing,” Post pointed to the pony in question who nodded. “Now if you’ll please step inside, we’ll depart immediately.”

Both the green unicorn and the human samurai nodded as they walked into the chariot.

Minutes later they were high in the sky and they were on a steady path for what looked like Canterlot.

“I can’t believe we’ll get to meet Celestia,” Vigil said as he looked on at the city.

“Yes, it is hard to believe how easy it was for us,” Omior paused for a second, “I do wonder though, what will our futures hold after this?”

Omior caught Vigil shrugging out of the corner of his eye as the pony spoke up. “Who knows? Fate can be strange when it wants to. We’ll find out soon enough.”

“I hope so,” on instinct, Omior lightly let his hand rub across his sheathed sword, the familiar cloth a comfort from long times past.

They both were silent for a few minutes before Vigil began to speak. “We are friends, right?”

Omior looked at Vigil to see him staring back at the warrior. “I do think so. Yes, we most definitely are.”

Vigil chuckled in response. “weirdest friendship I’ve ever heard of, a strange alien and a pony, both of whom know nothing about the other.”

Omior chuckled a bit as well. “Too bad for the most part I’ve got an excuse.”

“Heh, yeah I guess so. But we’ve got time, so why not learn a bit about each other. I mean, we might as well fill the gap of time until we get to Canterlot.”

“Alright then. I guess I should start with what little I can remember,” Omior paused as he thought about what he could remember. He spent minutes thinking on the small bits of memories he’d re-attained since arriving in this pastel world.

“I was born on another world called...... Kantus, I think? I lived in a small home in a humble village. After that, I remember being with a large group of people. It soon followed with a lot of death and… after that I can’t really remember much. A lot of loss really.” He felt a hoof pat him on the back.

“I’d bet you all the bits in Equestria that your entire life isn’t anywhere near close to that.”

Omior smiled faintly as he spoke up again. “So, what about you hotshot? What’s your story?”

“Believe it or not, I was born in Canterlot. My only family there were my parents. I was living happily until one day a fire burned the house down. I was only a few years old and couldn’t really take care of myself. I was taken into an orphanage and overheard the head nanny being told by the authorities that the whole thing was an accident. The orphanage turned out to be a really crappy place for foals to live and I ended up running away from it like, four years later. Everything’s kinda fuzzy, but I’ve just been a drifter going back and forth from Canterlot and Ponyville until I got a steady job and that house you were in. I’d only bought it recently, maybe a handful of a few weeks ago. I also got my anger and unwillingness to really open up to pony’s under control shortly before I even had a job.”

Before Omior could respond, he saw that Canterlot was still a ways away. Yet despite that, they were descending, and rather rapidly as well. They were heading towards a rather sizable rock that looked to be a cave of sorts, the clearing around it was devoid of life. It was merely dirt, and a rock. Omior let his hand grasp the handle of his katana before he spoke up. “What happened about going to Canterlot?”

“Oh, uhm, it’s a two day trip so we have to stop and rest before going.” Fleet Wing said.

“Really now?” Vigil questioned.

“Yes, of course!” Post Controls voice starting changing from the slightly gruff and warming voice into an echoing viper like one. “Why wouldn’t we be telling the truth pony? Especially when you and your human aren’t going to live through this!”

Both of the ponies turned into their true Faceless selves, the shadowed substance blinding Vigil for a moment.

Omior drew his sword and swung at the used to be Post Control who vanished as the blade made contact. He turned his sword and jammed it into the side of the other false pony Fleet Wing. The faceless one began disappearing as well but Omior managed to twist his blade and force it to jam into the creatures spine as it disappeared completely, screaming in agony.

With no pegasi to fly it, the chariot began to shake violently as it made a beeline for the giant cave opening. Both the heroes grasped onto the sides of the chariot for leverage to keep them from falling as it began to turn on its left side. It shook even more violently and began turning the other way as Vigil screamed in full blown panic. Omior’s blood was rushing with the adrenaline as he took in as much air as he could. This was gonna hurt.

The ground continued speeding up until the chariot hit the ground on its stomach. It bounced a few times and flipped as wood ripped off of it left and right. Finally the chariot met with a stop as it crashed at a set of two trees, sending Omior and Vigil gliding across the air before landing on the ground, unconscious.

Author's Note:

And finally this chapter is released. sorry for the elongated wait, if anyone wants to really know any information following this story then follow the blogs I note for this story. Also on my user page it states how far into the progression of the next chapter im in and how many words it is, in case anyone wanted to know that tidbit of info and didn't know it.

Anyways, hope you guys liked the chapter