• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 982 Views, 10 Comments

The Elements of Dis-Harmony - Simon4422



Princess Celestia is by nature a very trusting pony, but even she should have seen through Discord's ruse. After he was enlisted into her service, he began experimenting. Late-night secrets led to a new type of pony being created. A dark pony.

  • ...
1
 10
 982

Prologue

Prologue

Princess Celestia had just arrived in her carriage to take Discord back to Canterlot. She came perfectly on time, somehow magically knowing that Discord had been reformed. She landed in front of the elements and Discord, and smiled to herself, seeing that she was right in assuming that Fluttershy would know best how to reform him.

"Yes Princess, I'm ready to use my magic for good instead of evil... most of the time," Discord said with an overdramatic bow in Celestia's direction, and a barely perceptible eye-roll.

Fluttershy giggled at Discord's theatrics, pleasantly surprised that everything was going as planned.

"Congratulations on your success ponies, I definitely sense a big change in Discord," the Princess said, her voice filled with pride. "I'll leave the Elements of Harmony with you Twilight, just in case," she said, quite a bit softer and meant for Twilight's ears only, and watched her nod in agreement before leaning back.

"You were right, when you said Fluttershy would be the one to reform Discord. By treating Discord as a friend, she got him to realize that friendship was actually important to him,..." said Twilight as she trotted over to Fluttershy.

What a joke, she thought. Discord had no intentions of making friends, his bond with her was simply business-like. She smiled at the thought, the other ponies likely taking it as a shy grin of embarrassment from being complemented. Ha. The things her "friends" thought they new about her.

"... and something that once he had, he didn't want to lose," Twilight continued.

When discussing the details of this moment, Discord had told her that fooling them would be no problem. She was smart enough not to voice her concerns at the time, it would have been a waste anyway. He was truly an amazing actor, if she wasn't working with him she would easily have been outsmarted. And here comes my line, she thought, snapping back into the present. Everything was working out like they planned. Perfect.

"Go on, say it," Fluttershy said encouragingly. She wasn't such a bad actor herself.

"Um...alright... friendship is magic!" Discord said, at first hesitantly, but then stronger and more convincing.

Mentally, she made sure that all six, tiny canisters were hidden from view in her hoof as she reached up to place them securely in Discord's paw. It appeared as an encouraging gesture, although in reality it was the most important part of the plan.

"See? He can be a real sweetheart once you get to know him," she said, barely holding in a snort of laughter. Discord was about as far away from "warm and fuzzy" as you can get.

With relief she pulled her hoof away as Discord closed his paw around the objects. The first stage in their mission was complete. Now all she had to do was to watch over the test subjects and make sure that the experiment went according to plan. And by "watching over them", Fluttershy had to make sure that they died.

Author's Note:

So I had a few ideas about where this story would go, and I'm wondering if I should make it a tragedy. Please let me know what you would prefer, and if you aren't sure yet, let me know after a few more chapters. Thanks!