• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 502 Views, 1 Comments

Discording to Plan - Xenos



Some are gifted with power, but is it already decided what they use it for? - An unique,slightly saddening tale portraying Discord's life as an Alicorn and then a Draconequus up until his stone imprisonment.

  • ...
1
 1
 502

Light


Celestia opened her eyes as the light filtered through her eyelids. She assumed it was time to wake up but the mare from earlier was nowhere in sight. Thinking she had left as soon as the light was switched on Celestia reflected on the previous day's events. What did she know? Not much really. She knew this was a place for little ponies run by that mare; that wasn't that difficult to deduce. She also knew that Luna, the filly sitting next to her, was her younger sister. How did she know this? Celestia was unsure, her mind was blank. Nevertheless, Luna was her sister and that was that. Celestia paused, rubbing her head to think but touched her horn instead. Yes, she had a horn and a pair of wings. She and Luna were the only two here to have such a combination. Celestia of course knew that wasn't the case as she thought of the grey colt who had arrived with them. Where as she somehow knew Luna's name and that she was a sibling she knew nothing on impulse about him. Celestia turned her head to look at the colt only to find him staring right back At this moment she felt rustling; her sister was awake and consequently Luna, called the grey colt over.

“Why hello there young colt, what brings you over here?” asked Celestia. Before Discord could respond there were gasps all around the room. The young ponies had all become aware that Celestia could speak at such a tender age; none of the others could.

Discord did not like how she has addressed him. She had instantly placed herself above him as if she was somehow superior. Nevertheless, he would play along.

“I came over because I wanted a friend and you and you sister looked welcoming. She is your sister right?” asked Discord, gesturing at Luna. Again, the others were shocked to see that Discord could also speak.

“Yes, this is my sister Luna and I am Celestia.” The surrounding ponies again gasped. Names were usually given by the mare who looked after them. Their full attention was now on the three ponies.

“I believe my name is Discord."

There was a lot of suspense in the air, Discord didn't know what to say. In the end he settled on a question he knew they could not answer at this moment.

“Do you know why we are here?”

The spectators were puzzled. It was because they were orphans like them. Celestia and Luna however understood the question differently.

“No,” Luna replied before glancing at her wings and horn, “we discussed this earlier.”

“Although, I do feel we were meant for something...more,” Celestia added.

“More?” asked Discord, acting dumb.

“Time will tell but there must be a reason why we are like this. We are clearly different,” Celestia said, gesturing at the other ponies in the room.

“Superior,” Discord muttered quietly so that the others couldn't hear. He then walked slowly back to his cot as the door again opened. Thalia entered, but not bringing a meal.

She walked over to where Celestia and Luna were and beckoned Discord to come over. Lowering her head she spoke:

“I have just received a letter. Being young I hope you understand this the best you can.”

They remained silent, thinking it was wiser not to reveal their ability to speak at this time.

“The letter was from Canterlot, The Royal Family itself. They have heard of your presence and wish to bring you back there. Royal Guards will be here in a week to collect you.” A tear rolled down her cheek, they hadn't known each other for long. “Try to enjoy yourself this week the best you can.” With that, Thalia left to return to preparing breakfast; leaving the ponies behind.

Discord again returned to his cot to think things over. “Something more.” Discord wanted to be more. He wanted to be the best. Now, here was his chance. He had no idea who the royal family were but he would certainly make an impact on them. What did they plan to do? Whatever it was Discord was sure he wouldn't follow their plan exactly. This was about him, not them. Celestia and Luna too, they would not halt his progress to becoming the greatest.

He finally understood the merits of having both a horn and wings. It was symbolic. The ponies would be willing to follow him when he was older. Whoever this “royal family” were they could not compete once he steps out on the scene. Luna and Celestia would probably have similar desires. They were not friends, not enemies, but perhaps rivals. Could all three of them lead together? Discord was going to put that to test in the coming week. He was going to rule the orphanage. Whether they realised it or not.