• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 472 Views, 1 Comments

The Return - Celestius



Ever felt like you never belonged here, like you were destined for a better place? Well this story is for those who have felt this way before. It is mostly a crossover story and some characters have been made up.

  • ...
 1
 472

Part One

Sunac was just a normal 16 year old boy at the time, except that he was a huge fan of the MLP tv show. He has never missed an episode and on every MLP blog he is seen as one of the highest , if not the highest ranking Brony in the world. He however began to feel a nagging feeling at the back of his mind, almost like he had forgotten something that had been said to him a long time ago.

" The time is near...."

Sunac's father who was also a very devoted brony could see there was something bothering his son, so he began to speak with him. But as he sat down next to him, a strange thought went through his mind. He remembered that he and his son shared a special bond and could sense that the same thought that had just crossed his mind had obviously also crossed his sons. " Did you also get the feeling something was missing, like we are forgetting or starting to remember something very important that we had to do?" He asked Sunac without thinking twice.

"Yes father, it feels like a familiar voice is calling out to me , telling me to get all the loyal ones in the family together and also tell all the other faithful ones around the world to be ready, but ready for what? Who are the faithful ones"
Sunac's father looked at him blankly for a few minutes and then suddenly a flash of life entered his eyes and burning like a raging inferno he rose to his feet and with a soft but dominating voice he said, "Go to your cousins and tell them to come to our house and then go on all your blogs and give them the following message: the time has come for us to return home. Be ready at the stroke of dawn."

Without questioning his father he left and did as he was told, feeling almost a sense of duty he was fulfilling, a duty that was placed upon on him many, many years ago.

When he had finished what his father had told him to do, he returned to his living room where his father and cousins were standing and talking. His father looked calm and controlled but his cousins looked nervous almost.... excited. He did not know why but he too had a sense of excitement, almost as if he knew something big was going to happen, but what he did not know.
He was suddenly brought back to reality when his father began to speak with his new found voice " The time has come and we must now return to our real home.... Equestria!" With these words a sudden surge of energy began to fill the room and amass in the centre of the room, growing and forming into a ball of smoke and energy. This had left everyone stunned except for Sunac's father, 'Why was he always so cool and collected?'

"This is the way to our true home, once you go through , you will no longer have the physical body that you now poses, but rather the true form you once had. Step through and live the life you once had." With this the mass of energy opened and a portal formed in its gaping maw. He gestured for the first person to enter and then the next, until it was just him and his son left in the room.

" Dad, what is the meaning of this, how can this ..." but before he could finish his father stood next to him and put a hand on his shoulder," When you pass through the portal, all will become clear. Now go, everybody is waiting for us."

Before Sunac could ask another question he could feel himself being drawn to the portal, almost like he is being dragged into it. He then took his final step into the portal and all around him the world began to shift into disarray, it was like something from one of his sci-fi movies.

When he finally opened his eyes, he was blinded by a bright light. He tried to shield his eyes only to feel something was different. He could feel he was no longer standing on two feet like before , but rather on all fours like a ... horse. He began to frantically look around him, trying to take as much of his environment in at once. He could see clear open fields, the blue sky and finally there were ponies everywhere he looked. They were all embracing each other like old friends meeting for the first time in ages.

Questions began to flood Sunac's mind or rather whatever he was now. He turned around to where his father would have been standing, to find a very peculiar sight. Behind him stood an alicorn stallion with an all white coat and a black flowing mane, like the one Luna had. He was much larger then princes Celestia was depicted in the tv series. He opened his mouth to ask a single question, but before he could stop himself he could feel a barrage of questions exciting his mouth, " Who are you? Who am I? How did we get here? What is this feeling I feel like I have been here before and of great sadness?"

He looked up at the alicorn standing in front of him, before he opened his mouth he opened his wings, a sign of royal speech and posture, " I am Celestius and you are my son , Canus." These words all began to bring back memories. He could see himself standing in front of a large throne and looking up at the rulers of Equestria. To his side he could see something vague, two other alicorns , one almost as old as he was and one much younger than he was, playing next to him.

Canus was suddenly brought back from his trip down memory lane when his father began to speak, " As for the rest of the questions I will have to tell you the entire story, so get comfortable, or we could rather go home and let me tell the story there so I don't have to tell it twice."

And with this his father was off , flapping his wings and lifting high into the sky. He wished to join his father, but how could he, he was just ... Then it hit him, he was an alicorn like his father. He began to feel something spreading on his back and opening wide into the mid summers wind. He began to flap his wings and soon he was off the ground. It was a bit shaky in the beginning , but he soon got the hang of it and began to catch up with his father.

" Where are we going, Father ?" His father looked back to his son and with a smile said, " Follow me and you will soon find out." With this his father's horn began to glow and suddenly his speed began to increase until suddenly.... BOOOOOOM.

It was like nothing Canus had ever seen before, the air around his father began to rip and become distraught followed by something a little more familiar .... a rainbow trail. He couldn't believe his eyes, a sonic rainboom, right in front of his own eyes, he had to try this as well. He began to concentrate and reached out with his mind , beginning to part the air around his wings and began to increase his speed until finally..... BOOOOMMMM.

In no time they reached a familiar castle , the Castle in Canterlot . " What are we doing here ,father?" Canus asked with a quizzical look on his face. They slowed down so he and his father could talk, " Just hold on a bit longer, all will become clear soon."

They began the decent into the castle grounds near the entrance to the castle, as they neared the gates, they were stopped by two of the royal guards , " Halt, no pony is to enter the castle until the queen allows it!" the guards crossed their spears in front of the castle doors. Canus looked to his father who neared the guards . The guards took a second look at the alicorn and suddenly snapped to attention and bowed as low as they could, " Your majesty, forgive our actions. You may pass."

As Canus and his father walked through the hallways, memories returned to him of the castle and the years he spent there with his family.... His family?.... Who was his family, he only knew his father all his life and though he could see familiar shapes that resembled family , he wasn't able to clearly see the faces of these shapes. He moved alongside his father and opened his mouth to ask a question, but before the words could leave his mouth it fell father open and he looked in awe at the doors of the throne room of the castle. His father opened the door with his magic and walked in. The inhabitants of the room suddenly jumped to attention from the sudden intrusion and looked on in surprise at the two alicorns that had entered the room.