• Published 6th Apr 2013
  • 592 Views, 7 Comments

Revertere - Mr Septonic



Three millennia. That is a long time to be stuck in the ground. But he would not know, seeing how being in a coma-like state makes time fly. But now he is awake, and unprepared for the new world.

  • ...
2
 7
 592

Hidden

~~Revertere~~
Mr Septonic
Chapter 2

Hidden

Groaning, Applejack rolled out of bed rather tired despite the day off from yesterday. "Let's hope today will have something to do." After shaking her head a little to extinguish any sleep, she went over to Appleblooms' room. "Wake up Applebloom! We have a long day ahead of us." Even Applebloom was tired, but eventually gave in and got up ready for the day. After breakfast, Applejack started to head into town to set up her stand but was stopped by Applebloom.

"Can I come with you?"

"Now why would you wanna do that?" Applejack inquired. "Weren't you going to play with your friends today?"

"Yeah, but that's not for another three whole hours!" said Applebloom as she put on her best 'big eyes' look. Sighing, Applejack agreed and they headed off. When they got to town, Applejack started to set-up the stand while Applebloom did her thing (which involved making customers buy stuff). Approaching one pony, "Would you like to buy some of our product from Sweet Apple Acres?"

Blankly, "No thanks." was the mares reply. This seemed to repeat quite often that day. So Applejack made the decision to pack up early after a little more than two hours of being out there. Hearing a thump, Applejack looked back seeing Applebloom laying on the ground.

"Sorry bout that sis, must have tripped on something." said Applebloom seeing the look on her big sisters face. Looking down at the spot where she tripped there was a very noticeable glint in the dirt. As she got closer to look at it, she realized why it seemed familiar to her. "Hey Applejack! This looks like a jewel that Rarity had when we went digging with her." But that can't be right can it? Applebloom was positive Rarity had it in her bag securely enough so it couldn't just fall out.

"Are you sure? The chances of that happening..."

"Yes I'm sure! It's the same size, the same color, and has the same glint to it too!"

"Same glint?"

"Yup, see how it has that shine to it? It's almost as if there's somethin' there..."

"Well if ya really think that it's Raritys' then you should go give it back t'her." said Applejack as she reached down to pick up the strange gem. As soon as her mouth hit it there was a sudden jolt of energy that pulsed through her. It was not harmful and only lasted for a second or two, but it made her jump nonetheless.

"What's the matter?"

"Um, nothing." Applejack's thoughts were racing to figure out what just happened, so reaching out again for the gem she picked it up. Nothing happened this time. Confused, she put it away and started to head over to Rarity's. When they got near the boutique, Applebloom knocked and was soon answered by Sweetie Belle.

"Applebloom!" squealed Sweetie Belle. "I thought you weren't coming for another half-hour or so."

"We were in town so I decided to just come over early than to walk home then come back out here. And is Rarity here?"

"Rarity? No she went somewhere, she won't be back for the rest of the day. Why?"

"Well we found a gem in the middle of town and it looked like one that Rarity had when we were digging."

"She is missing that amber we found..." Sweetie Belle put her hoof against her chin, wondering about the situation.

Applejack now stepped up to show her the gem. "Is this it?"

"You found it?!" We looked everywhere for it! Well Rarity did. It was out on the road?"

"Yup. Well you can give..." Applejack was about to hand it over to her when something stopped her from doing so. "Don't." She kept moving forward but it sounded again, this time louder. "DON'T."

"Uh, Applejack? You okay?"

"What? Oh yeah...um...how 'bout I hold on to this. Rarity won't be back until after Applebloom comes back home, so I'll drop it off tomorrow."

"Uh, OK?" Sweetie Belle was obviously confused but decided not to argue with it. So letting it go she and Applebloom went inside while Applejack left for home.

"What was that?" she said to herself. That weird thought...no, voice, was disturbing her. Where did it come from? And why didn't it not want this gem to go to Rarity? The entire walk home she was thinking about what occurred back there. When she got home she put everything away; rushed up to her room, placed the gem on her bed, and gave it a good stare. Picking it up in her hooves, she turned it, studied it thoroughly, and even hit it gently on something. Glaring at it she placed it in a drawer then went downstairs to see if any work was to be done.

"Ignorant little..." He was having trouble trying to understand why his magic had no effect on the mare that was carrying him around, but not bothered too much. Although when she was studying him, that was pushing it. He did not like that in fear of being found out. He was sure that this mare had experience with magic before, he was just not sure how much. "Doesn't matter now, soon I will be back at full power. I just hope that I won't need to reveal myself in the process...using these ponies to get around is painful enough. Soon...very soon.

Author's Note:

This one was meant to be short. The chapter(s) after this one will be quite long to make up for it. Trying to get a chapter a week, chapter 3 should be done by the 17 or 18th. My style has changed a bit from chapter one, this way suits me better. Thanks for reading!

EDITED - 3/31/14