• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 336 Views, 0 Comments

Amazing Grace - nightwolf



When Grace dies in a tragic accident, Star turns to a certain yellow pegasus for help they discover that things aren't always as bad as they seem

  • ...
 0
 336

Deal With It

Rain. It was pouring down Star's back, but she didn't notice. She was to busy crying to notice anything. Grace was gone. Killed by a rogue stormcloud. It seemed very unfair to Star, very much so because Grace hadn't even got her cutie mark yet. Ponies had cried many tears and Grace's parents even moved away because they couldn't bear to stay around the place where their daughter had died. As Star sat crying in front of her friends grave, she heard quiet hoofsteps coming up behind her. It was most likely her mother, coming to tell her to deal with it or some stupid thing like that. But as whoever it was came closer, Star heard faint sobbing. She turned around and there stood Fluttershy, with a bunch of lillies tucked under a wing.
"H...hello Star. I'd thought you'd be here" Fluttershy said quietly. To Star, it seemed that Fluttershy wanted to talk to her. Since Fluttershy had a bouque of flowers and had come to Grace's grave in particular, Star felt a strange connection with the yellow pegasus.
"I'll come to your house with you if you want" Star told Fluttershy, but she shook her head.
"No, the park will do" The pair of them walked slowly towards the park after depositing the lillies at the head of the grave. Nothing seemed happy. Even the ducks and frogs had stopped splashing about like they usually did.
"Let's sit here" Fluttershy sat down on a clump of grass, Star copying her movements.
"Where...where you close to Grace?" asked Star. Fluttershy's actions intrigued her. the party, the way she came to the grave, the funeral, everything.
"Well...as close as our parents allowed us" Fluttershy replied with a faint smile. Star just stared. Never had Grace told her this. Not once, not even the mention of a sibling. Star leaned in for more.
"ex...explain please" Fluttershy smiled faintly at Star's responce
"Well, when I made my desicion to live down here in Ponyville, our parents had just had Grace. They didn't want her coming down here so they said nothing of me to her, but like all things do, she found out and hated our parents for it. She, like me, loved living things and tried to spend as much time as possible down here. Thankfully, our parents soon caught the notion that she didn't particulaly want to live down here, she just liked to visit. So they let her go, but they inforced a strict curfew system, a system which barely let her see me, but let her spend time down here. They were so happy when you two became friends because they thought that you would get her to stay in the air more. But you didn't and they became angry again. They forbid her telling you about me incase you wanted to visit me. All the times coming to the park, she was slipping me notes about how she was going, and I was slipping her notes about the same thing. After Grace...died...my parents came to me and told me they wanted nothing to do with me anymore, for some unexplained reason. That's the other half of why they left." Star stared and tried to understand. eventually it clicked into her brain.
"So...your parents hate you? You're Grace's sister...this..this is so strange yet not!" Star exclaimed. Finally, an explanation to everything!
"Star!" The shout cut through the rain like a knife. Her mother came flying over. "Why aren't you home? I've been looking everywhere for you!" Fluttershy and Star both winced at her harsh tones.
"Sorry Mum, I've just been talking to Fluttershy" Star explained the whole situation to her mother.
"I don't believe it. And Fluttershy, stop telling lies to her, she doesn't need them." Fluttershy looked up at this domeniring figure, with Star standing slightly to the side with a devastated look on her face. She felt a boost of courage.
"No! It was not a pack of lies and you know it! It was the honest truth, every bit of it! Star has the right to know! Stop being such a control freak!" Fluttershy started a a full on rant. Eventually, she ran out of things to say. Star's mother stared for a bit, then zoomed into the sky, waiting for Star to follow.
"Sorry, I don't know why she's acting like this." Star apologised to Fluttershy.
"No need. I forgot to tell you. I saw Grace before she got hit. She had a butterfly cutie mark" By then, Star's mother flew back down and literally grabbed Star by the scruff of her neck and flew home like that. A giant question formed in Star's head. Why hadn't she seen the cutie mark? But just as she asked herself that, the answer came. It was because her parents didn't want their second daughter to have a butterfly cutie mark and covered it with flowers and silk. When they arrived home, Star realised that her father was still at work, so she would be home alone with her mother for awhile. Her mother set her down somewhat roughly on the ground and shoved her face into Star's
"Now listen. I know that Grace was your best friend, but she's dead now. She's not coming back"
"But Mum, she got her cutie mark! I need to get Twilight's and Fluttershy's help with it, but I'll be able to put her cutie mark on her grave! It's what all the other ponies do to their lost ones!" Star argued with the inevitable.
"No! I want you to have nothing to do with that silly filly! You are to stay here until you realise that What Fluttershy told you are a whole bunch of lies! So grow up and stop wasting your time about Grace and deal with the fact that she is dead and gone!" Star stared for a few seconds, then ran down the hall to her room, making sure to slam the door as hard has she could. Her mother's harsh words floated around in her head, forcing her to remember her mother's words for absoloutly everything. "Deal with it."