• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 1,151 Views, 16 Comments

Trading Riches for Rags - RarestRarity1779



What ever could happen when a beautiful, rich, MARRIED mare, goes slumming in the big Capitol City of Canterlot?

  • ...
2
 16
 1,151

Chapter 4

A one month anniversary was close for the newfound relationship with Fleur and Hayseed. The divorce with Fancy had been finalized, albeit in a very public manner. The relationship was still very secretive with Fleur sneaking out of her house in the dead of night and meeting Hayseed on an abandoned street, down an alleyway even, anywhere they could find that they could be alone and love each other without the scrutiny of the media. Since day one, Fleur knew that it couldn’t be kept secret forever, especially if she did want to have an actual marriage with him, but as the days progressed on, Hayseed came to that realization too. At some point or another, the world had to know about their relationship.

“Hello darling,” she said to him as she sat down across from him at a table in front of a cafè.

“Hey sugarcube,” Hayseed replied with a smile. She leaned across the table and kissed him.

“I see you’re wearing your new suit,” she noticed, “how do you like it? It’s from one of the finest names available.”

Hayseed looked down at the thing, “I love it Fleur, but, well...” he hesitated.

“What is it darling?” she asked with concern.

“It’s just that... well...” he didn’t quite know how to put it, “You don’t have to give me all of these nice things to keep me around you.” He knew why she bought him all sorts of things. “And it don’t make feel any better seeing as how I feel I’m not doing anything to pay you back. I’m not that kind of pony, heck, I’m not even the suit kind” he looked into her eyes, “I love you because I love you, not because you’ve got all this money.”

“That’s very sweet,” she replied softly, “I’m so sorry for making you feel this way. I just don’t want to lose you, I can’t... I don’t think I can go through it again,” she hung her head.

He placed his hoof gently atop her’s and said, “You’ll never lose me. I’m here with you through thick and thin.”

“Oh, come here,” she said and leaned across the table for a kiss. Hayseed joined her and the kiss was just as passionate as every other kiss was. “I love you so much,” she said.

“I love you too,” Hayseed replied softly.

More and more ponies were beginning to come down this side street in order to get away from the rush hour traffic, so Fleur and Hayseed decided to go ahead and leave before they were discovered, Fleur by the media, Hayseed by one of his window washing customers.

They walked on, mostly in silence, and enjoyed the rare day of sunshine that wedged itself into this winter. They were right beside an alleyway so Fleur bit her lip and prepared to do something she had wanted to do. She popped down the alleyway and used her magic to whip Hayseed inside of it with her. She was ready to take the relationship further, she was ready to take it up two notches.

“Hey, hey, what the-” Hayseed tried to ask, but he was cut short as Fleur planted her lips on his. She tongue kissed him. Hayseed had never experienced anything like this, nor had he ever thought he would experience it, never in his wildest dreams. He brought his foreleg up and wrapped it around her neck, keeping her pinned against him.

“This is so naughty,” she said with a giggle. Hayseed gave her adventure, he made her feel like no other stallion before him. She didn’t give him a chance to respond, she went back to kissing him so passionately and sensually. Hayseed’s eyes were wide and he had a huge blush on his face. Fleur stopped kissing his lips before the saliva that was dripping from their tongues flew all over her and hugged in to him. She started suckling his neck. She stopped for a moment and said, “I’ve got something planned for you later,” she said sensually, “There’s a hotel in downtown Canterlot, the Celestial Garden, meet me there,” she ordered.

“You can count on it,” he said as she backed off of him.

Fleur began to exit the alleyway, but just before she reached the street said, “Oh, and darling,” she turned only her upper body in an attempt to make her rump look extra firm.

“Er...Yesum?” Hayseed’s country accent returned as he ogled.

Fleur suppressed a giggle, “Wear whatever you want. I want you to be yourself.” She turned and quickly kissed his cheek. “Look out for a message later with a room number and key,” she winked and left the alleyway rather briskly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They had sex for the first time that night. It was a beautiful, bonding moment for them. Almost an hour had passed and they still continued to lay in the bed and cuddle. The relationship was strong before, but it never felt stronger. Unlike the meaningless sex she had previously had with Fancy, there was meaning in this, and she loved it. Everything just seemed so right in this relationship.

She kissed his cheek and then laid her head down on his chest. “That was amazing,” she complimented him and ran her hoof down his chest.

Hayseed blushed. He didn’t think he had done that well, it was his first time after all. “Thank you kindly,” he said.

Fleur giggled, “You’re very welcome,” she said. They laid there in silence for a few more minutes and listened only to the ticking sound of the clock. She leaned her head up and kissed him on the chin. “Race you to the shower?” she smiled and winked at him.

Hayseed smiled too, and caught on quickly. He threw the sheets off of himself and dashed for the bathroom. Fleur cheated him though and used her magic to teleport to the bathroom door. When she appeared, Hayseed threw on his brakes a little too late. When he stopped, his lips were locked to Fleur’s.

“Did you do that on purpose?” he asked playfully.

“Maybe,” she said with a wink and a cute smile. “Now come on, let’s get you cleaned up,” she said and walked forward into the shower. She turned on the water.

Hayseed blushed at the whole sight as it unfolded before him. A mare, a beautiful one, his very own marefriend, asking him to get into the shower with her. He continued to look on as she prepared the bath. If he thought she was beautiful now, he shuddered to think of what she looked like wet. “Are you coming?” she asked and hopped the small tubside into the running water. “Come along now, don’t be shy,” she gently ushered him to her. Hayseed gulped and stepped forward timidly. He had slept with her sure, but there was something about getting into the shower with an inviting mare that was especially naughty to him. “Something wrong darling?” she asked him when he finally joined her.

“N...no,” he replied with a shaky voice, “I just ain’t never been in the shower with another pony before, ‘specially a mare.”

“Oh,” she smiled, “is that all? You’re so cute,” she kissed him on the cheek. “Oh, and I have a feeling that we can fix that,” she giggled sensually and rubbed up against him and then kissed him on the mouth.

And so through working together, the two of them cured Hayseed’s timidity towards couple’s showers, albeit through an ‘explicit’ form of cure, and to think, it had only been a little more than an hour.

Once they were all cleaned up, they prepared to leave, Hayseed first, and then Fleur after an hour or so. The media was swarming this place (all sorts of famous ponies frequented the expensive hotel) and it would look awfully suspicious if Canterlot’s number one voted female model was seen walking out of the place freshly showered and hugging close to a scruffy looking stallion who was also freshly showered (as if a pony like Hayseed didn’t look out of place enough).

As she walked towards her home, Fleur thought about how she would tell her parents. They were ponies of great refinement and reputation. Why, the de Lis family had been in Canterlot for ages. Not only was the de Lis family one with models, it was one with heads of state, members of the royal courts, and powerful heads of powerful organizations. As it were, the de Lis family had not one negative mark against its flawless name. Fleur wasn’t about to be the one to lay the foundation for her family’s reputations demise. That all it was about in this game of wealth and power, reputation. But did it really matter as long as she was happy? There were so many questions she had to ask herself as she diverted her path and walked towards her parent’s home that evening.

Little did she know, on the completely opposite side of town, Hayseed was facing a similar dilemma as he headed towards the train station. He stopped in line at the ticket booth and pulled the ring out of his sweatshirt pocket. It was a beautiful thing, solid gold with the most beautiful diamond atop it. It had cost him nearly all of his life savings. He had wanted to propose to her when they met at the hotel, but he had no idea that they were going to do what they had done, not to mention that ever since he had purchased the ring, he had one final task riding in the back of his mind. He just couldn’t ask her to be his bride before doing it. He must return to Ponyville and tell his family and friends that he would not be returning, he was to marry Fleur de Lis and stay in the city with her.

He faced a problem though. How would he break it to them? He placed himself in their shoes and imagined what it would feel like if your son or best friend just told you that you would never see him again. It hurt him just to think about it. He had always been tight with his family and the few friends he had back in the tiny Ponyville, but just like that, he would be swept away from them by the tide of love for this mare. Would they hate him, or would they respect his decision? He had to get this sorted out before he asked for her hoof. As he boarded the train, he had no idea that way across the bustling city, Fleur was beginning to drop a bombshell on her parents.

“Mother, Father,” Fleur began slowly, quietly, her voice echoed throughout the dining room, “I... have something to tell you.”

“What is it pumpkin?” her father asked and took a sip of his water.

“I...I...” she hesitated, very nervous, “I’ve been having a secret relationship with somepony,” she finally admitted. Her parents looked at each other for a few moments and then looked at their daughter. A secret relationship, how could she? It was absolutely scandalous! “I know what you’re thinking,” she continued, “but I did it for me, for you, for our image. I wasn’t sure if you were ready to know about him.”

“But why ever would you keep him secret?” her mother asked.

“Well... that’s just it...” Fleur looked down, “He... he isn’t ‘one of us’.”

“What do you mean by that?” they asked almost simultaneously.

“You know, he’s not an important pony, he’s not wealthy at all. He isn’t of our class. As a matter of fact, he... he’s a window washer.”

Her father started choking on his food and her mother looked at the table with a look of disbelief on her face. “What?!” Her father stood and shouted angrily. His magic flared violently and the two large wooden doors of the dining room slammed shut one after the other, which signaled that no staff ponies were to enter. “Fleur de Lis!” he began to scold her, “I can not believe the words that are coming out of your mouth. What were, no, what are you thinking?! Have you any idea what this could do to us, to de Lis Enterprises? And you! What do you think it could do to your reputation as a model?! Of all the selfish-”

“Now wait just a minute!” Fleur shot up out of her seat and stared him dead in the eye, “I love him! How dare you stand there and tell me that I’m foolish and selfish for loving somepony who treats me right? He respects me, he makes time for me, he does all of these things that no stallion I’ve ever been in a relationship before has. And let me ask you a question father, of all the bad relationships I’ve been through, of all the crying and arguments, have any of those ever been caused by a pony like him?” He opened his mouth to speak, but she cut him off swiftly. “No! Because I’ve never been with somepony like him! Should it matter if he has less money than we do?” He tried to get a word in once more, only to be cut off again. “If you don’t like it, don’t come to the wedding. Yes, that’s right, I’m going to ask him to marry me. If you don’t like it, you stay away,” her tone was harsh, but then something changed, “I guess my happiness just isn’t important to you, and I guess it never has been. I knew you wouldn’t understand,” her voice broke and she sat back down and wept, her head cradled in her forelegs.

“Oh, now look what you’ve done!” her mother shouted and jumped out of her seat to go comfort the crying mare.

Her father walked away from the window and took his seat. “Fine,” he said after some minutes of thought.

“W...what?” Fleur looked up.

“You’re right,” he said, “and I was wrong. That was a very foolish thing of me to do. I...I suppose I just never looked at it that way,” he stared at the table. Fleur had never heard him have such a docile tone. He continued on with a sigh, “But you’re right, it shouldn’t matter, it wasn’t fair for me to judge like that.” He hesitated a moment, lost in thought, as he leaned back in his chair, placed his front hooves together, and eyed the painting on the wall of him, his wife, and the toddler Fleur that was painted many years ago. “What is this stallion’s name?” he asked, his eyes still locked on the painting.

Fleur sniffled as her mother dried her eyes, “Hayseed, Hayseed Turniptruck of Ponyville” she told him.

He sighed, and blinked at the painting, “Fleur... my baby Fleur,” he said slowly, as if he was talking to the little filly in the painting, “If it is what you want and your heart truly agrees with your head, then... then you both have my blessing,” he stopped looking at the photo and looked over at Fleur.

Fleur smiled wide, “Oh daddy!” she said as she jumped out of her chair and ran across the room to embrace him. Her hooves wrapped tightly around his neck, she said, “Thank you so much!” and hugged him tighter.

“You’re welcome princess,” he said gently as she backed off of him. “And thank you,” he said, “thank you for teaching me a very important lesson. I love you,” he said.

“I love you too,” she said and affectionately cuddled against him like she used to as a young filly, “I...I’m sorry I behaved like tha-” she began.

He held up his hoof. “Do not apologize,” he said, “it is I who should be apologizing. I had no right to do that.”

She smiled and asked if she could stay the night, she would be sure to introduce them to him soon. “You’re always welcome in our home,” her mother said, “and so will your new groom be. You of all ponies should know that.” Her father nodded in agreement.

As Fleur walked up the stairs, a yawn escaping her mouth, she thought about how she could barely wait to get to bed. All of the day’s adventures had tired her out, and the argument downstairs only fueled her exhaustion. She had never frequently fought with her father, even through her teenage years, she was his daughter, and she always realized that was something that would never change. Maybe, just maybe, when she asked Hayseed to marry her, he would agree, and he would be her husband. Inside, she already knew that that too would be something that would never change.