• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 600 Views, 6 Comments

Shrouded in Fear - TinnyPiano26



A demon comes into Twilight's dreams and warns her of an oncoming doom facing Equestria.

  • ...
 6
 600

"So He Doesn't Win"

At Canterlot Castle...

As Twilight approached Celestia's throne with Cadence and the Doctor, she couldn't help but feel a sense of dread slowly coming over her, though she didn't know why. Slowly approaching Celestia, she bowed and began speaking.

"Hello, Princess. I understand you wanted to talk to me?"

Celestia nodded and stood up. "Yes, Twilight, I did. Follow me."

She led Twilight to a small door at the back of the throne room and opened it, motioning for her to enter. Twilight obliged and entered the room, quietly observing it. It consisted of a small, round table with two chairs and a glowing pedestal at the back of the room. Celestia sat in one of the chairs and motioned for Twilight to do the same. She obliged and got comfortable as Celestia began to speak.

"As you might have seen, the Dark One has come back into our world and he began destroying everything a few minutes ago."

Twilight nodded and replied, "Yes, Princess Celestia, I am well aware of that. Luckily, Cadence was able to drive him off."

"I know, Twilight. I sent her because I knew the Dark One was back." She got up and trotted over to the glowing pedestal. "Now, the reason I wanted to speak with you is because I believe I have a way to stop him."

"Really? Well, what is it?" Twilight asked.

Celestia gestured the purple alicorn over to her. "It involves this pedestal," Twilight stood next to her and stared at the stone slab. "Put your horn against it."

Twilight looked at Celestia questioningly. "Why?"

The goddess looked at her, a grim look in her eyes. "I'm going to give you my power, which you are then going to use against the Dark One."

Twilight stared at the princess, her eyes wide in disbelief because of what she just heard. "What?!"

"Twilight," Celestia trotted over to a window that overlooked most of the Everfree Forest, "There is no unicorn or alicorn in all of Equestria that has enough magic power to stop the Dark One. However, you are the most powerful alicorn in the history of Equestria with me as second. If our magic power was to combine, then you would have just enough power to send the Dark One back to the void where he belongs. I gave it a lot of thought, trying to figure out another way to stop him, but nothing else can work. This is the only way."

Twilight looked at her hooves for a moment before setting the tip of her horn against the pedestal, making it glow even brighter than before. "Very well. But why do I have to send him back to the void? If I do that, then he can come back again."

Princess Celestia set the tip of her horn on the pedestal, right next to Twilight's, and began channeling magic to her. Before she transferred the last of her energy to Twilight, she whispered in her ear,

"So he doesn't win."

Celestia collapsed on the ground and remained there, motionless. Twilight dropped down so that her head was right next to her mentor's and began to cry, grieving. For about 20 minutes she stayed there, constantly crying, before she heard the door open behind her. She turned around to see Luna in the doorway, her eyes misty. She trotted over to Twilight's side and kneeled down next to her, putting her foreleg around Twilight and staring at the motionless body of her sister. Twilight buried her face in Luna's mane and began to cry heavily, her tears streaming down her face and her wails echoing around the room.

"We know how you feel, Twilight Sparkle." Luna quietly said, her voice cracking, while rubbing Twilight's side, comforting her. "We know."