• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 434 Views, 3 Comments

Love's Magic: Lucid Vision's Spell - DJ Dreamtheater



sequel to "Restless Nights"

  • ...
 3
 434

A New Day, A New Adventure

Chapter 1

A New Day, A New Adventure

A month has passed since Rainbow Dash’s and Applejack’s confessional. These two former friends, now lovers, have been dealing with the trials that come with loving one another. Trials that are only brought on by loving a pony of the same sex. It took all there will to admit to each other their feelings and against what they were taught they made a working relationship. With fear and doubt in their minds and hearts they pushed forward so they could be together. Even so one last thing had to be addressed and that was telling Applejack’s family the news.

As most would expect the family was taken by surprise by the news. Despite this Big Mac was supportive of his younger sister. Of course he would be this is his little sister after all. Besides Big Mac knew that Applebloom would be too young to understand, and in all respects she was, and he also knew that Granny Smith would be the hardest to win over with this “revelation” they brought out. That doesn’t mean they didn’t try but Granny Smith was too old fashion.

Granny Smith wasn’t too keen on the idea of this love and she thought it was a faze that needed to run its course. With that thought in her mind she still showed support to the two mares because it was still her granddaughter after all. Granny Smith just had her opinions on the relationship but never voiced them out of fear of hurting Applejack’s friendship with Rainbow. She just sat on the side lines and waited for her granddaughter to come to her senses and move on. No matter how much she wanted to say something.

The hardest one to talk to about this was obviously Applebloom. With her being such a young age and impressionable they tried to explain it to her but she wasn’t able to fully understand. To Applebloom love was love despite who it was or what gender they were. Applejack could have explained how somepony’s would say otherwise but Applejack didn’t want to stack political issues on top of this as well. She just told Applebloom that no matter what anypony says love is love and don’t let anything change that thought.

After telling her family Applejack felt like a load of cinder blocks was taken off her back. She was relieved to have the support of her family behind her and Rainbow right by her side. Now she could get finally focus on getting back to work and the best part is that now her and Rainbow don’t have to sneak around or worry about being caught. They are finally free to be themselves in front of Applejack’s family.

The last month Rainbow and Applejack had gotten back into the rhythm of doing the usual things. Applejack went back to running the farm and Rainbow was back to weather patrol also being lazy as usual. Of course no matter how lazy she felt Rainbow always made the time to stop by the farm at the end of the day and spend a few hours with Applejack except on the weekends. The weekends was their time to be together twenty-four hours a day.

They spent the time at the farm or around town but that doesn’t mean they didn’t try to spend their time at Rainbow’s home. It’s just falling through clouds at two in the morning when you’re asleep isn’t anypony’s idea of a fun weekend. Twilight forgot to tell them that the “Walking on Clouds” spell had a short time limit. Rainbow got a few good laughs out of the experience but Applejack didn’t share in Rainbow’s humor.

The last few weeks have been good to the two mares. They’ve enjoyed each other’s company and learning new things about one another. Both personally and intimately.

* * *

“Mornin’ Rainbow” Applejack mumbled

Applejack was laying there not fully awake, her eyes were still closed, but she knew Rainbow was next to her. Mostly because of the unique smell of Rainbow’s mane from the shampoo AJ got her. Rainbow was still tired from the night they had. She had hoped Applejack would sleep in today but unfortunately for Rainbow that wouldn’t be the case.

“Morning AJ. I’m surprised you’re awake this early.” Rainbow answered as she shuffled around under the covers.

“Well of course Ah’m awake. Ah’m not the lazy one here.” Applejack replied as she rolled out of bed and walked to the mirror.

“No jokes…not this early. I wanna go back to sleep.” Rainbow grabbed the covers and curled up into a ball and tried to sleep.

“Ah don’t think so Rainbow. We got things to do today.” Applejack pulled the covers off Rainbow forcing her to wake up.

“You know I didn’t come here to work this weekend.” Rainbow remarked

“There’s no work. We just have to get a few things from town, that’s all.” Applejack answered

“Sounds like work.” Rainbow mumbled

“Come on it won’t be that bad. Just a few things and we’ll be back.” Applejack said

“You sure know how to make a pony work hard, don’t you?” Rainbow jokingly asked

“You would know wouldn’t you?” Applejack replied

Rainbow buried her head in the pillow trying to hide the fact she walked into that one. She then sat up, her mane a mess, and started to walk to the bathroom.

“I’m going to take a shower. I’ll see you downstairs.”

“Alright, don’t go flying off now.” Applejack answered

“What? ME? Never” Rainbow answered back

“So y’all are gonna be downstairs soon, RIGHT?” Applejack sarcastically reminded her

“Of course” Rainbow replied

“Good, now Ah won’t have to spend half the day huntin’ you down.”

Applejack put her trademark hat on and left the room while Rainbow walked into the bathroom and proceeded to take a shower. The rest of the family was still asleep except for Big Mac who was out in the orchards working. Applejack, on the other hoof, had plans to spend the day with Rainbow but she needed to get some things for the family first. Rainbow didn’t want to go out and shop for things but if it meant she could spend time with AJ it will be fine. Besides she could also get a delicious home cooked meal out of it as well.

Rainbow got done with her shower and spent a little extra time brushing her mane. After all she was in a relationship now so she had to make herself look good for her partner. The distinct aroma of the shampoo Applejack got her caught her nose. Rainbow wasn’t use to the smell yet but her marefriend bought it just for her so obviously she is going to use it. After getting ready Rainbow headed downstairs to where Applejack was. Rainbow crept around the corner and snuck up behind AJ then gave her a small kiss on her neck. Applejack cocked her head to the side.

“No fair. Y’all know how sensitive Ah am on my neck.” Applejack replied as she turned to Rainbow

“That’s why I did it. Besides you didn’t complain last night.” Rainbow replied

Before Applejack could fire back a remark the sound of Granny Smith could be heard coming down the stairs. The Apple family did know about Applejack and Rainbow being together but it still seemed awkward talking about it in front of Granny.

“Mornin’ Granny” Applejack answered

“Morning there Granny” Rainbow followed up

“Morning dear, I see Rainbow spent the night.” Granny answered back

“Uh yea she did. Ah hope that wasn’t a problem?” questioned Applejack

“No of course not as long as she helps you today.” Replied Granny

“Of course she will. Right, Rainbow?” Applejack asked as she looked over her shoulder at Rainbow trying to sneak out of the room.

“Umm. Yea! Sure would love to help…on my day off.” Rainbow muttered that last part to herself

“After breakfast we were gonna head out.” explained Applejack

“Actually I need for you two to go to the market now. We’re runnin’ low on supplies already.” suggested Granny

“Alright then come on Rainbow let’s get goin’.” Applejack commanded

“Ahhh so no food?” moaned Rainbow

“Y’all can eat when we get back.” Applejack responded

“Fine…better be worth it though.” Rainbow mumbled

Granny Smith gave Applejack the rather substantial list of supplies needed. Rainbow caught a glimpse at the list and her draw dropped. All she could think is that this is going to take longer than an hour. Her hopes of getting some home cooked food for breakfast seemed like a pipe dream now. Rainbow hung her head down and strolled out of the room to the front door.

“What’s wrong Rainbow?” asked Applejack

“Nothing…” Rainbow sighed

“Aww cheer up. Y’all may not get breakfast but Ah’ll treat ya to lunch, how’s that?” Applejack bargained

“Alright but don’t let me down on this one too.” Rainbow agreed

* * *

The couple had spent the morning going from shop to shop and getting the things the Apple family needed. Walking around Ponyville seemed to be more difficult now that they were together. No pony outside the Apple family, except Twilight, knew that Rainbow and Applejack are together and have been for a little over a month. Not even their close friends had knowledge or even any suspicions. The two kept the truth to themselves and waited for the right time to tell everypony.

As they walked through the market place they tried to keep a firm distance from each other but not far enough. They were friends after all and being too far from one another would be obvious. The two had come up with the appropriate amount of space so they would be close but not too close. Even though they were in public it still didn’t stop the two from ‘messing’ with each other from time to time.

After walking around all morning they were about through with the list. Just one more stop at Mr. Greenthumb’s stand then they will be done. Not too soon either because Rainbow’s stomach could out roar an Urisaminor at this point. She was starving for some of Applejack’s homemade vegetable stew. At this point she would have settled for something cooked by Sweetie Belle.

“Afternoon Mr. Greenthumb” greeted Applejack

“Afternoon there Applejack and I see Rainbow Dash is here with you again.” Mr. Greenthumb replied

Mr. Greenthumb was an older stallion who has seen his share of better days. Even though he was up in age that never stopped him from cracking jokes or growing some of the best produce in Equestria. He had a dark green coat with a semi-long greenish-grey mane. He had light brown eyes and a cutie mark of a hand-shovel and plow. If you looked hard enough you could see a faint hint of grey coming through his dark green coat showing his age.

“Yea I tend to stick around the farm and help out from time to time. It’s not a problem for a pony like me. I’m use to hard work.” Rainbow replied

“Well I would suggest taking it easy you two. If you hang around each other too much somepony may get the wrong ideas.” Mr. Greenthumb chuckled

“What? Wrong ideas, yea right, nothing going on here.” Rainbow answered as if being interrogated

“Ahh there’s nothing wrong with that. If that’s what you’re into that is. As for me I think you should grab love at first chance you get. You don’t want it to roll right by you, do you?” Mr. Greenthumb answered as if he knew there situation

“Uh Mr. Greenthumb not meaning to cut you off but can Ah get two heads of cabbage and three pounds of potatoes.” interrupted Applejack

“Of course dear, I’ll be back in a few seconds.” Mr. Greenthumb left and walked behind his cart to get the items

“Ah man for a second I thought he knew something.” sighed Rainbow

“How could he? He was just giving some kindly advice that’s all. Y’all need to stop worrying so much.” Applejack reassured Rainbow then wrapped her hind leg around Rainbow’s

“Hey calm down AJ, now I know somepony will notice this.” whispered Rainbow

“Y’all are the one who needs to ‘cool down’.” whispered Applejack

“HEY I SEE YOU TWO!”

“What?!” Rainbow yelled and began looking around

“There you two are.”

“Ahh man we’ve been found out.” Rainbow thought

“Rainbow! Applejack!”

The two ponies were tackled to the ground and one fell swoop.

“Hey there Pinkie” answered Applejack

“Pinkie…should have known.” moaned Rainbow

“Hey girls so what are you doing here?” asked Pinkie

“Just some shopping for the farm.” Applejack replied dusting herself off

“Oooohh that’s soo weird. Just a few minutes ago I was at the bakery making some bon-bons and I noticed that we were out of eggs for the chocolate so I thought ‘Hey I should go see Applejack she has chickens and they lay eggs’ so I rushed out of the store then got to the market and saw you two standing here. It’s like it was destiny!” Pinkie excitedly explained

“Or coincidence” Rainbow said as she rolled her eyes

“Well anyway I guess since we’re all here we can head back to farm together.” suggested Pinkie

“Sure thing we just need to finish up here.” explained Applejack

“Oh I can help” Pinkie suggested as she waved her hoof in the air as if she was in school

“Speaking of which here are your items Applejack.” Mr. Greenthumb interrupted

“Thank ya kindly Mr. Greenthumb and here’s the bits.” Applejack grabbed the cabbage and gave the potatoes to Pinkie

“Finally now we can head back and I can get something to eat.” Rainbow remarked

“After we store this stuff first” Applejack added

“Urgh, you’re a real slave driver aren’t you?” Rainbow retorted

“You would know best, wouldn’t ya?” Applejack added again with a smile

Rainbow’s face began to glow red from Applejack’s remark. Poor Pinkie Pie thought the two were poking fun at each other and that AJ got one over on Rainbow. If Pinkie knew what they were really suggesting she would probably be embarrassed as well. At any rate that didn’t stop Pinkie Pie from asking why Rainbow’s face got red like that. They didn’t tell her anything except that it’s an inside joke between them.

* * *

Back at the farm they were storing the supplies in the cellar behind the barn. It was mid-day now and Rainbow wouldn’t stop hinting at her stomach being empty and Applejack’s promise for lunch. Applejack would just roll her eyes and go back to what she was doing. First the supplies needed to be put away then Pinkie Pie’s need for eggs after would be lunch. Of course this didn’t stop Rainbow from dropping hints the whole time.

After getting the supplies stored Applejack walked over to the chicken coop to gather eggs for Pinkie Pie.

“Rainbow have y’all seen where Pinkie went?” Applejack asked

“Probably left, like my hopes for vegetable stew.” Rainbow remarked

“Oh for the love of Pete. Once this stuff gets done I’ll fix ya something.” Applejack annoying answered

“I saw her walk off to the chickens.” answered Rainbow

“And y’all didn’t stop her?” asked Applejack

“Nope” Rainbow responded

“Let go get her before she hurts herself…again.” sighed Applejack

The two walk around to the chicken coops and find Pinkie running around and chasing chickens. She was laughing and calling herself a chicken wrangler. Rainbow and Applejack decided to let Pinkie Pie just have fun in her little world for a while. The two leave Pinkie alone and head inside so Applejack can fix Rainbow that lunch she promised and so Rainbow will finally quit complaining.

Applejack and Rainbow both headed into the kitchen. Since coming to the Apple family home on weekends Rainbow has picked up a few things on cooking herself. She is nowhere as good as AJ but she can help her nonetheless. Rainbow started cutting up the vegetables need for the stew and Applejack handled all the technical things like grinding spices, mixing herbs and preparing the vegetables. The two had become close to one another and enjoyed their company plus the Apple family like having Rainbow around to help every now and then. Rainbow enjoyed being around the family as well.

It took about an hour of cooking but the stew was ready and Rainbow had been dying for this all day. Just as they were about to sit at the table Pinkie Pie came bursting in through the front door sniffing the air.

“I smell stew!” Pinkie happily yelled and headed for the kitchen

“Ah yea help yourself.” Applejack offered

“Just save seconds for me!” Rainbow exclaimed

“Boy those chickens sure can run and run and run.” replied Pinkie

“Well when you have a giant, pink, pony chasing saying she’s a chicken wrangler you tend to run.” Rainbow whispered to AJ

Applejack snickered as Pinkie Pie sat at the table. Pinkie Pie began eating the stew and moaning with every bite. It was so delicious but then again Applejack’s food is the best in Ponyville. Applejack got up from the table and headed outside to get Pinkie Pie’s eggs for her and to see if any of the chickens might need to be calmed down.

“Ahh man that was good eatin’.” Pinkie said as she patted her stomach

“Yea AJ can cook the best food around.” Rainbow replied

Rainbow was still eating hers. She was savoring every mouthful compared to Pinkie who gulped it down. Rainbow was halfway through her bowl when AJ came walking back in and handed the basket of eggs to Pinkie. Pinkie gave Applejack a hoofful of bits and started to leave. As Pinkie was heading for the door a knock was heard. Pinkie opened the door to see Twilight standing on AJ’s front porch.

“Twlight? Well fancy seein’ you here.” Applejack answered surprisingly

“Yea shouldn’t you be in Canterlot or something? You know going through princess training.” Rainbow added

“What, no? What gave you that idea?” Twilight responded

“Well with y’all becomin’ an Alicorn and all, also we haven’t seen that much of you since then.” Applejack answered

“Well I’ve been busy with my studies of new levels of magic.” Twilight replied

“Ooh Twilight can you fly yet?!” Pinkie asked

“Yes Pinkie I can fly. You know that.” Twilight nodded

“Oh yea” Pinkie remarked and giggled

“So what’s with the visit?” asked Applejack

“Actually Canterlot is the reason I’m here. I received a letter from Princess Celestia saying she wants to meet with us.” Twilight explained

“All six of us?” Rainbow asked

“Yes she said it was urgent. It must be something big because she didn’t tell me everything.” Twilight continued

“Well looks like we’re off to Canterlot then.” Applejack replied as she shifted her hat

-End of Chapter 1-