• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 879 Views, 13 Comments

How not to behave in a library. - The_Swedish_Horror



Twilight Sparkle accidentally spills her cocoa in one of princess Celestia's most valuable books.

  • ...
6
 13
 879

Twilight the wild pony

An astray Twilight Sparkle walked trough the flatland south of the northern woods. The landscape consisted mostly of meadows and streams with clear, cold water from the high, snowy peaks of the Unicorn range. Twilight had invented a new, clever disguise; she had turned her jacket inside out and somehow thought that this would make her look like a totally different pony at a distance. Although she was a very intelligent unicorn, she wasn't exactly a master of disguise like Pinkie Pie. But in theory it was a great plan. If she only hadn't left her spell books at the storage building...

But at least she didn't starve. She could eat the grass, even if it wasn't a favourite dish for a pony used to cupcakes and sandwiches with daisies on them. Twilight had enjoyed a privileged and comfortable life, and now she was walking Equestria's road less lands like a wild pony. She couldn't go to Canterlot, and she couldn't return to Ponyville either. And now she could not even use the bucking Friendship Express! How she missed her balloon...

But suddenly she got an idea. She had red in a book somewhere that before Celestia, and even before Discord, ponies had lived in the wild during the paleo pony period. They didn't have houses or trains or princesses... They just lived of what nature provided. Twilight concluded that if they could make it, so could she... After all, she was a very talented unicorn. And how hard could it be? Not hard at all, she thought!

And thus Twilight decided to become a wild pony, living free and happy in the nature. She found a perfect place for her settlement in the creek of a little stream. Twilight gathered branches and twigs from the trees nearby and started to build something that she called a hut. It looked like a failed bird's nest, but to her it resembled the Canterlot castle. She put the twigs and branches on the ground and tied them together with grass and reeds. Then she made a little bed out of grass and happily placed herself upon it. Here she would sleep and enjoy the beauty of nature, laughing at the city ponies and their ridiculous taste for unnecessary luxury! Ha! Those foals!

After a moment, while enjoying the wonderful beauty of nature, Twilight got bitten by an ant!
"Aoch!" she cried and stomped the annoying little pest flat with her hoof. "Stupid ant! I'm resting on my well built bed..."
Then she got bitten by another ant. And then another... She had placed her bed right upon an anthill!
"Pony tails! Bucking hay!" she cursed and rolled around in the grass to rid herself from the enraged ants.

But the bitten unicorn didn't give up. She decided to take a stand. Twilight started to rub two sticks together to make fire to drive the ants away! After half an hour of intense rubbing she gave up and used her magic to create a burst of flame, much like the ones that from time to time shot out of her mane and tail when she was really enraged.
Twilight poked the anthill in the tall grass with the burning stick, laughing.
"Hahahaha! You think you can bite me and get away with it? You thought you were clever ants? Guess who's clever now!"
Then the flames quickly spread to the grass.
"Oups, I set fire to your little anthill? Well, that's too bad... Hahaha! Now you'll see what it's like to... to have your anthill burned down!"

And then she realized that her hut was located in the tall grass, too. Soon it erupted in flames and the fire grew to an uncontrollable inferno!
"No... no no no!" she said, trotting on the spot in growing panic.
The whole area was now very much on fire and Twilight had to jump into the stream to not get scorched. She swam to the other side and could only watch in horror and shame when the fire spread across the meadow emitting damp, grey smoke and a smell of burnt grass.

In a couple of minutes everything was on fire. Twilight galloped as fast as she could, fleeing from the raging flames. The heat and the smoke filled her eyes with tears and she coughed while she ran across the burning meadow. The wind had created a storm of fire, engulfing everything in its path! Now she was really scared. Her heart pounded fast like a drum.
Then she saw something sweeping down from the sky at high speed. And before she knew it, she was being lifted to safety by a pegasus!

"You can thank me later," the cyan coated pony suggested with a proud look in her golden eyes.
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you..."
"You're welcome. It is my duty as a hero to perform heroic acts!"
After they had landed safely on the ground, the pegasus decided to stay a little longer to receive even more praise for her heroic actions. It clearly reminded Twilight of Rainbow Dash's uncontrollable narcissism during the infamous Mare Doo Well incident.
"You are truly an amazing pony," Twilight said, for the fifth time.
"Yeah, I know! I'm the best of the best," she bragged.
"Yes, you're very, very talented. Exactly like Rainbow Dash..."
The smile immediately disappeared from the pegasus's face. Her eyes got a harsh look in them that Twilight hadn't seen before.
"What did you say?" she hissed.
"Very talented...?"
"Not that! You mentioned a name. A name that should never be mentioned again in my presence... Is that clear, unicorn?"
The pegasus tried to sound threatening, but her voice failed her. Twilight realized that she was really hurt.
"I didn't mean to... I'm so sorry. Please forgive me!" Twilight said.
"Do... do... not do that again..." the pony commanded.
"I promise. Please don't be angry at me. You're amazing. You saved my life.. and...."
The pegasus spread her wings and lifted off without saying goodbye. She felt really sorry for her.

Twilight decided to not try to be a wild pony ever again. Her books hadn't mentioned anything about ants and fires and she concluded that nature was very overrated.