• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 733 Views, 34 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War | SpiritStorm - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
5
 34
 733

Deep Old Secrets

The stealthy Eldeer could not hide from General Studds and his stallions as they destroyed every single Treebone structure that stood before them. Farseer Gitane stood atop a ledge, reflecting upon her ancestor's historical victory.

"We came here long, long ago." She said as her warriors and stronghold continued to be ravaged before her very eyes. "We did battle with our deathless foes, the Necronies, and won. This day... this day we have lost. If they swarm again like locusts here, some other must stop them."

The Equestrial Guard shot at anything that was not Pony. The Eldeer warriors fell to their lasguns and bayonets. The Treelords tried to bring them down, but were attacked by Sentinel lascannons. From afar, Chimera tanks drove in, firing their hot-shot guns and annihilating the Eldeer.

On the cliff, Gitane trotted to the Webway Gate that brought her to Pandora III in the first place. "For we shall be gone." She disappeared into the Webway with the Warlocks. Sentinels approached the portal and blasted it to rubble.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The fact that an ancient Eldeer stronghold had resided on Pandora III took the 252nd Conservator Regiment entirely by surprise, something that General Vanguard Studds was not pleased to hear of. After sending the officers responsible for intelligence on Pandora III to the firing squads, General Studds undertook to remove all non-Equestrial presences from the planet. Although the strategies and technology of the Eldeer far outmatched his abilities, the fearless General marshaled firepower and heavy armor to great advantage, finally revealing, cornering, and removing the Eldeer forces from the face of the map.

What the Equestrial Guard found after the battle was evidence of an Eldeer military presence older than theirs; and, in fact, older than the very Equestrium. General Studds paused only a moment to wonder at this before ordering nearly all of the Eldeer structures and artifacts summarily destroyed. In Studds' mind, Pandora III was a waste planet, good for mining or few necessary military installations, and no more. The Northern Wastes would make a finer low-grade outpost for the Equestrial Guard.