• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 611 Views, 22 Comments

My perfect world - Lonepone



Vinyl thinks she has it perfect. Her club, Her life, with only Octavia in it.

  • ...
6
 22
 611

Just My Bass Cannon

I walk out of my front door, pushing the amped up speaker in front of me. It’s heavy, but I’m used to pushing it around to my gigs. I have multiple settings on it. Stun is what I used on Mr. Dash before. Bass is the setting I normally put it on for my gigs. But this time, I turn it up past stun, higher than I ever put it before. “Well, looks like I’m not putting my phaser on stun this time. Sorry, Spock” I mutter to myself.

I push my homemade contraption down the street, warning anypony I meet to get inside. I see flashes of light up ahead, where Runner must obviously be. I push harder, and I’m almost there. I round the final corner to see Runner backed into a corner, Walker and Bass facing him down.

Runner’s horn glows, charging up his magic. Walker falters, but Bass keeps going further. Runner then unleashes a beam of pent up energy, hitting Bass square in the chest. He’s sent flying backwards. Almost as if in slow mo, I watch him fly over my shoulder. He looks at me and makes eye contact, and all I see in his face is fear. That, more than anything, pushes me on. I have to stop him.

Walker is hit next. He’s a bit stronger, and manages to stand for a while, before the beam knocks him out also. Now’s my time.

Runner laughs. “And so falls the last defender of Equestria.I’m going to love ruling over you all” He gloats.

“Guess again” I say, as I warm up my machine.

He looks at me. “Hm? And what might that be?” He asks, referencing my Bass Cannon.

I grab my shades, and slip them on over my eyes. That familiar shade of purple settles over everything, and I can feel my confidence welling up inside me. “Oh, nothing special, JUST MY BASS CANNON!” With that, I swing my hoof down on the red button labeled ‘Fire’. A wave of wubs jet out of the speaker, and it takes form as a light blue beam, matching my hair color.

Runner is hit dead center by it, and is sent flying backwards by it, and the force of it gouges out the earth around him. He smashes into the wall of a house behind him. I change the setting on my cannon from stun, to kill. I walk up to him, and point the Bass Cannon right at him. “Any last words?” I ask, standing above him.

He coughs, and then smiles a little. “That things power level... Is over 9,000!”

I just roll my eyes, and hit the fire button one last time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m back in the house now, standing next to Derpy’s dead body. Everypony is standing next to me. I look over at Bass, who had a broken leg, but had it healed by Walker. Walker is standing there, looking at Derpy, tears running unashamedly down his face. An unfamiliar voice speaks. It’s soft, yet has authority. “Good bye” If I wasn’t looking at Walker, I wouldn’t have known it was him. He seems to fade out of existence, and just like that, he’s gone.

Derpy sits bolt upright, gasping for breath. We all cheer, but I’m the only one who saw what happened to him. Derpy also seems to know, as she looks at me and seems to instantly know my sorry.

Theres a knock on the door, so I go to check it. I walk into the entry room, and open the door. Dr. Whooves is standing there, looking confused. “Where were you?” I ask him.

“I don’t know. I think I was dead, I was in this kind of inbetween area, neither dead nor alive. This pony appeared, and showed me a door. I walked through it, and I appeared on your front step. And then you opened it” He explains. I take his answer, and lead him into the living room were Derpy also just returned from the land of the dead.

Derpy see’s the Doctor, and immediately starts to apologize. “Whooves, I’m so sorry. I just had to move you, you see, I couldn’t let this happen, and when the other two continued on, all this happened...”

“All what happened?” He asks.

“I’ll show you” I saw, and lead him upstairs. But the wall is whole. I look outside, and everything is normal. “Never mind” I saw.

I walk into my room, and sit on my bed, overwhelmed. I see a piece of paper on my bedside table, and pick it up and read it.

Vinyl Scratch-

I’m not a pony. Not a normal one, in any case. I was made by a human author (Yes, there are Humans, you may even meet a few), and I came to Equestria for some reason I didn’t know at the time. I sacrificed myself the first time to save your land from destruction by a human hacker, and after words, my spirit, soul, whatever you want to call it was integrated into this world. It’s hard to explain, So I’ll just tell you the result. Equestria is soon to be attacked by a massive spaceship, and you play a pivotal role. I can’t tell you more without breaking this world, but I’m here as a kind of Guardian Angel.

-Day Walker

Author's Note:

check out the epilogue, it provides a teaser for the next piece of work I'll be doing, along with me talking a little bit about the story.