• Published 10th Mar 2013
  • 793 Views, 6 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Wounded Worlds - PonyThumbs



Fallout: Equestria from the point of view of a pegasus. Fresh storyline and characters.

  • ...
3
 6
 793

Chapter 1: September

Chapter 1: September

I was, yet again, above the cloud cover. The crisp autumn air whisked around me and through my mane, kicking it up into a heap. I knew it was a death wish to come above the clouds for somepony like me, yet, what did I have to lose? The Enclave has already stripped me of everything and everypony who had ever cared for me or loved me. I felt a nickering in the back of my head. It was my subconscious reminding me that the guard patrol would be back in a minute or two. Just one more look is all I need. Just one final peak at what had once been the home of my wife, two kids, and mine. I glanced at the corner where the guards would round in about seven seconds. I quickly flew towards a fluffy, white house and hid behind it. I took a deep breath and began to wait.
I counted down from fourteen. ...3...2...1...Go.
I turned, putting myself perfectly between the two guards and right behind them. I walked with them, staying cleverly away from anything that could catch me in their peripheral vision. The street was dead silent, minus the light breaths I could hear the two guards taking. Just as they started to turn to complete their round, I sank just into the clouds so that I couldn't be seen or stepped on. I waited 23 seconds for the guards to be out of sight, then returned to my initial task of finding the house. According to my inner sense of direction, my house was a left, a right, continuing on a straight away, then a final left and it was the eighth house on the left. Even though I had been away from this cursed city for 4 years, I still remembered it like the back of my hoof.

In no time, I was at my house. I stared at it for almost five minutes. I wanted to enter so bad, but I knew I couldn't. First off, the new owners probably wouldn't appreciate the lone dashite barging his way into the house. Second, if I entered the house, I risked an emotional breakdown of rage and sorrow. That was a risk I wasn't about to take. I took another long glance. And flew back down towards the Equestrian wasteland. But, of course, as I left, somepony saw my flank. Of fucking course. Alarms rose up around the city of New Haven quickly. Apparently the pony who had spotted me knew me before I left the Enclave. There was almost nopony left who would know me in New Haven. Though confused as to who could have recognized me, I made my escape before the Enclave even knew how to respond to the threat. I dove below the clouds to be greeted by the sweet tingling sensation of radiation glowing from below. The area was known as Fillydelphia when it stood, proud and tall. The city was, by all means, no longer glorious. It was a pile of rubble with a mile wide crater just east to the towns center. I flew past as quickly as I could as not to draw attention to the raiders and slavers that might be inhabiting the area.

I had made a new life for myself in Friendship City as Harbinger of Greatness with Capricorn. I didn't deserve the title. I was far too dark with a much too horrible history to have such an alias. Capricorn had left with me, but I asked him to stay below the clouds. He was far more recognizable than I was with his coat. Practically nopony had a black coat in the Enclave anymore. I landed on the outskirts of the city on top of an abandoned grocery store where I had left Capricorn to go to New Haven. As I touched down, he rushed out in a fit of rage. "I heard the alarm from down here, what did you do?!" He was worried I had done what I was afraid I would do. He thought I had entered the house.

"No, I stood there too long. I can't risk going there again anymore now that I know somepony still knows what I look like. Help me remember that please?"

I gave a weak smile. Dread filled Capricorn's face. He stammered, "Wha-wh-g, FLY!" He turned and struck out for the edge of the building and swooped to the ground in an arc that would put him at the entrance to the store. I spun my head while starting to take off to see the stark black armor of Enclave soldiers shooting towards me. I flew to the indoors where Capricorn would be waiting and we would have the upper hand in the firefight. I used the door on the far left and did my best not to set off any of the traps we had rigged up for invaders, or now, the Enclave. I met Capricorn behind the barricade of flipped over and sideways shelves that we had made. The traps hadn't been intended for the Enclave, they were meant for the bandits, raiders, and slavers that stopped by here on occasion, but I guess saving my reckless flank was their destiny. I quickly threw on my battle saddle, custom fit with two laser rifles, and took aim at the entrance. The soldiers burst in through the doors, and were met by an onslaught of grenades. A massive explosion rocked the room as they went off all at once. The battle was still far from won. The frags only took out 2 of the five fully suited personnel. I took to the air and fired the lasers as fast as I could, concentrating on the closest target. Capricorn supported me with a double barrel shotgun from the ground. I emptied my second clip into the nearest soldier before he died. I dove back to cover for a reload. I heard the blast of Cap.'s double barrel and the satisfying sound of blood and internal organs flying everywhere follow. That meant four down, one to go. I spun off from cover and squeezed off 5 rounds from both rifles when the last target vaporized from the heat of the lasers. I smiled, and heard another shot. This wasn't the friendly 'bang' a shotgun, but the zip of a plasma pistol. I fell to my right side from a lack of balance. One of the soldiers hadn't been finished, and hit me. I was bleeding everywhere uncontrollably from my newly stumped right hind leg. I screamed. Nothing I had ever done had even remotely prepared me for the pain and sudden nausea of losing a limb. I puked on the ground, and continued to scream. What was better still is I had used our last healing potions and bandages on a local back in Friendship City. I felt a little light headed from blood loss, but stood with my good legs anyways. I collapsed from pain and promptly passed out.