• Published 28th Mar 2013
  • 1,424 Views, 11 Comments

Pony Wings - Angelic-Muffinz



The Cutie Marks Crusaders are now fully grown mares. Babs, Apple Bloom and Sweetie have all got their cutie marks. All of them, apart from Scootaloo.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,424

A Dream Teacher

Pony Wings

A Dream Teacher

Scootaloo knocked on the beautifully decorated door of Carousel Boutique. Rarity, still looking as fresh as she's always been, answered. She smiled.
"Scootaloo, darling! It's been oh so long. Oh, so long, that you might have got your cutie mark! No, no - You must have gotten it!" cheered Rarity. Scootaloo scratched the back of her head nervously.
"Uh, yeah, sure" she lied "So, um, is Sweetie Belle here?" she asked, quickly getting off the topic.
"Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo is here to see you!" she called. The same beautiful white-coated, purple and pink maned unicorn she knew trotted down the stairs, carefully attempting not to ruin an elegant dress she had on, presumably one of Rarity's most recent designs. She wrapped her forelegs around Scootaloo's body and spoke up in an elegant voice.
"Scootaloo, darling! So glad to see you, come in, come in!" she insisted. The Pegasus nodded and walked in with her friends.
"Why, Scootaloo" Sweetie said, sitting down at a table with her friend while waiting for Rarity to bring tea. "It feels like i haven't seen you in..years! Well, after Babs, Apple Bloom and I got our cutie marks, well, we felt there was no purpose to be the Cutie Mark Crusaders anymore, but i am so dreadfully sorry I left you there, darling. I am really, truly sorry" Scootaloo's small wings perched up as she noticed tears welling up in Sweetie's emerald eyes, slowly cascading onto the table.
"Honestly, Sweetie. It's perfectly fine!" she said.
"I-It is?" Scootaloo nodded as she received another hug.
"Oh thank you so much darling!" she flashed a smile "So, getting off of that, lets see your cutie mark! Why, I bet you tried so hard that you got such an extraordinary cutie mark that those ugly mugs Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were jealous! Ha!" she finished, letting out a rather ladylike 'hmph!' at the end. The Pegasus stared blankly at her flank.
"Oh, yeah...really extraordinary" she got out of her seat extremely slowly, her head at level with the ground. Sweetie Belle noticed Scootaloo's still blank flank.
"Oh! M-my!" she gasped. She got out of her seat, revealing that she had a bell and a sparkling musical note as her cutie mark. "Dear, dear Scootaloo! I-"
"N-no..It's okay, Sweetie Belle. It's my fault for being so useless" she cringed on the last word. Her purple tail covered her blank flank as she opened the door. "Thanks for having me over, Sweet. I'm going to see Apple Bloom now..." she explained, slamming the door behind her. Sweetie Belle stared at the door blankly.
"What are we going to do with you, Scootaloo?"
Meanwhile, Scootaloo was slowly walking along to her destination, her head level with the ground as she let out a sigh.
"God. I'm a stupid blank flank. My friends are so much more superior than me. I'm just a worthless piece of s-"
"Scootaloo!" A familiar voice called out. Her head perched up, noticing a red maned earth pony standing in front of her.
"Is that really you, Scootaloo? It's been so long!" She smiled excitedly. The pegasus nodded.
"Y-yeah! It has. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be working at Sweet Apple Acres right now?"
"I am workin'. I just needed to go to my stall and start sellin' apples" she explained.
So Applejack isn't working on the stall anymore... Scootaloo thought to herself. Her eyes then caught her friends' flank. Instead of a regular bare one, it was filled with a design. A red apple with a paintbrush on top, supposedly being painted green. She sighed in disappointment.
"Hm? What's wrong Scoots?" Apple Bloom asked.
"Ah...it's just..um"
"Spit it out!"
"I'm still a blank flank!" she squealed. The earth pony smiled sympathetically at her friend.
"But there's nothing to be afraid of, Scoots" she reassured. "'It means your special. It means you could be anything. You could be a great doctor. Or a scientist. Maybe even mayor of Ponyville someday. And you have all the time in the world to find your destiny'" she quoted. The memories of Scootaloo's first moments as the Cutie Mark Crusaders washed into her mind. She giggled.
"Thanks, Apple Bloom." She turned around "Now i know just who to turn to!" her wings fluttered as she started to trot.
"BYE, SCOOTS!" Apple Bloom shouted as she waved goodbye. Scootaloo kept trotting further and further until she reached a familiar cloud house.
"Rainbow Dash?" she called. A rainbow maned pegasus' head popped out from over a cloud. The rainbow was now dull, but her face was striving with life.
"Squirt? Oh! Scootaloo! What's up?" she asked, leaning casually on the edge of the cloud.
"I need your help with something"
"This is...?"
"Flying" Rainbow Dash descended from the cloud, gently landing on the ground. "You're the best flier i know, Dash. And you're my hero. Could you please teach me to be...less useless?" The cyan pegasus' wings puffed out and began to flutter, whipping up a powerful wind before lifting off. She flew around in circles, immidiately leaving a rainbow around the pegasi. She finished, with her rainbow bursting into sparkles.
"I'd love to" she laughed, watching Scootaloo gaze at the sparkles in awe.