• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 278 Views, 3 Comments

Inspiration - Creative



My name is Inspiration and I was born in this world with the destiny of being able to turn my inspiration from the world around me into a creative form, but the question is...in what form?

  • ...
 3
 278

Chapter I: The Night Sky

Chapter I:

Tonight was different from every other night I looked upon the moon soul searching. I noticed something different in the moon, something brighter and joyous. This time when I looked upon the moon I was filled with inspiration. I could feel the need to express the creativity flowing throughout my soul. I could see the artistic attributes of the night sky and knew that I wanted create something with those attributes.

"Mama! Mama! I have something to show you!" I said with great delight.

"What is it dear?" my mother responded.
“I got my cutie mark!”

“Well that’s fantastic! So my dear for whatever reason did you get your cutie mark?”

“It’s because of something I made, come to my room and I’ll show you.”

We trotted up the stair and entered my room to find a canvas resting on an easel standing on the balcony just outside the glass doors behind my room. There stood my first artwork, a painting of the night sky. I admired my art work, but for some reason it felt like it wasn’t enough. I tried to paint all sorts of scenery to fill my creative needs.


A couple months passed and I made many paintings of scenery from around Canterlot. Eventually my mother enrolled me into Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns to develop my artistic skills. A mere week later I was moving to the school. I arrived at the school’s front entrance, and stared at the gate almost ready to create another painting of the school scenery.“What a beautiful sight…”
I made my way to my room to unpack my belongings. After arranging my room the way I wanted I grabbed a blank canvas, my easel, and my paints and went back to the entrance. I stayed at the entrance painting until the sun started setting and the painting was complete. A unicorn mare came up behind me and said, “Hey little filly, it’s getting dark so you should…oh my what lovely painting you have there. I am assuming from you talent you must be enrolled in this school correct?”

“Yes ma’am, I just moved into my dorm today.” As I turn to look behind me.

“Well little filly what might your name be, I am the professor of art history and you may be in my class.” She is pulling out a clipboard with a list of students she is teaching.

“My name is Inspiration pleasure to meet you.” I pack up my painting equipment.

“You have some great manners; I presume you’re from Canterlot?”

“Yes ma’am.” I nod my head.

“Well Miss Inspiration you are indeed attending my class. Do you know what your schedule is for classes?”

“Yes I received my schedule by mail a week ago.”

“Well then you have everything handled from here Miss Inspiration. I will see you in class at 11 a.m. tomorrow.”

“Good bye Miss…?”

“My name is Miss Artistry.”

“Good bye Miss Artistry.”


The next morning I woke up and proceeded to Miss Artistry’s class for Art History. I found my seat greeted my teacher and waited for class to begin. The class started and Miss Artistry came to the front of the class and started to speak. “Good morning students today you get to begin your lessons with the honor of a special guest. May I introduce the honorable sister of Princess Celestia, Princess Luna!”

Princess Luna walked through the class room doors and began to speak. “Good morning my students and loyal subjects, it is I princess of the night who will be teaching you for the next couple of days as an introduction into artistic history. Who suits the job better than a master of art who has existed long enough to meet and train many other artists throughout equestrian history?”

My eyes widened in amazement. I was so stunned that I was the only one in the class not bowing my head. Princess Luna looked around the room and then locked with mine then closed her eyes and began to speak. “Raise you heads little ones for I am not sure how well I can teach you if you won’t even be staring at the chalk board while I write?” About 2 hours passed as Luna talked about artists she knew like Vincent Vanhoof. When class ended the students made their way out of the room to proceed to their next class, but I was stopped by Princess Luna and she began to talk to me. “Little one may I have a word? I heard from Miss Artistry you have a deep natural talent with painting.” I stood there speechless. I was unable to speak because I was being spoken to by Princess Luna. She continued to speak, “So little one if you wouldn’t mind taking me to show me your work?” I could only nod a yes.

We walked to my dorm room where I had numerous paintings hanging on the wall. Princess Luna looked around, but one painting caught her eye. Her attention was drawn to my very first painting, the painting of her night sky. She began to speak, “What a beautiful painting miss Inspiration, tell me when did you paint this?”

“The same night the moon began to look pure white.” I said nervously.

Luna froze and asked a single question. “Was this the same night you had discovered your talent young one?”

“Yes my Princess.”

“Well it would appear that I may have had something to do with your finding of talent. Maybe your talent is derived from mine, fate as it would seem.” She turned towards me and opened her mouth. “Young one I was sent to my sister’s school to search for somepony who would reflect my true self and I think I found that somepony. Would you accept my offer in becoming my personal student?”

I stood there silent for what felt like hours trying to decide what to do, I felt nervous from a sudden offer by somepony like Princess Luna. I felt like it was destiny. I felt like following under Princess Luna’s wing I can discover my full abilities. I began to speak slowly, “Yes, Princess Luna, it would be an honor to be taught by someone such as yourself.”

My life was beginning to take its turn onto the path of self-realization.

Author's Note:

This story is being re-written due to failures in the story based on structure and detail.