• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 755 Views, 13 Comments

When Ponies Cry - AkemiTheSunbro



Rika is once again reborn, but this isn't the same Hinamizawa that she knows. In fact, it is a totally different town, in a totally different world.

  • ...
7
 13
 755

Facing Luna

If we end up soaked with blood again...

We all recognized that voice. We froze as we knew who it belonged to. Pinkie was the first to speak out. And she exploded. "WHY DID YOU MAKE ME WANT TO KILL DASHIE?!? EVEN WORSE, YOU MADE ME WANT TO USE HER AS A TASTY TREAT!"

"What? Me? Never!" Luna's voice seeped with sarcasm. "Heh, foolish earth pony. So you've figured out that Nightmare Moon isn't really gone. In fact, she never left!"

Pinkie and Rainbow gasped. But this didn't surprise me. I had it figured out from the beginning. Luna, or Nightmare Moon I should say, continued to monologue. "I was imprisoned for one thousand years by my dear sister, Celestia. Now, because of my imprisonment, I have grown stronger while she has grown weak! You may have thought the Elements of Harmony freed Luna, but it only hampered when I could show myself. But that trait is now gone! No longer am I Princess Luna! I am now fully Nightmare Moon! Such a shame, Twilight Sparkle, you had so much magic potential. I must admit, I was rather jealous when my sister wanted you to advance in your studies. You could still join me... Ah, but you wouldn't have even considered it, would you? No matter. I shall take over Equestria, and there is nothing you can do to stop me! BWAHAHAHAHA!"

Nightmare Moon began to cackle loudly. I did not wish to kill Luna before because these ponies revered her, but knowing what I do now, that reason was thrown out the window and destroyed. And she's right. I would never join her. I drew my kitchen knife and spoke, "That's it. I've heard enough."

"Oh Twilight Sparkle," She spoke, "You don't have the gall!"

I smiled. "That may be true. But... I am not Twilight Sparkle." Then, I shouted, "I AM RIKA FURUDE, OF THE FURUDE FAMILY!" I charged at her with my knife. The next couple of seconds flowed so fast. The next thing I remember, my knife was plunged deep into Nightmare Moon's chest... and then... I notice... her horn had pierced my shoulder...

"RIKA!" Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash shouted in unison. It... sounded very muffled. I looked around in a daze. I could see the distraught expressions on Pinkie's and Rainbow's face. I also saw the the life leave Nightmare Moon's eyes as the rain poured down around us...

And then, there was a bright, white flash.........