• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 301 Views, 2 Comments

Records are Vinyl - Glimmering Knight



Vinyl Scratch discovers someone she believes may be her sister, and they start on a journey to find out if it's true.

  • ...
 2
 301

Chapter 2: Meant to be Sisters

Ponyville was still barely in sight, when the real challenge began. They had forgotten that on the way there, they would have to cross a shaky old bridge to get to the other side of the Manes River.

"Hey Vinyl, that old bridge looks pretty sketchy..." Record pointed out.

"Well no duh, it's made out of crappy old rope and logs from about 100 years ago. You seriously expected it to be safe?" snapped Vinyl.

"Well I'm not crossing that rope deathtrap" Record firmly stated as she crossed her hooves.

"Oh yes you are weather you like it or not! You wanted this journey with me, and I intend to finish it with you!"

"That means a lot, but I'm still not crossing that... thing."

"What if I helped you get across? You won't even have to touch it."

"Alright but I don't see how you can get me..."

She was stopped as Vinyl suddenly ran up behind her, jumped up high in the air, did a full 180° turn, and bucked her right in the center of the rump!

"AAAAAAH" Record screamed as she flew threw through the air across the river.

Coincidentally, she landed on all four hooves, without a scratch (except for that bruise Vinyl just gave her). Soon join her was the brave Vinyl Scratch as she crossed the bridge, which actually turned out to be very strong.

"I was going to cross you know..." Record told her.

"That's a lie... but it doesn't matter, we made it to the other side unscathed," thanked Vinyl.

"That's true, and let's continue on so we can get there quicker!"

"Agreed, but you know what I entirely forgot..."

"I could've used my horn to get us across the whole time!"

"Wow... and wait a second! Couldn't you have used it in the beginning to help us trace our ancestry?"

"Not exactly... I don't have that kind of power. The only reason Twilight does is because she practices and learns a new one every day. And if we're sisters, then where's your horn?"

"It got removed because of a flying chariot accident a while back... it came between my horn and my life, so of coarse I chose my life.

"I agree, and I'm sorry to hear that."

"Oh, it's ok, I don't miss it much. Let's just go on."

"Let's!"

So they continued on through the forest just outside Ponyville. The forest was so thick, you couldn't even see the sky through the vast green canopy. It was incredibly easy to get lost... Good thing they didn't!

"Looks like we finally made it out of there!" exclaimed a grateful Vinyl.

"Yea! Too bad it took a full four hours..." responded Record.

"Really? It felt like more. How much ground did we cover?"

"We're just over halfway there!"

"Halfway to the Hall of Fame hopefully!"

"Nope, sorry to crush your hopes and dreams, but we're just over halfway to the 20,000 foot mountain that the Hall of Fame sits atop."

"Ugh why did I even ask..."

"I don't know, why DID you ask?"

"Because... Whatever, quit being snappy and let's keep going..."

And so they drudged onward through the next terrain: the endless valley. Believe it or not, the endless valley does end. It is only named that because it slowly decreases in elevation and then raises back up and it causes a fog. The explorer who discovered the area thought it was endless because they couldn't see through the thick fog.

"Looks like we have to go through." Vinyl stated.

"I guess so. I just wished it was named something a bit more... hopeful." said Record.

"Yea, the endless valley sounds like a drag. Oh well, it can't be more than 20 miles long. You DID say that the mountain is 50 miles from Ponyville, and we're over halfway there!"

"No way... I definitely couldn't figure that out for myself Einstein!"

"Quit nagging about my sarcasm! I'm trying to brighten the mood!"

"Oh just shut up and accept my apology hug!"

So the two friends, possible sisters, embraced and faced the newest obstacle. They put one hoof in front of the other, and accepted that they had to get through this valley to find out the truth.

Two additional hours past of hiking through the valley, and darkness was starting to overtake the bright and sunny sky.

"It sure looks like Luna is giving us a dark night tonight!" exclaimed Record.

"Yeah, it is getting pretty dark out here," Vinyl replied.

"Maybe we should set up camp and start a fire?"

"Did you bring the tents and flint?"

"No, I thought you would have them!"

"Well then, we won't have a nice warm fire and tents tonight!"

"Well Celestia dangit Vinyl! This journey is nothing but trouble!"

"Yeah, well you got to do what you got to do in order to get what you want!"

"The words of the wise Vinyl Scratch!"

They both giggled at that joke.

"Indeed! The prophecy is foretold!" joked Vinyl.

They laughed again, a bit harder this time.

"Well, I'm too tired to move another inch," complained Record.

"Me too," Vinyl agreed.

"Let's just huddle together, it's a little chilly for a spring night out here."

"Let's!"

So as the two possible sisters huddled together and bedded down in the tall grass, the slipped away into the dream land, where they found their answer, and it was exactly what they wanted to hear. Too bad that was just a dream, but you never know what might happen. Dreams can always come true...

Author's Note:

Another funny chapter in the story of Vinyl and her possible sister. Another chapter will be coming soon!