• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 593 Views, 18 Comments

United Nations of Pegasi - Scourgeous



Prequel of Be Forgotten For Your Differences or Have Your Differences Forgotton.

  • ...
1
 18
 593

The Sign

The cold sharp air tugged at every loose part on Derpy. She tucked her legs in as tight as she could as she plummeted. She fell so fast there was no chance to hear the exclaims of her friends back up at the top. She was spiraling for the dark bottom, and there was no way she could come back up.

The faster she fell, the more pressure built up against her face and body, pressing her eyelids and her lips back. She slowly pushed her front legs out to point forward, opening her mouth slightly to accept the wild air throwing back against her, as if it was trying to get her to go back. But Derpy had no wings to rely on, she just had to keep falling.

Suddenly, there was a rush of wind, strong enough to send Derpy backwards, then freefalling forwards again, her control of the fall lost. She let out a strangled scream as she thrashed her legs in the open air, and felt as if she was falling faster than ever down the abyss.

There was an explosion, louder than anything she'd ever heard before, and a wide disk of light rose up from the darkness and battled her with a gale of colors that changed rapidly. Something hit her at speed, knocking the wind right out of her. Suddenly, she was being lifted right up again at a speed that pressed her flat at whatever was rising from the depths, a bright arch of colors streaming out behind them. It wasn't long before she saw the light of day, and was flying past Celestia and Trixie, who stared up, amazed, as she continued to be carried into the clouds.

"Derpy?" A voice exclaimed.

She looked down to see exactly what she had been hit by. Rainbow Dash! The blue Pegasus was carrying a rainbow right across Equestria- or what was left of Equestria, rather- pushing Derpy along with her strength.

"H-how are you here? Why? Your wings..." Derpy said, breathless, too choked with excitement to talk properly.

Rainbow Dash descended to the ground, ending the rainbow neatly and landing, Derpy sliding off her face and lying on the ground, panting with exhilaration. The white and blue shapes of Derpy's pals came rushing towards them. Dash bowed instantly to the Princess, then looked up and gaped.

"Princess Celestia! Where are your wings and horn?" She exclaimed.

Celestia sighed and lowered her head to Rainbow's level. "Discord has taken just about everyone's." She mumbled.

The wings that were perfectly in shape on Rainbow's back fluttered a little, then folded against her back. Derpy had never wished so much to be able to fly. She moaned and stared up at the sky, but her anger was wiped away as she stared straight up into the arching rainbow overhead.

"It's the sign..." She whispered, having a flashback of being back in the forest, with Luna. They had been crouching in the cool, eyes full of tears, hearts lost of hope. But they'd looked up through the trees and seen the faintest of rainbows, and Derpy had known from that moment that it was a sign of hope, that things would be right again. She was sure of it this time too, this rainbow was not just bringing hope, it was bringing harmony.

"Where are the other elements? The other ponies?" Derpy said, turning to face Rainbow Dash.

"Back down in that horrible place. None of us could fly or use magic to get out, so I Sonic Rainboomed my way out. But now I have to try and get them back, I wont move on without them."

Derpy nodded gently, staring across at the crack, still taunting to her. What would of happened if she hadn't been carried back up to the top, she didn't want to think. A shiver passed right through her spine, and she blinked gently at Trixie, who had remained quiet the whole time.

"We'll save everyone." She vowed, her eyes staring at Derpy.

The gray mare nodded back, then swept her gaze over Celestia and Rainbow Dash. "We need Rainbow Dash to help us cross the abyss. We can't save the others right now, not your friends, not Dinky, not Luna, until we defeat Discord."

"What if the crack closes up when, or if, we defeat Discord?" Trixie said slowly, imagining the five ponies still down there.

Derpy flicked her ears and slid her eyepatch back on where it had slipped away, blinking slowly. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Rainbow Dash stared at them hopelessly, but Derpy, Celestia, and Trixie set off at a varying pace, holding their heads high, eyes shining with courage. The blue pony was scared to the bone, but she hurried after them, knowing she was the only way for them to cross into Discord's land.

They followed the line until they reached a point where the abyss looked noticeably thinner, but nonetheless still taunting and impossible to jump. Rainbow shivered and stepped onto the edge. She spread her wings and beat them a few times until she was hovering. She lifted Trixie up, struggling to keep a grip on the mare, then she fluttered across gently with strong beats of her wings. She set Trixie down on the ground, and to Derpy's amazement, the moment the blue mare touched the ground, her horn flashed back into place.

Celestia's eyes widened. "He thought to stop us from having our powers on this side, but not on the side he is? Once I get over there, he'll be stone forever!" She vowed, thrashing her tail.

"Uh..." Rainbow flew back and landed beside Celestia and Derpy. "Princess... how am I going to lift you?"

The Princess of the sun chuckled lightly, to Rainbow Dash's relief. "Take Derpy over, and when she gets her wings, you can both help me. I'll be forever in your debt."

With a giggle, Rainbow carried Derpy easily over, and when her back gave a sudden flourish, and her pretty gray wings appeared again, flexing and fluttering gently, they both flew over and hoisted the larger mare over until she touched the ground and was returned to her Alicorn state.

Celestia bent her head to touch her horn very briefly to Rainbow Dash's head. "Thank you, loyal Pegasus. But there are many ponies in need of help. With Trixie and Derpy's aid, I will go straight to Discord to try and sort this out. I want you to go back to your friends and tell them that there is hope."

Rainbow looked a little disappointed, having hoped that she could of journeyed with the Princess and her two friends to defeat Discord. She sighed and nodded, daring not to disobey the Princess' words."Yes, Celestia."

Derpy brushed up against her gently and smiled. "Remember, this is for our friends."

A smile spread across Rainbow's face. "For Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy."

"For Dinky," Trixie said, blinking her friendly eyes.

"For Luna," Celestia smiled, looking over them proudly.

Derpy nodded, looking from one face to the other, then spreading her wings as much as she could. She pushed the eyepatch off and pulled right out from under her helmet, dropping it to the ground so she could slant both eyes and grin. "For Equestria!"