• Published 1st Feb 2012
  • 902 Views, 11 Comments

The New Generation - TheBlackPanda



A sequel to 'A Hero's Story', Brandon and his daughters fight an oncoming apocalypse, and Discord.

  • ...
6
 11
 902

Chapter 8: Return

Part 2: Beginning of a Generation, End of Heartache
____________________________________________

It's been three days. I got off the couch, and Kaitlin was feeding me rules.

"Brandon, you're going to be sent back there as a sixteen year old. You'll have your little boy hormones running again, so try not to have too much sex. Also, don't get killed. I don't want you giving up your destiny because you want to see me again, OK?"

I nodded, "Good. Remember, I'll always be with you, so don't feel alone, okay?" She said, as she kissed me on the cheek.

I looked out the window. The sun was rising. I got up, and she saw me to the door. I turned as I was about to walk out, and saw her wiping tears from her eyes. I walked over to her, lifted her chin, and kissed her. I put my arms around her, and she did the same to me. Breaking the kiss, I rested my head on her shoulder. I whispered in her ear, "It's gonna be fine. Don't worry about me. I'll keep you in my heart, and that'll make sure that we never part." I kissed her on the cheek, turned, and flew out the door.

Stopping me at the exit, was a tall man with wings. He asked me where I was going, and I just told him that I was allowed to exit, that it wasn't my time. He let me pass.

I flew down to Equestria, and landed in the Everfree forest.

---------------------------------------------------

I woke up, and felt something in my pocket. Pulling it out, it was a black blindfold. And there was a note attached that told me to keep myself hidden until the right time. I wrapped the blindfold around my eyes and walked through the forest. I could tell that the blindfold wasn't normal, because I could see straight through it as if it were clear. Eventually, I found a poster telling that said to 'Join the new generation movement'. The hell's this? I thought to myself. I continued ahead and saw who was putting up those posters. It was a girl. She seemed about average height and had deep black hair. It was medium length. She wore a black hooded sweatshirt and tight blue jeans. On her feet were black and white high top shoes. She put up the poster she was holding and turned to see me walking toward her. "Oh, hi." Her voice was sweet and high. Now closer, I could see that she couldn't have been more than sixteen. She also had red eyes, and she smelled like honey.

"Hey, what're you doing?" I said.

"I'm putting these posters for the new generation movement up. Why?"

"What is the new generation? A club?"

She looked away, her face in thought, "You could say that. My uncle told me to start it. He said that I was destined to take after my daddy and be a leader of heroes. Even more than him."

"Can I join?"

She looked at me, "Really? You don't look like you'd do much..."

"Well, let's find out! What do you have in mind?"

She jumped back, "Pin me down for ten seconds."

"That's fine." I jumped back myself.

We stood in our positions for a while. Then she sped toward me. She flew and made to punch me. I caught it in my fist, stopping the sheer force and inertia that she had going on it. I looked at her, then threw her off. I flew at her, keeping tabs on her energy level, so she couldn't get out of my sight. She jumped out of the way, but I stopped myself before I hit a tree. She summoned a blade. It was a katana that radiated her energy, and now it was black. She swung the blade, which caused a wave of dark energy to fly toward me. I jumped into it, and rushed at her. I grabbed the side of the blade, yakned it out of her hand, and hit her with the flat of the blade. She stumbled backward. I jumped in the air and kicked downward, landing on her, and pinning her down. After ten seconds, I got up, breathing heavy.

"Well, that was actually pretty good!" She said.

I laughed, "Thanks. What's your name?"

She smiled, "My name's Night Runner. Yours?"

I kept a cool smile, though I was caught off guard. I had forgotten to think of a name. Quickly, I said, "Equinox. Call me Equinox."

She smiled, "Makes sense. Anyone with a blindfold on their eyes should be called something like that."

We shook hands, and then she took me to their clubhouse/HQ. There were two guys and two girls.

She looked at the first guy. He had a Caucasian skin tone and blond hair. He wore studio head phones, sunglasses, a hoodie, and blue jeans. "This is Super Sonic. He can manipulate sound waves at will, and travel at their speeds."

She pointed to the first girl. She had electric blue hair, and she wore a blue maid's outfit. She had on pink shoes that had a picture of lightning on them. "This is Thunder Storm. She can manipulate lightning and thunder, and cause storms that would have the bravest souls cower in fear."

The next guy had jet black hair. He wore a blood red hoodie, and black jeans. He seemed to radiate fear and hatred, which wasn't helping me get settled. "This is Mind Reign. He gets into your head and can do anything, from causing uneasiness, to destroying your conscious completely."

The last girl was sitting on the couch curled up, and she was shaking. From what I could make out, her hair was a radiant silver, and she was wearing a melody of vibrant colors. She gave off an aura of peace as well, even though she wasn't very peaceful at the moment. "This is Silence. She doesn't speak much. And her powers are very much there, except she won't tell us. She says they're 'awful, and nightmarish'."

Night Runner turned again to face me, "Dark Storm is the only one missing. He went out to talk to his dad."

I nodded. She showed me where I would stay, if I chose to. I thanked her and went outside. It was night, and the air was crisp and clear.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I heard Night Runner say.

I turned to see her standing next to me, staring at the sky, "My grandma always makes night beautiful... I love it so much..." I saw a tear fall from her eye, "But she hasn't been the same... Not since daddy died... I haven't heard from her in months..."

I turned to her, "It's alright, she'll pull through."

"How are you so sure?"

"Grandmas always do. They get over it and kick the family back into shape."

I looked in the sky to see a shooting star. Night Runner cried out, "A shooting star!" She folded her hands and closed her eyes.

When she opened them again, I asked, "What'd you wish for?"

She looked at me, "I can't tell you!" She closed her eyes and stuck her tongue out.

"Come on! Please?"

She looked off into the distance, "I wished... for something to come to put a smile on everyone's face... I can't take all the crying and wasted hopes. I cried every night for a year when my daddy died, hoping that he would come back and tuck me in or just kiss me goodnight... I took him for granted, and now he's gone..." She wiped tears from her eyes.

I looked at my daughter. Should I break the rules? She's been broken without me, even though I know Darkside's been doing something to help. She has to know. I took off my blindfold, and looked at her. "Look at me. Just for a little." I told her.

She looked into my eyes, "You look just like my daddy, except a little younger..."

I opened my arms just a little, "Come here, sweetie."

Her eyes went wide, "No way, how did you... " She dropped all attempt to speak and simply ran into my arms. I hugged her tight. When I let go, she looked in my eyes, "How did you get so young? I knew there was a different air about you, you seemed to stick out in my mind. Now I know why!" She laughed, albeit the fact that she was crying.

"Now listen, sweetie. You can't tell anyone, OK? I'll do that when I'm ready yet. I don't need a whole bunch of people chasing me." She nodded. "Good, now I need to talk to your uncle. There are things that I need to ask him. Go wash the tear marks off your cheeks, then go chill at the clubhouse for a little bit, okay?"

She nodded then went off to do so. Putting the blindfold back on, I walked to Fluttershy's house. Seeing that the lights were off, I knocked.

"Come in!" A deep voice called out.

I obliged, "Uh, hi. I'm a friend of Night Runner's and-"


"Like shit you're one of Night Runner's friends. How's it been Brandon."

"How could you tell?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"I still remember what you sounded like as a teen. Lucky you, you got to be one again. Back in your prime."

I laughed, "So, what happened while I was dead?"

He stood up, "You're gonna shit your pants, so we must relocate to an outside area."

We walked outside, far enough to where no one would hear us. He started, "When you died. I felt that drop in my heart. I teleported to the hospital, where Runner was frantic. I sent a letter to your mother and Rainbow Dash. We all stood awaiting the news. When the doctor stated you were dead, Runner and your mother were hysteric. Rainbow Dash freaked the fuck out. She started to run out, and Runner tried to follow. When Dash noticed, she pulled out the sidearm I gave her when she went to the Wonderbolts. She started screaming at the poor girl, like 'You demon' or something. Then she panicked and pulled the trigger, and it went straight through Runner's shoulder. Runner fell on the floor, curled up in a ball, and started screaming and crying. She was crying so much, her speech was incomprehensible. Me and Luna crowded around her, trying to help her. Scootaloo tried to walk to us to help, but Luna started screaming at her for 'not protecting her sister'. Scootaloo runs outta there. And at this point we're all fucked up."

I had tears in my eyes. He looked at me, "That's not the end of the story. A couple weeks later, we get a letter from the head of the Wonderbolts. Said that Dash killed herself. She took a fuck ton of anti-depressants and morphine. They said that she was depressed due to the 'way she acted in the hospital' and that she 'shouldn't have left her by herself'. Scootaloo's still in there though."

"I guess I have a lot of people to make it up to, huh?"

"Hell yeah, you do."