• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 619 Views, 26 Comments

Different Dimensions - MidnightInk97



There are more worlds than just Equestria... Somepony from one of those different worlds is transported to Equestria and her whole life is flipped upside down.

  • ...
2
 26
 619

Meanwhile, Back at Home...

"HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?!" Cerberius screamed at a cowering scientist he had backed up Into a corner. When the two test subjects had been tossed into the portal, it back fired and blew up. Now Cerberius was out for th blood of the pony who had caused it. He has had enough and now he didn't care who he slaughtered. If you were in his way, you were a dead pony. Cerberius held up the knife that was clenched in his teeth the silver blade making a small prism of colors in the light. He stepped closer until he was just a hair away from the scientist when he suddenly whipped his head sideways, ripping halfway through the pony's neck causing him to let out a gargled cry. His body soon went limp and collapsed to the floor in a heap. Two guards stood erect on either side of the door, silently watching the murder unfurl before them yet they kept a straight face. “Get rid of the body and please don’t make a mess when doing so.” Cerberius commanded almost in a bored tone as he wiped the crimson goo from his knife before placing it in its sheath that was strapped to his foreleg.

Galaxy paused the hologram and looked at her students. Horror-filled expressions were plastered to their faces. “Would anyone like to leave? I will not be offended or upset.” Galaxy asked feeling guilty. The ponies looked around at each other and slowly shook their heads. Galaxy nodded and continued the story.

“Where could she have possibly gone?” Midnight sobbed into Eclipse’s chest as he held her, stroking her messy mane. “I don’t know but I know our little girl. She wouldn’t just get up and run away.” Eclipse said to his wife.

It had been two days since Sapphira had gone missing and Eclipse had been out of town for the past week due to work. So naturally he didn't know about his daughter being gone until that afternoon when he arrived home. Midnight pulled from Eclipses grasp just far enough so she could see his face. “You’re right, but that still doesn’t alter the fact that our baby is missing.” She stated, a new wave of tears overcoming her.

“We will find her. But now we need to get some rest because searching all night with no sleep is not going to help us.” Ecplipse said as he started tugging his wife to their bedroom. Midnight didn’t say anything; she sniffed and followed the stallion with a whimper.

A knock came at the door. Eclipse sleepily opened his eyes half way and cringed at the sun that streamed into the room. Once his eyes had adjusted he glanced at the nightstand clock that read 7:56. Eclipse let his heavy head fall back down too the pillow for a second before nudging his wife with his muzzle and climbing out of bed. He slowly trudged towards the door as more rapid knocks echoed through the house. He opened the door to a frantic Coda who was hopping from one leg to another nervously.

Eclipse was about to say something when Midnight came up behind. "Oh Coda, please come in." She said, gently pushing her husband out of the way so the colt could pass. "Have you had any luck yet?" Midnight asked the blue colt expectantly. Star lowered his head, his mane covering his wet eyes.

Midnight choked back a wave of sobs. Eclipse, who was still by the door, spoke up. "Star is it?" He asked the young colt who was just a few inches shorter than Eclipse. The colt nodded looking at the stallion. "Were.. I mean, are you Sapphira's friend?" He asked. Coda nodded again. "Yes sir. I have been helping Mrs. Midnight look for her and my parents, who own the sweet shop in town have a few missing flyers posted around town." Coda explained solemnly. "I know that we just met two days ago but she was my first friend that I have had in a long time." He confessed with a couple tears escaping his green eyes.

Eclipse walked to Coda and put a hoof around his shoulder. "Thank you for looking out for her and being her friend." He said. "We will find her."