• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 488 Views, 31 Comments

A Journey - Bronythegreat



this is the story of an alicorn mare who wakes up from a strange dream, and has no idea who she is, where she is and what she is supposed to do. the only hing that she does know is that the series of dreams she is experiancing, are trying to lead her

  • ...
20
 31
 488

venit, vedit, exisse

Piper awoke with a groan, opening her eyes. They gave her their best impression of a blazing fire and she squeezed them shut again. She sat up slowly, daring to crack her eyes open again and pushed through the pain. She was in a light pink colored room, dotted with posters of mares, bows and arrows, and various knives and tools. There was a closet that was standing open, revealing an assortment of black and dark blue cloaks with a few white one mixed in, as well as what looked suspiciously like a chameleon suit. She realized that she was probably in Apollo’s room, in Apollo’s bed... the realization made her feel strange. She was in this guy’s bed! Who knows what’s happened in here. Piper slid out of the bed and walked carefully over to the door, pressing an ear against it. She could hear a sound that was like metal scraping on stone that sounded like it was coming from the left of her. She stepped out of the room, keeping a wing against the wall for balance. Her head still spun from the sewers, and she had no clue how they'd gotten out, and trying to recall how she'd gotten to her new surroundings was disorienting. Piper gasped; she stood on a balcony that overlooked a circular room that was constructed entirely out of bookcases. She had never in her entire life seen so many books in one place. Aside from the bookshelves, the room had a round table in the middle, a strange head carved of wood sat on it. The floor around the table was worn down, a two inch deep depression in the wood. She turned to where the sound was coming from, afraid of what she might find there. It was a brightly lit room, with sparks flying out of the door way, and metal pieces lying around the entrance. Piper walked down the steep, creaky steps and turned to see Apollo in what looked like a very advanced metal shop. He had a blacksmiths apron on, with welding goggles and thick dragon hide gloves. He was working intently on some form of knife, building and sharpening it. Once he felt satisfied, he pulled out a leather belt, which had about a dozen loops; each already filled by a knife, and stuck the knife he had been working on into remaining loop. He yawned tiredly and sighed, sitting down on a wooden chair to rest. Piper stepped into the room fully, now revealing herself to him.

“Good morning Apollo” she said sleepily.

“Morning?” he asked, "It’s three in the afternoon, but you've been asleep, so I can see how you would think that”

“How long was I out?” Piper asked suspiciously.

“About sixteen hours, nothing too major.” He told her.

“Well, that’s um ok, I guess. What are you making” she asked curiously.

“New equipment.” he said “Here, let me show you.” he proceeded to lead her back up to the room with the round table. When he got there, he just looked at her and snorted slightly at her confused face. He then gestured to the wooden head, and pressed the left eye in. With a faint click, a small door opened up to Pipers left, a slight wind blowing through it. Apollo motioned to her to go down the steps that lead from the door. Piper hesitated, but started down the steps regardless. Apollo followed, lighting the way with his magic, which filled the room with a soft purple glow. After about ninety steps or so, she found herself in a large rectangular room. The room was lined with shelving, but instead of books, like the circular room upstairs, these shelves were filled with weapons. All around her were different variations of bows, arrows, swords, knifes, and armors. She even saw what looked to be dynamite.

“Pretty cool right” asked Apollo.

“Yeah, you could say that” she said, mouth gaping. "What is this place?"

“This is the Golden Oaks library in Ponyville. Well, it's the libraries secret basement. This is where all my stuff comes from.” He said, running a hoof over a short sword.

“Damn,” she said “you have a lot of time on your hooves." She walked over to a chest piece that was dented, yet very reflective. It acted as a mirror, and Piper took a good long look at herself. She was a candy pink alicorn mare, her mane and tail were a candy cane swirl of colors; pink, light pink and light red. Her feathers were a tie-dye pattern of pink and white, mixing delicately with each other and turning solid pink at the tips. Her eyes were dark purple flecked with blue, and her horn was long and shared her manes color scheme with more intensity. She thought her cutie mark looked strange, a heart shaped shield with two weapons crossed over it. The left was a unicorn horn sword, and the right was a battle axe with a stylized wing shaped blade.

“I have something for you” he said. “Uno memento” he called to her from a room, in a very botched manexican accent. He came back, holding a leather case. He unzipped said case, and inside was a dagger, shaped exactly like her horn-sword, only scaled down.

“It’s made of a single sea monster scale, which I found lying around in my aunt Rarity’s attic. She told me it was from the Everfree forest. Hopefully, you won’t need to use it, but seeing as the changelings seem to really like you, I figured you should at least have some level of protection” he told her, as he slip the beautiful, razor sharp purple knife into a dragon hide sheathe. “Hard as diamonds, he continued, but light as air.” He gestured for her to take it. She did, and he was right, it was far lighter than it looked to be. She set it down on the table, and smiled at him.

“It means war and peace, if you were wondering” Apollo said, pointing at her cutie mark. “I looked it up in one of the thousands of books upstairs. I um... kinda saw it when I was carrying you to the bedroom.” he said, his face darkening several shades to rival his aura. Piper looked at him, wondering why this would embarrass him, then remembered that she had been wearing a gown in the sewers. She laughed at the stallion’s embarrassment, and then took a good, long look at him. It was the first time she had gotten to see him in full light without some form of cloak obscuring his features. He was a midnight blue, with the occasional black hair catching her attention. His coat looked to rival Luna's in darkness. He was strong, built like a work stallion, and tall for a pony. He stood three or so inches taller than Piper. He had starry blue eyes that shimmered in the light; His mane and tail were a few shades lighter than his coat. Without his cloak, he was actually quite handsome. His cutie mark was a flaming bow firing a golden arrow. While she was staring at him with wide eyes, he walked over to her.

“Are you alright?” he asked “You seem a bit… distracted.” He looked her in the eyes, a small frown forming on his face. He looked worried. Why did that make her feel guilty?

“Oh, no, I’m fine.” answered Piper quickly. This was a lie though, she was defiantly not fine. She was in a house with a stallion she had just met, having recently escaped a warzone, and she had no idea who she was, where she was from or really anything along those lines. “It just sucks not knowing who you are. This is all so weird, not knowing.” She admitted.

“I think I may have a solution to that.” Apollo said, a purple aura enveloping his horn. “Be very, very still. I’m not as good as my mom at this, but I think I can cast a simple memory spell. Let’s take a look.” “ this is going to hurt” he thought “but this might be her, and theres only one way to find out.” He walked over to her, and touched his horn to hers. His face quickly got red again. Touching horns was considered to be a fairly intimate act, but it had to be done. He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. She stared at him for a few seconds, seeing his pupils moving around under his eyelids. Suddenly, there was a small purple spark, and Apollo was sent flying across the room into a weapon rack. He lay stunned, breathing heavily.

“What happened? Am I dead? Is this hell?” he mumbled looking around. A quick smack to the side of his head snapped him out of his stupor. “That was so weird. It was like being in a third person view, but I couldn’t see myself." “He then turned to look at Piper ”Oh. My. Celestia.” He said, eyes wide. Then his eyes rolled backward into his head, and he was gone.

Author's Note:

hey guys...new chapter!! sorry it took me so long, i'v had alot on my plate recently. for anyone who actually LIKES this fic and wants a picture of apollo and piper, its on its way. i have a great artist working on it as i type. thanks to anyone who likes this fic, and I promiss, more on the way. also, for anyone who dosent speak latin, (most of you) the phrase "venit, vedit, exisse" means: he came, he saw, he exploded. the original "veni, vedi, vichi" is a quote from julius ceaser. thanks again for reading, and be sure to hit that "like" button on right now as you read this. longer chapters are coming, im just establishing the storys base right now. also, doing a survey for anyone who cares. should I incorperate a gryphone character? tell me in the comments. sorry for the long authors note, im out.
~bronythegreat