• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 405 Views, 1 Comments

Through A Dream, Darkly - The Amazing Horse Man



A beautiful dreams cape Candy Land, so much fun right? Wrong.

  • ...
 1
 405

Into the Nightmare

***

"Okay, okay" muttered the Pink Party Pony, "Eye of a Newt... Check! Cinnamon... Check! Provolone... Check! Okay, time to pour this mixture into my mold and let my best dream ever begin!

***

"Hey Rainbow Dash!" Yelled out the befuddled Twilight.

"Yes Twilight?" Responded the Cyan mare.

"Have you seen Pinkie anywhere, I haven't seen her for two days... She never forgets to see her friends. Even if she is sick, she would still send Gummie to see us and to tell she's sick."

"I haven't seen her either, should we check Sugar Cube Corner? She may be there baking something and lost track of time."

"Let's hope she's there"

***

The mares searched the whole house, except for Pinkie's room, and asked the Cakes if they knew.

"Lats we saw of her was that she was mixing an odd brew and pouring it into a diamond shaped mold, then said
something about a dream. She is a strange one, eh dear?" Said the male Cake.

"Eeyup" Said his wive, mimicking a stallion we all know and love.

So, the two trotted into Pinkie's room to find her out cold, and with an odd necklace on her neck.

"You think this necklace thing is causing her to be out cold like this?" Questioned Rainbow, hoping her question to be fact.

"Only one way to find out" Replied the Lavender Element.

Though, no matter how hard the pulled tugged or snagged, they couldn't get the cursed thing off. They then tried to wake up the slumbering Party Pony, but to no prevail once again.

"Rainbow, get all the girls to meet back here in an hour, I know one being in Equestria that can help us."

"And who would that savior be?" Asked the Dash.

"Discord"

***

As soon as the letter was written by Twilight, and sent by Spike to the Royal Celestia herself, the odd looking mammal appeared before the two spooked denizens of the Library.

"You called?" Asked the God of Choas, completely ignoring the two hosts current position.

Once the room was clear of the sounds of worried panting and hooves and claws were removed from the chests of pony and dragon, Twilight began:

"Our friend Pinkie..."

"Yes I'm quite aware of your predicament, and your poor poor friend being all asleep, but I assure you, everything's fine. Here have a nice juicy lamb-chop." The odd god reassured slipping a freshly cooked, and perfectly spiced lamb-chop into the mare's mouth, which held a dumbfounded look as she chewed slowly on the tender cooked meat.

After all meat was swallowed, and stupid expressions wiped from faces, the mare began again:

"No you don't see, she was wearing a weird necklace of some sort-" The god was paying no attention of the words coming out of her mouth until he heard "Weird Necklace"

"Wait Wait Wait, Hold Up, did you say 'Necklace?'"

"Yup" Responded the mare, glad they were finally getting somewhere.

"Was is an aqua-blueish"

A nod.

"Heptagon shaped?"

Another nod.

"Did it not come off mo matter how hard you tried?"

Another Nod.

"Oh no..." He trailed off, "I knew that mare was crazy but not that crazy."

"What? What'd she do?"

"She made the Dreamworld Amulet, I thought that type of enchantment was gone years ago. We need to get her out. Now." The foolish god, now deadly stiff, this was not a good sign at all. "We need to get to her right now!"

So as they needed to, the left right for Sugar Cube Corner, getting some odd looks from the citizens, since there was the god of Discord, as the name employs, running down the main street of Ponyville. Once they finally got to the sweets store, they sprinted into Pinkies room, meeting the other elements, slightly confused by the whole situation.

"Okay, what the hay is goin' on Discord?" Asked AJ.

"Okay, so your friend performed a very dangerous type of enchantment, that I may or may not have invented, that causes a constant lucid dream, only if an an outside force gets inside her dream and tells her to wake up, can she be awoken. Make haste." Said the draconequus, deadly serious.

"This is nice and all darling, but how does this affect us?" Asked the beautiful Rarity.

"As I said, I may or may not have invented this enchantment, so I just need to cast a simple spell, and you all need to ly on the floor, as long as you are as close to her as possible, Just be careful. Whatever happens to you in that dream, happens to you in real life. No redos, do not pass go, no green mushrooms, it's do-or-die. And remember, everthing, besides Pinkie herself, is not real, and will act as the mare wants her to."

"Can't Luna just be able to fix this herself" Asked a light voice from behind everypony.

"Fluttershy, my sweet, I wish it was that easy, but this is far beyond her domain."

"How so?" Asked Rainbow.

"She deals with the natural sleep, and the dreams derived from your deep, inner psyche, not ones derived from this specific enchantment, the creator of it made sure of that." Clearly beating himself up over what he did. "Just hurry, the more time you waste, the less likely this pony," he gestured to Pinky, "will make it out. Now just get to nice, comfortable sleeping position on the floor, don't want any cricks in your back. And just close your eyes, and I will do the rest.

So, all mares obliged, and lied down on the floor, waiting for the unnatural sleep to take them, which eventually did to all of them.

***

Finally, the mare stared to drowsily wake up, each thinking of "such a crazy dream from last night" until they wiped the sleep from their eyes, and took in the surrounding area of a pristine Candy landscape.