• Published 1st Mar 2013
  • 710 Views, 13 Comments

Friendship is the end. - MegaMonsterPony



Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and a few others must rid ponyville of the most recent problem, Zomponies.

  • ...
33
 13
 710

The queen

There was an intense ringing in my ears as the fuzzy world began to appear around me, spinning out of control as a colorful pink splotch appeared in my face. It was moving about, shouting something, I could not hear what it was saying. The intense ringing in my ears was overpowering, until eventually the ringing quieted down.
"Get up! Unless you want to die here!" Pinkie was yelling repeatedly in my face.
"Help..." I gasped trying to catch my breath. Her face lit up with delight and she held her hoof out to me.
"You alright?" She asked pulling me up off the ground.
"What happened? I can't remember the last twenty minutes." I said taking her hoof and getting back to my feet.
"Well you blew vinyl up, then you got flung into the tree, and I have been protecting your body." She was cheerful and I don't know whether it was from me being alive, or if she had just gone back to being her old self again.
"I've been working with trees all my life, runnin into one aint gonna kill me!" I said looking around at the trees that were slowly burning despite the heavy rain that was still pouring down on us.
"Well, its time to say goodbye to them because we need to split like a banana." She said gathering some of the ammunition and weapons that were scattered around. I began to scoop some up too, then I dumped them into my saddle bag. I was now fully loaded carrying two sub-machine guns, the ppsh41, another heavy machine gun that I didn't know the name of, and a double barrel shotgun.
"Alright I guess that's it and we oughtta get goin." I say casting a sad glance over my shoulder at the smoking rubble.
"Not yet we don't know if it has gone airborne, you're gonna need one of these just in case." She said holding a black mask, with NO.42, written in a dull yellow on the back. I pulled the dusty antique onto my head, tightening the chin strap until the only air getting inside was coming from the two large filters that were on both sides of my mouth.
"What do we do now?" I asked as we began to walk through the rain towards town.
"I learned that occasionally rainbowdash, the queen of the zomponies, will do a sonic rainboom resurrecting all the fallen, undead warriors for an everlasting party!" I stared at her blankly as she walked through the rain.
"And that means what?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"I think if we kill her, our jobs of saving whats left of equestria will be a lot easier." She continued with her gun held high, anticipating any attack.
"So I noticed you had some beef with rainbow dash, what was that all about?" I asked over the roar of the rain.
"She was always mean to me, you never saw but she would beat me to an inch of my life. I would hide for days or weeks while the cuts and bruises healed, that's why you didn't see me at all during February, she would break my fingers on a regular basis, she said that if I ever told anyone she would kill me, which is why I killed her. It was just supposed to kill her violently but it mutated her to this and ruined everything. It was quite interesting how her body reacted to the virus." Pinkie said her expression changing when she told me about the beatings. Her face becoming one of terror when she told me about what rainbow did, and seeming to become one of interest when she got to the part about the virus.
"Well, what is it that you are talking about?" I asked concern falling onto my face. I knew that rainbowdash could be a bit of a bully but I had no idea it had gone so far out of control. I convinced myself that she had done the right thing, although I didn't know if I would would have done the same thing but I didn't judge her.
"It was a highly unstable chemical that someone I know from the science lab, up in canterlot, gave me. It was part of the project they were working on, it was called... Bio war which was short for biological warfare." she explained looking me in the eyes.
"You do realize what you just said, right? It was a 'highly unstable' chemical, meaning no one knows what is going to happen when it's used." I said not understanding her logic at the momoent.
"It was unstable but it was just supposed to bring on a high fever. That's what happened with all of the other test subjects." she said thinking hard to remember something.
"Wait this was tested on other ponies!" I shouted in a whisper careful so no zomponies would hear me.
"This was tested on prisoners who had committed treason, they were going to die anyway it was better to use them for science." She said which made me feel a little better, although it still horrified me that this had been tested on ponies.
"Okay where do you think rainbowdash would have gone." I asked scanning through the rain for the sky blue pony.
"Well in ghost lore spirits will haunt the spot they died in." She said smiling because she was proud of herself.
"Have you been hanging out with twilight?" I asked giggling to myself.
"Yes, but that's beside the point, do you have any idea where she died at?" she asked after giggling a little to loudly.
"Well that would be the farm and she wasn't there, so where would she be?" I asked trying not to slow down.
"She could be at sugarcube corner, or at fluttershy's place." She said slowing down to a walk.
"Well lets go check fluttershy's hut first, I have a strange feeling that is where she'll be." I said leaving out the thought that she might have an army with her. I fell into my usual long distance running pace and continued side by side with pinkie until we approached the large tree house. Pinkie put her hoof out in front of my face to single to stop, then she pointed towards the top of the tree. Rainbow dash was standing on the very top, with an army of undead huddling around the base of the tree.
"We should try and kill rainbow dash from a distance, then I will burn the ones at the bottom." She said producing a small rocket launcher and a small flame thrower. Instead of saying anything I pulled out my ppsh41 and cocked the gun which set the firing pin into place. She nodded and aimed the collapsible rocket launcher at the pony sitting atop the tree and pressed the button to launch the rocket at her.