• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 1,163 Views, 19 Comments

The Fabulous Wonderbolts Part 2&3 - Primary213



With an ancient villan rising, and hope dimming for Equestria, Soarin is left to find the very thing that could save all of Equestria, but can can he get away from a mental block that has made his whole view on his life change?

  • ...
0
 19
 1,163

Part 3 ch.2: Rising suspicions

I had arranged to meet with my mother for some tea at a small restaurant at Cloudsdale. I lived right near it so I didn't have to rush to make it there. I was still helping Rainbow Dash get set up in my house. We were both excited that she lived with me now. While I waited before I go meet my mother, I was talking with Rainbow. When the time came to meet my mother, I left my house and arrived at the restaurant before my mother had. I sat down and waited for her to come. She arrived on her chariot with two of her royal guards who flew her to the restaurant.

"Soarin! There you are. Sorry I was late son, I had to talk with my sister about some minor laws she wants to pass in Equestria." Luna said to me. I smiled and waited for her to come to the table. We both hugged and sat down. "Now what was it you needed Soarin?" She asked me. I looked down and sighed.

"Luna, I need to know. Do you not like the Solar Alliance Celestia had created?" I asked her. Her facial expression was serious right away.

"Well, I mean she could have at least told me she was making this new alliance. Personally I believe this will only lead to more conflict." She replied. She was hinting that she did not like it, I could tell. "I mean why make a new alliance? We were doing well before this." Luna said. She had a type of aggressive tone when she said this.

"Luna, you can stop with the excuses. I am your son, you can tell me something that you aren't telling me." I told her. Her ears went down and she looked a little sad.

"Soarin, my sister is becoming possessive again. She is giving me no say in the kingdom. She named it the Solar Alliance. The least she could've done was ask me if I or we liked the name. She told me we would rule Equestria together, but instead, she just does things without my say at all." She responded. She looked very sad. I looked at her and reached over the table and grabbed her hooves with mine.

"If you feel left out, just tell her something. There is no need to go to a pony like Chrysalis for help." She looked back at me with an angry face. She got up off the table and stare at me.

"The time for words with her is over! I must do what I can to regain my say in this kingdom!" She told me. She stomped her hoof on the floor and left. I looked down in disappointment and couldn't believe what I had heard. My mother was betraying me, her own son. I knew I had nothing else to do, but to tell Celestia that she is unreliable in the alliance. I slowly got up off my seat and walked home in sadness.

That next morning I headed straight for Canterlot to tell Celestia about Luna and what she was going to do. I had a conflict within myself to not do this, but I had to. I felt that I had to let her know that Luna was endangering the whole Solar Alliance, but I couldn't didn't want to do something like this to my mother. I care about her immensely and I would never let Celestia punish my mother.

"Dammit! I don't know what to do! I want to help Celestia by letting her know that she was right, but then again, I don't want to hurt my mother in any way." I said to myself. I stopped outside if the castle and kept thinking about it. I forced myself to do what is best for the Alliance, not for myself personally. I took a deep breath before entering the castle. My heart was pounding and I felt a sense of guilt, but this had to be done. I opened the doors and walked through the castle to the main room where Celestia sat, alone. I bowed to her and raised back up.

"Yes Soarin, what is it you need?" She asked. I swallowed the feeling of guilt and took off my helmet.

"Celestia, what you said about my mother......is right. She is obviously doing something with Chrysalis. Now what it is, I don't know, but all I do know is that the way she replied to some of my questions was, odd and she definitely doesn't like the whole Solar Alliance idea." I said to Celestia. She was saddened by this information, and so was I for even saying this to her.

"Thank you Soarin. I know what you did wasn't easy, but you did what was best for the Alliance and Equestria, and I thank you for that. Now that I know this, I am calling an immediate meeting with the other ponies and you Soarin. I need to take care of this problem quickly." She said. I just looked down at my helmet and felt very sad inside. I didn't know how I could do that to my mother. But she caused this to happen to herself. I didn't even know what Celestia was going to do to her. Celestia walked out of the room and was trying to contact Shining Aromor. I just walked past her and went inside that situation room. It was deathly quiet in the room. I could hear hooves outside of the room, but I was just quietly waiting on what was going to happen. One of the doors opened and Shining Armor walked in followed by Princess Luna, and Celestia. They were all quiet when they came in. Celestia closed the door behind her and sat down at the head of the table.

"What is the meaning of this meeting, Princess?" Shining Armor asked.

"The reason I called you all here is because it has come to my attention that somepony isn't satisfied with what this alliance is trying to accomplish." Celestia said. At that moment, Luna gave Celestia a mean stare.

"Who, pray tell, is that sister?" Luna asked angrily. It wasn't really much of a question because they both knew what was happening.

"Well, Luna if you weren't satisfied, why didn't you tell me? You didn't have to run off to that coward Chrysalis and have her be the one you want to side with." Celestia responded. Luna fell back in her chair and looked at Celestia angrily.

"If you had actually kept your word, and given me some say in this Kingdom, then maybe I wouldn't have left and gone to Chrysalis in the first place!" She yelled at her sister. Celestia was shocked she said this. I felt awkward being here in the middle of this and you could tell Shining Armor was too.

"Well, since you chose to go and talk with Chrysalis, you can now spend all the time you have with her, because you are officially out of the Solar Alliance for acts of treason!" Celestia yelled at Luna. Luna just gasped and jumped back in her seat. She slowly got out of her seat and walked to the door. She then stopped at the door, and turned around to look at me.

"You did this didn't you? Are you happy?" She said to me. My eyes were wide open and I felt the guilt hit me like a spear piercing my heart.

"Stand down Luna!" Celestia replied to her. She wasn't paying attention to her. My mothers eyes were still locked on mine.

"Well, are you? Are you happy you did this!" She yelled at me. I was just sitting there, paralyzed by what she was saying to me.

"Dammit Luna stand down that is an order!!!" Celestia yelled. Luna finally stopped her death gaze with me and locked on a new target, her sister. Luna turned around and opened the door.

"You don't control me anymore. I know where you all stand. You are henceforth my enemies." Luna said as she slammed the door and left. I just sat there and stared blankly into the wall. I was still in total shock about what my own mother said to me.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that Soarin, I didn't know Luna would burst out like that." Celestia told me. I was still frozen by the guilt. Celestia just left the room and so did Shining Armor. I was just looking down at the ground and my hooves.

"What have I done?" I asked myself in a weak tone. I slowly put my helmet back on and just as I did, I felt a tear escape out of my eye and run down my face. I slowly walked out of the room, for there was no reason to stay there.

I flew home and saw Rainbow Dash outside practicing tricks outside our home. I didn't want to bother her, so I just walked inside and put down my helmet. I looked out of a window and sighed.

"It was for the best of the alliance Soarin, just remember that." I said weakly to myself. That night, I ate and went to bed right after. I had a long day, and I hoped Rainbow understood when she saw me asleep.

---------------------------------------

The next morning I slowly awoke to see Rainbow in bed, still asleep. I slowly got up and out of bed to not disturb her. I walked out to the main room and still felt the guilt, but I couldn't let that effect me mentally. I pushed it away and went to open my front door. In the mail slot on the door, there was a letter. I opened it up and it was from Celestia.

"Dear Soarin,

I was informed by Shining Armor that Luna has made an alliance with Chysalis. They have started militarizing ponies in Manehatten, Baltimare, Fillydelphia. This is, as you know, an act of war. Their intentions are clear. We must meet for one more time before we militarize against them. I am making a public announcement tomorrow. I need to see you and Shining Armor tomorrow for this battle plan for war. They will continue to push on if not stopped, so we must think of something. This is all I know for now. I will update you as soon as I get the chance.

Signed, Princess Celestia."

I didn't think you could ever militarize ponies that fast, but they found a way. I put my armor on and just as I opened my door, Spitfire was on the other side of the door.

"Spitfire? What are you doing here?" I asked her. She looked at me, then the floor for some weird reason, then back at me again.

"Oh, well I was here to see if you were all right. I had heard what happened to you yesterday so I came to check if you were alright." She replied. I looked at her weirdly. She never usually does stuff like that, but I wasn't going to ask why because I had to get to the castle.

"Yeah I was feeling bad, but I am a Royal Guard, so stuff like the doesn't effect me. Anyways, I have to get going, the Princess needs me. I'll see you around." I told her. She just nodded and moved out of the way. She was smiling as she left. It was odd, but I had urgent business to take care of, so I payed no attention to it. I flew off to the castle and ran inside when I made it there. I opened the doors to the situation room. Celestia and Shining Armor were already in there. I took off my helmet as I sat down.

"Good to see you made it Soarin. I have a couple of my generals in here as well as you two because I know war is inevitable right now." Celestia had said.

"Bring me up to speed Celestia." I said to her. She nodded at a general and he walked over one of the walls with a map of Equestria on it.

"As you can see, all of the East Coast region has been seized under Luna and Chrysalis. Now, our spys say that they have intentions of moving into the middle of Equestria and hitting major cities like Dodge city, Appleloosa, and eventually Ponyville. We cannot let that happen. That is where you two come in." The general said. He was pointing at me and Shining Armor.

"Well, we need heavy defensive lines in Appleloosa and Dodge city, that is for sure. We could also use Guards in Neighagra Falls. With ponies in those factions, we could hold them to only try to cut in though the Everfree forest. That would cause them to slow down and we could circle them in and shut them down. But for now, we need defensive blockades set up in the falls, Appleloosa, and Dodge city." I said. The generals looked over at Shining Armor and he nodded and agreed with what I had said.

"We also need defense here in Canterlot. Even though Fillydelphia is still a distance away, they can still try to make an offensive on Canterlot." Shining Armor said. The generals and I agreed. We all started marking up the map and decided as of today, we militarize Dodge City, Appleloosa, and Neighagra Falls. We started assembling our soldiers. Celestia had to make the public announcement so she wasn't there. Shining Armor was dividing up the ponies into squads when I left to Cloudsdale. I had the RGAF meet me there so we could go over what we were doing. When I arrived at Cloudsdale, I could see them all. They all had the gleaming gold suits of armor on. I flew down to them and landed. As soon as I landed, they all saluted me.

"Ok soldiers! We have high tensions in Equestria and we need to give Celestia some breathing room. Foxtrot company, you are to report to Neighagra Falls and keep that place on total lockdown. Don't be surprised if you get enemy opposition there. Your objective is to hold that area no matter what!" I said. I looked at Foxtrot company and they all saluted and flew off in a formation. Each squad had about 35 to 45 pegusai each. "Delta and Bravo company, same objective as Foxtrot. Make it to Neighagra falls and keep that place fortified!" I told them. They did the same, saluted and took off in formation. "Alpha and Charlie, you are to go to Dodge city! You see any of Luna's guard or changelings and you give em hell!" I said. They left and I looked at the last two companies left. "Echo and Crimson, you are to go to Appleloosa and keep that place fortified! Am I clear!" I said to them.

"Yes sir!" They yelled in unison as they took off and left for Appleloosa. As I watched them leave, I had a bad feeling about what was about to happen in the war. Things were about to get hot, it was just a matter of time until they do.