• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 1,351 Views, 27 Comments

Doctor Whoof presents:Discord in Time! - Muleicous



Discord travels through time, 'nuff said.

  • ...
0
 27
 1,351

Chapter 5:D&D! (Part 3): Discord and Lyra's Excellent Adventure!

D&D! (part 3)

or

Discord and Lyra’s Excellent Adventure!

(Hey everypony, Muleicous here. This chapter, as well as the next, is based off an idea from Legacy55. He's another author here on FIMfiction, and tends to write great stories about everyone's favorite draconequus. If you want to go to his page, click here .)

------

Discord and Lyra flew through the Time Vortex like a bat out of hell, the mint green pony riding on the back of the draconequus. The Spirit of Chaos hand never felt this much pure adrenaline in his system since he was banished to this place by the Elements of Harmony, the memory of that day seemed so clear in his mind, but he pushed it to the back of his thoughts. He had to focus on the task at hand: finding his doppelganger before that Discord could harm the time line in anyway.

“Discord,” Lyra said, breaking the Chaos God’s train of thought, “back at the palace you said this guy was like you, but he hurt those guard ponies...”

“I never said he was exactly like me.” Discord replied, the wind (if the Time Vortex had wind) roaring in his ears, “I said he reminded me of my old self, the me who didn’t give a buck about anypony but myself.” The draconequus hoped that the green unicorn would accept his lies at face value, otherwise he would have to explain himself... Explain why he hadn’t killed the other Discord right away like Stormbreaker had suggested. Finally, he saw a familiar red tail quickly diving into a second hole in time. Discord took his chance and plunged right after him, Lyra using all her magical strength just to stay on her draconequus friend’s back.

***

Celestia Beambright sighed as was walked into the tavern on the edge of the city of Canterlot. The white alicorn hid herself deeper in her large, ragged cloak once she saw how many grey armored ponies where in the large building, apparently someone had the guards that The Dancing Griffon was the closest thing to a headquarters that the resistance had. She knew that it would be suicide to run, it would just tell these monsters that she was part of the traitors. So, Celestia took a seat at the bar instead.

“What’ll it be?” a pale yellow colt with a light brown mane asked her.

“Cider Joe, the biggest mug of cider you have.” she answered. Cider Joe was an old friend of Celestia’s, he had always been an ally to the resistance and even thought up the code phrases for the various members to use.

“Sorry ma’am,” Joe said, absent mindedly polishing a mug with his magic, “we’re all out of cider. I’d suggest some apple whiskey, maybe a nice mug of Haven-Hoofed.” Celly nodded, the code meant that Luna had taken the other freedom fighters to their hide out in the Everfree Forest. Joe brought out a shot of Haven-Hoofed whiskey and she drank it down fast, the brown liquid burnt her throat but left a sweet after taste on her tongue.

“Thanks.”

“Not a problem Celestia.” Joe said, just as the ten guard ponies blocked her only exit. The white alicorn turned to her former ally, a shocked look breaking out of her face.

“J... Joe?” She asked.

“Sorry Celestia,” the bar-tending pony wiped the yellow paint from his face, reveling a more greyed shade of fur underneath. “He got to me, and he’ll get to you. Nopony can stop Lord Discord, don’t you see that?” Joe took a step towards his old friend, pulling the tattered cloak off of her. The alicorn was indeed the one the guards where looking for: sun cutie mark, long rainbow-like mane, taller then most ponies, and one of the only two ponies with both wings and a horn.

“Cease the traitor!” the captain of the guard cried, his wings flapping out as he charged toward Celestia. The alicorn closed her eyes, mouthing th words ‘I’m sorry’ as a brilliantly bright, white light erupted from her horn and blinded the guards and Cider Joe. It took a few moments for the group of ponies to actually see again, but Cider Joe knew what had just happened. He stumbled for the door, but his front hooves got caught on a guard’s suit of armor and he tripped.

“She escaped! She went to Everfree!” Joe called out, his normally loyal nature was gone now, maybe forever. However, he didn’t care, all the bar tender unicorn wanted to do was serve his lord and master now. His Lord Discord was the only friend he needed.

***

Lyra’s eyes opened slowly, but once she saw where they were the mint green unicorn wished she had never met Discord. The musician unicorn was, once again, tied to something, this time a strong oak tree, and her magic didn’t seem to be working. In front of her was a small, dark blue pony with a crescent moon cutie mark, she wings folded by her sides as her horn was pointed straight at Lyra’s belly.

“Thou hast awakened, good.” Luna said, her eyes full of burning rage, “Then thou can stand trial for thy crimes against thy own race.”

Lyra couldn’t believe what she had just heard, “Crimes against my race? I’ve never been cruel to ponies! Not even the last jerk who tied me up! And why are you talking like that princess? Why do you look like you did after Twilight and her friend’s beat Nightmare Moon out of you? Oh, and before I forget, WHY AM I TIED UP!?” Before the mint colored pony could say anymore, the dark blue alicorn used a spell that made Lyra tongue tied... literally. The knot her tongue was in wasn’t painful, but it did make it impossible for Lyra to ask anymore questions.

“We shall ask the questions knave! And... one moment, did thou just call us princess?” Luna blushed for a moment, the only one who had ever called her princess was her father. Surely this common unicorn couldn’t have met the old king, but she did fall out of the sky. “What dost thou know of thy Royal Family? Speak now!” The alicorn released the tongue tie spell, but kept her magic at the ready.

“Family?” Lyra asked, “Why should I tell you anything?! You tied me up! And where’s Discord? Is this how you treat everypony who saved your flank? It would explain why Pinkie’s so nutty.”

“Hmmm... We see that thou hast inquiries as well.” Luna placed a hoof to her chin as she pondered, then smiled. “Fine then, we shall answer one question if thou answers one as well.”

Lyra nodded, “Fine... Well, the royal family right?” the mint pony watched as Luna nodded, “There’s you, Princess Celestia, and... A couple of other ponies. Prince Blueblood, but I’m pretty sure you and him arn’t related too closely. You’re more level headed then he is.”

“What of our father? And mother? Do you know where the chaotic one has them?”

“Your mom and dad?” Lyra cocked her head to the side questioningly, “Well, I know that the king died in the...”

“Don’t tell her anything!” Discord’s voice echoed through the trees. Lyra turned to the right and saw a group of ponies (three unicorns, a pegasus, and two earth ponies) trying to surround the draconequus, but Discord kept teleporting out of their way.

“Silence monster!” Luna cried, galloping at Lyra’s friend as fast as she could. “Thous hast not corrupted this child! Thou shall not corrupt us!” Her horn came close to his side, but the Chaos God quickly dodged it. He smiled as Luna came at him again and again, blasting at him with her magic before trying to cut him with her sharp horn. It was an enjoyable game that he vaguely remembered playing once before, with very disastrous results for him. Just as Discord began to reminisce about his old days, the lunar princess saw an opening. She quickly shot a paralyzing spell at the draconequus’ legs, making them stiff as stone and causing Discord to trip and fall backwards. The Spirit of Chaos raised his lion paw, getting ready to snap his fingers and fight back as Luna stepped closer.

“Well well,” the dark blue alicorn smiled, “the Spirit of Chaos brought down by a little filly like us. We wont spare you the knowledge of your fate Discord, we shall tell it to you. We shall blast thou apart, piece by piece... Just like you did to our guards. Our friends, and most likely our parents. Enjoy eternity draconequus, and give our thanks to Death.” Discord sighed, a look of boredom and resignation on his face. He didn’t want to hurt Luna, but it seemed like he had no choice. Slowly, the Chaos God placed the ends of his lion paw together.

“LUNA! STOP!” a deep, dark voice cried from the skies. Everypony looked up to see the bright white form of Celestia, slowly floating down from her spot in the heavens.

“No sister! He must be punished!” the lunar alicorn called out, hot tears streaming down her cheeks. However, Celestia landed in front of her sister and wrapped her white wings around Luna. This made the small alicorn sob hard, nuzzling her older sister’s chest as she herself shuttered in sorrow. “Its been years, sister... Years...”

“I know Lulu,” Celestia said, calling her little sister by her pet name, “I know, but we will find them. I know we will.”

A single earth pony stepped forward, her bright green eyes shining in the dim light of the forest. “We’ll help you princess... All of us. We promise we wont stop till Discord’s dead as dust!”

The draconequus cleared his throat, calling everypony’s attention to him. “Still here.” he said.

“Oh, right.” the earth pony said, “Sorry... Wait!”The Chaos God couldn’t help but laugh as he regained the ability to move his legs. He stood and walked to Celestia, looking her in the eyes as if the two where talking. Nopony moved, all eyes where on the sun princess and the Spirit of Chaos. It felt like hours had passed, when it was only minutes, until finally the white alicorn nodded and turned toward the freedom fighters.

“Untie our guest,” Celestia ordered, “we need to keep moving, and we’ll need all the help we can get to defeat Discord.”

“Sister, he’s right there!” Luna cried, pointing at Discord, “We could stop him now!”

“No Luna, this isn’t the same Discord that now lives in our old home.” Celestia walked past the draconequus, and used her pointed horn to slash through the ropes that held Lyra to the tree. “This one is different. I sense a deep sympathy for our kind, and regret for past actions. Even if he still has his chaotic nature, this Discord isn’t the one who turned Cider Joe against us... He isn’t the one who shattered our father and mother’s crown.”

“Wait, shattered the crowns?” Discord asked, now floating inches above the ground, “I don’t remember destroying them. I wore them. I used them to taunt you until you two stole them from me.” The Chaos God shook his head, “Something’s wrong... Somepony’s changed our time line.”

Lyra reached into her saddle bags and pulled out a large, hard covered book. The title, A Complete History of Equestria, was written in elegant cursive with gold letters. The unicorn quickly opened to the chapter on the ‘Chaotic Times’ as they where called, assuming that Discord and she had landed in the time when the princesses hadn’t taken control of Equestria. She skimmed through the chapter until she found the paragraph she was looking for:

And so, Discord, Lord of Chaos and Disharmony, turned King and Queen Beambright into statues (much as he himself was) and stole the symbol of their authority. The crowns of the royal family, which he wore himself for a long part of the war. It wasn’t until the sixth month of the war, on the sixth day, when Celestia and Luna infiltrated the palace themselves to take back their birth rights. The crowns where then melted down by a blacksmith who lived in what is now modern Ponyville, and the gold was forged into five necklaces and a tiara. The jewels from the crown, which had known magical properties, where then placed into the jewelry. Thus the Elements of Harmony where...

It was there that the paragraph stopped, the ink now fading on the rest of the letters. Unknown to Lyra, Discord had been reading over her shoulder. The draconequus’ eyes flooded with dread and he shook his head. He turned towards the princesses and other resistance fighters and frowned, “We need to attack the palace, now!” he said.

“Why should we believe thou, monster?” Luna asked, glaring still, “Because our sister says you are different? Ha! Our sister has been wrong before...”

“Luna... Please hold your tongue.” Celestia looked down at her little sister, a bit of shock in her eyes. Luna had never spoken like this before, it was like she was possessed by something.

“No Celestia! We shall not hold back our words any longer!” the moon princess stepped forwards, “Give us one reason why we should believe thou.”

Discord leaned down, glaring menacingly into Luna’s eyes. However, it was Lyra who spoke up. “Because we’re from the future,” she said, “And so is this book.” The mint unicorn tossed the open tome in front of the two alicorns, the word Celestia fading fast from the top of the page. Quickly, Luna flipped through the book using her magic, and found that the same thing was happening on every page. The words where slowly fading, as if the book was being erased and re-written.

“Wh...What can we do?” Luna asked.

“We need a plan.” Discord replied, he snapped his fingers and was now wearing a human army helmet on his head with his horns sticking out the sides.