• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 3,077 Views, 31 Comments

Mysteries of the Heart - Red Keyblade Master



A Spike and Applebloom story.

  • ...
2
 31
 3,077

Chapter 4


MotH Ch4:

Destiny's setup.../Plot development?

Spike slid down the stair sidebar that morning and landed triumphantly. "Whoo!" he shouted gladly as he walked towards Twilight.

"Someone's in a good mood."

"How could I not be Twi? Yesterday could not have gone better. Applebloom and I taught Dash and Rarity a lesson in friendship. Come on, look at us, you can not get more awesome!" Spike pumped his fist into the air triumphantly.

"Not to mention the songs you sang to each other." Twilight added from her studying.

"Yeah." Spike chuckled. "So, what's on the agenda today?"

Twilight floated over a single card of paper. "Well, the girls are coming over for a sleep over... And that's about it. Oh, Applejack is letting Applebloom come as well, but she may not spend the night."

Spike raised in eyebrow in confusion. "Why not?"

"Because" Twilight stated. "Applebloom has some late night chores with Big Macintosh, those are Applejacks words. Not mine." she finished as she walked towards the kitchen. "Breakfast?"

"Yeah. Lemme whip something up for you." Spike walked towards the kitchen smiling.

He entered the kitchen to see Twilight waiting at the table, seeming to be lost in her own little world as she was looking up at the sealing smiling.

Spike turned to the stove and quickly whipped up a fresh batch of pancakes. All was going well until he flipped one above his head and it somehow ended up on Twilight. Luckily it was fully cooked so all the young mare did was put it on her plate.

"Aim Spike."

"It wasn't me Twi! It just... Flew over I guess."

"Suuuree." another pancake landed on her head.

"Eat it." Spike commented as he brought the rest of the pancakes to the table. "Eat it, and like it." he took a very forceful bite out of his pancake. Twilight barely stifled a laugh.

Spike quickly finished his pancakes and walked back upstairs to his room. Where he calmly closed the door behind him and slid down to the floor. "Man, some week so far. Everything's been going awesome for me. The others should be getting here soon... And Applebloom... What do I feel when I even think of her... It's a happiness, but at the same time it feels like I'm missing something. As if I'm a puzzle and there's a missing piece. And not like the one that rolls under a book case and you never see it again till the next re-shelving day... Like the ones that so plain and simple to see where it goes but it takes forever to figure it out..." he pondered this for a bit longer till something caused him to jolt up.

"Oh. Poor Spike doesn't even Realize" and emphases was put on realize... "How chaotic this week has been! And I worked so hard too..."

"Who's there?!" Spike turned and examined the room around him, prepared for any unnatural occurrences.

"You'll find out soon enough lover boy! Soon enough..." a haunting laughter was heard afterwards and faded away...

"Was that...? Nah, why would he be here?"

Ding-Dong!

Spike shook his head and focused back onto reality. "Appleblooms here!" he turned and ran back downstairs and ended up tripping over the same third step. Plummeting dramatically to the bottom, bouncing off each and every step comically. Finally landing with a thud. "Oww..."

"Oh my... Are you alright Spike...?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah... I've been through worse..." Spike got up to realize that Fluttershy wasn't the only one to see his dramatic fall. The rest of the mane six PLUS Applebloom and Big Macintosh.

"You alright there sugarcube?" Applejack asked nicely as they were all siting down in the living room already. Fluttershy and Big Macintosh were outside as he quickly, and sneakily hugged Fluttershy goodbye and left. Spike should've gotten a picture of that!

"Yeah. I've had worse falls." Spike said trying to sound 'manly' as he walked over to take a seat next to Applebloom. "So Applebloom I..." he couldn't finish as he burped up a letter in blue flames this time, signifying who it was from. "Those always taste worse than the other ones..." Spike sighed, as he knew exactly who it was from, since they'd only just seen him a while ago. Spike didn't like him much.

The letter floated over to Applejack and rested there. "Well I'll be. Little sucker hasn't wrote back in a while. Let's take a gander." she said more to herself as she began to open the letter.

"Who's it from?" Applebloom asked with interest.

"Some prissy Colt named Joshua. Says he's from a different world but I don't buy it." Rainbow Dash answered as she rolled her eyes. "Just read the darn thing out loud!"

"Alright alright. Seesh sugarcube. Ahem:

Dear Applejack,

I am greatly sorry for the lack of write backs in quite a while. Things over here have gotten a bit more busy than I wanted, and thus, more things had required my attention and action. Hehe, you wouldn't believe me if I had told you Applejack. It seems my world has become a melting pot of different ideas and beliefs. It feels so wonderful. You can feel the rhythm of their passing ideas, thoughts, and emotions combing into one perfectly in tune musical symphony of pure bliss. Not to mention HIS arrival. With him around, the ideas of the world are going to shift into dreams of great wealth and proportion. All that imagination... It will surely turn into a great advance for this world. I must go now, please do tell me of the happenings in your town, I will be great full to hear them. As usual, here is a quiver of knowledge, courtesy of yours truly. The world is as many things as people need it to be. The concept that we all live in the same world... Is just in our heads.

Sincerely yours, Yoshiua Kyriu aka Joshua.

...Well I'll be." Applejack finished the letter with a smile.

Applebloom waved her hoofs. "Hold on now! How come you never told me about Joshia sis?" she said. Clearly mispronouncing Joshua's name.

"Well, I guess I never bothered to tell ya cause I didn't think it would interest y'all. But now I hear ya talkin bout Spike all mornin long and well..." Applejack began laughing a bit. "Y'all should've heard what she said. She sounded like you Rarity, with all the romantic stuff!"

Applebloom blushed greatly. "S-sis!"

Rarity giggled. "Dear, I like to think I can be so much more of a romantic than two love birds."

Applebloom blushed more. "Not you too!"

Spike scratched the back of his head nervously, trying to change the topic. "Umm... Well... Who is Joshua Applejack?"

Rainbow Dash made a sound of annoyance. "Please don't get her started! She actually believes him when he says he's from a different world!"

"Well... Umm.. What's the name of this... 'world' Applejack?" Twilight said as she turned to her, hoping to find a medium solution before the argument started. Again.

"Well... It's called... Ehh... What was it? Shi... Sibu... Umm. Ya, I can't remember fer the life of me." Applejack laughed.

"Yeah, cus it's not real!" Rainbow Dash replied with an accusing hoof.

"Say that again!" Applejack replied.

"Girls!" Twilight jumped in between them.

Deciding he didn't want to hear any more of this, Spike turned and walked upstairs, knowing very much that this would drag on for most of the evening. "If you need me, I'll be in my room!" and he shut the door for a nap.

-PoV break: Applebloom-

Appleblooms eyed Spike as he disappeared from sight upstairs. She sighed to herself, thinking more and more about him ever since yesterday. She turned back to the bickering Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

"He sounds so prissy!"

"His voice is like that, you can't change that!"

"It's impossible to tell what he's thinking!"

"It's impossible to tell what Pinkies thinkin!"

"He doesn't have a cutie mark!"

"Which means he's not from around ere!"

"Hey! At least my colt friend's real!" Rainbow Dash stomped her hoof.

"Joshua ain't my colt friend! And he's as real as Celestia!"

"At least..."

"QUIET!"

Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash sunk down in fright at the scream from Twilight.

"Can you two ever get through a night without doing this?" Twilight asked sternly as she stated at them both.

Rainbow Dash huffed down like a little filly. "She started it..."

"Yeah, we'll I'm ending it." Twilight replied. "Not another word on the subject.

Applebloom rolled her eyes at them and asked. "Why do you guys fight over this stuff?"

Rarity simply patted her on the head. "It's a mare thing dear, you'll understand when your older... Or, maybe you do now, considering what you and Spike have going on."

"What do we have going on?"

Rarity froze at that as she got the most deadly stare from Pinkie Pie.

"Yeah Rarity... What DO they have going on?" Rainbow added with a smirk.

Pinkie Pie stared Rarity down with the most deadly stare.

"Umm... Well... Oh they'll figure it out." Rarity stuttered more in fear than anything.

Rainbow Dash snapped her hoof. "Nice save."

They all laughed and enjoyed the moment. None of them noticing the hissing green eyes watching them from a window... But only a second later the form disappeared, beginning to plan something obviously devious...

Later on Spike had returned downstairs to see Applebloom out, as Big Macintosh wouldn't let her stay the night. They waited outside for him to arrive, watching the stars together.

Applebloom had quite a bit of things on her mind, one of them being a certain question for Spike. Deciding against her best judgement she spoke. "Hey Spike."

"Yeah?"

"I... I like spendin time with you..."

"Me too." Spike nodded as they spoke softly to each other, as soft as the cool breeze of the night sky.

"Say Spike..."

"Yeah?"

"I think... I think..." Applebloom froze a bit..

"Yeah?"

"I like you.."

Spike smiled and turned to stare at the moon. "Cool... I might like you too... I'm just not sure about what certain feelings mean yet..."

"Let's go on a date." Applebloom said slowly, expecting him to say no.

Spike chuckled and turned to her. "Is that a question or a demand?" he joked, essentially telling her 'yes'.

Applebloom quickly caught on and smiled. "A demand."

Spike was about to open his mouth to reply but then he noticed Big Macintosh walking up to them. "Well, your brothers here."

Applebloom smiled and turned to the pony in question. "Hey big bro!"

He just nodded while smiling.

Applebloom turned back to Spike. "We'll, I'll see you tomorrow! Meet me at the park?"

"Yeah."

Applebloom hugged Spike then turned to hop away with Big Macintosh in tow.

Spike smiled and turned to walk back in, expecting the rest of the night to go smoothly.

"It's makeover time Spike!"

Too bad it never does.

Applebloom turned around to get one last glimpse of the library, but instead she saw Spike burst out the door with mane curlers screaming as Rainbow Dash flew after him as they went around the library. "Your makeover's not done!"

Applebloom sweatdropped. "What have I gotten myself into?"