• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 322 Views, 4 Comments

The Chaos Factor - Mr Jelly



Cyburst may not be as alone as he thinks he is in Equestria. When Luna gives him a strange message, he needs to find the host of the so called "Animal" before it can fully awaken.

  • ...
 4
 322

Detective work

Quiet Ocarina walked towards the police line to look at the scene

“I’m sorry miss, but you can’t get any closer.” A stray police pony said.

“Oca!” Rain Whisper shouted, coming up behind the mare. “What are you doing here?”

“Didn’t you see the News? Something happened here.” The blue mare said.

“I... uh... was in the treehouse... remember?” Rain said, trying to stay off the subject.

“Oh yeah...” Ocarina said

“Um... sorry about what I did... I wouldn’t have done it if I knew what I was doing.” Rain said, scraping her hoof against the ground.

“It’s okay, I kinda guessed you... uh... yeah.” Oca replied.

“I what?” Rain Whisper asked.

“Don’t... Like... Stallions.” The mare said awkwardly.

Rain Whisper’s face turned a bright red, she shuffled awkwardly in place.

“Is it really that obvious?”

“I can read ponies like books.”

“Did I... say anything to make you think that?”

“The banana broke the turkey chandelier?” Ocarina placed a hoof in front of her mouth.

“Excuse me?”

“No, it was just your actions.”

Rain faced the ground, then laid down and covered her head. “I’m such a bad liar.”

Ocarina laughed, “It’s not that, you kissing my cheek every time we meet, taking out that stallio-”

Ocarina froze.

“Hey! they do that in Prance all the time!”

“No, it’s not that.” Ocarina said, still frozen. “Have you ever felt that something was off, but you couldn’t place it?”

“When we were at that party that time, just before the stallions turned on the air conditioning that blew our dresses and skirts up.” Rain Whisper said, “I hate to say I looked, but you were wearing red that night.” She joked

“Not like that.” She continued, “Like, something’s different about yourself, but you don’t know what.”

“Um... maybe?” Rain said, chuckling since the mare hadn’t noticed her joke.

“I thought returning here would jog something, but nothing, zip, nada.” Ocarina said.

“Like what?” Rain asked, still laughing.

“Like... can we go somewhere else?”

“Of course, where do you want to go, oh red one.” Rain said.

“Your treehouse, I’m sorry, but it’s the only place.” Ocarina said, “And don’t ever mention that ever again.”

“Hehe, whatever you say, sweetcheeks.” With that, Rain Whisper took off in the direction of her treehouse.

“Hmmm....” Ocarina growled, “What’s different?!”

Once they arrived at the treehouse, Ocarina made sure nopony was around.

“Rain, I think something’s wrong with me.” She whispered

“Why do you say that?” Rain Whisper said, lying on her back and looking at her hooves in the air.

“Well, yesterday, I found out that Octavia isn’t my biological mother...” Oca said.

Rain Whisper looked at Ocarina while upside down. “What? How?”

“She told me, but that’s irrelevant. After that, I ran. I was so mad I ran.” She continued, “I was then caught in an alleyway by that stallion we met at the club, and he wasn’t very happy to see me after I clocked him one. He tried do... Do things to me.”

“Okay...” Rain said, “Do you need my help?”

“Well, no.” She said, “I can’t remember anything after that. Like, I woke up in my bed after that.”

“...Oca... did you...?” Rain trailed off

“That’s the thing, I can’t remember.” Ocarina bit her hoof, “But you saw those... ponies. They were ripped apart. I mean, yeah, I’m strong, but nopony could just rip somepony apart.”

“So... what do you think happened?”

“Well, I couldn’t have done that, and I don’t think the ponies wanted to kill themselves,” Ocarina thought, “Maybe somepony came to my aid?”

“Like who?” Rain asked.

“I-I don’t know, I’m picking at straws right now.” Ocarina stomped

“Well...if somepony really did help you, and did that much” Rain said, shuffling in the place she stood and trying to sit Ocarina down. “What are you going to do?”

“I’ll-I’ll ask Octavia, she may know about someone.” She paced back and forth.

“Why don’t you sit down... and try to relax for a second.”

“Relax? Relax! A murderer killed three ponies that just happened to be next to me.” Ocarina said loudly, “If I survived a homicide! Not many ponies can do that! Something’s different about me.”

“Just...” Rain walked over to her and forced her to sit down. “Calm down for a second.”

“Okay...” The blue mare said, “I should really ask Octavia about this.”

“Well you can’t do that when you’re so tense.” Rain said, going behind her and massaging her back a little.

“You’re right.” She said, closing her eyes.

When Quiet Ocarina closed her eyes, a blur of images flew in front of them. She gasped and her eyes shot open.

“You know, this might feel a little better if you’d lie down.” Rain Whisper said, “Fluttershy taught me how to do this.”

Ocarina laid down quietly.

Rain finally got to work on her friend, trying to relieve every bit of stress she could for now.

“Are you going to be alright?” Rain asked, leaning down to her friend.

“Yeah...” She said, her legs going limp, “I need to ask Octavia about this.”

“Alright, do you need me to come with you?” Rain asked, pressing down a bit more firmly on a kink in Ocarina’s shoulder.

“Nah, I’ll be fine.” Ocarina said.

“Okay, just don’t forget I’m here.” Rain said, kissing the back of Ocarina’s neck.

“I won’t.” She giggled before walking to the door. “Wait, Rain?”

“Yes?” Rain asked with a giggle.

“Does the name Cyber Burst mean anything to you?”

“Doesn’t really ring a bell.” Rain Whisper said, scratching her chin.

“Okay, just wondering.” Ocarina said, finding her way home.