• Published 15th Feb 2013
  • 456 Views, 4 Comments

An Unwanted Past - WhovianPony



Not all stories are happy, they don't all end nicely. Evil isn't always defeated, and the hero doesn't always win. But how do you know who is evil? And who is really the hero?

  • ...
 4
 456

Introduction

Many millennia ago, the great and mighty race of the alicorns ruled over all of Equestria. Under their reign, the ponies of Equestria lived in a golden age of peace and prosperity. In the very center of our country stood a glorious and shining capitol. In the center of this was the royal citadel, home to the royal family, and where I lived for many years. Towering spires inlaid with gold and silver stood as a reminder to all who saw them of the alicorn's power and pride. The alicorns saw it as their birthright to rule over the lesser races of Equestria, and the Equestrians were content to be ruled by those that they saw as gods.

The ponies and the alicorns lived in harmony with each other and with the countries that surrounded Equestria. The largest were the dragon clans to the east, and the gryphon kingdom to the west. But to the south lied a no pony's land, filled with chaos and unrest. To the three leaders of our world, and to their people, this was the very definition of hell.

The wasteland was home only to the race of the draconequus. They were much older than the alicorns and older than the dragons, but still young and foalish. Their world was in a constant state of chaos, where day and night shifted independently from the rest of the planet, and where no regular pony could go without soon turning to insanity. The draconequus were very much like the alicorns. They had great powers and unyielding pride; but unlike the alicorns, the draconequus took no pleasure in peace, and had no need for prosperity. So it was only a matter of time, when disaster struck.

This is not a happy story. This is not a story that will make you laugh, or make you feel better about yourself. It's not a story meant for pleasure reading. It's not one that I often took pleasure in living, not without him. This is the story of our history. The story of pain, and sorrow; of loves lost and hardships found. Painful, but the truth. The tome which you hold now in your hooves, is filled with the darkest, and most well kept of secrets. These are the tales and the events that even today are kept away from the ponies of Equestria at all costs; the story of the alicorn’s shame and the fall of the two mightiest empires that Equestria has ever seen.

My name is Rose Everfree. This is the story of how I lived, and how I died.