• Published 2nd Nov 2011
  • 2,836 Views, 22 Comments

Imagin Friends - TakeshiAshirogi



What happens when the 6 mane girls meet their match... the 6 imagin boys

  • ...
1
 22
 2,836

The Climax Begins

Imagin friends… what happens when the 6 pony girls meet the 6 Imagin boys…
===

There is a train that passes through time: the Denliner.

At which station will be the next stop? The past? The future?

Or will it be somewhere else?

Which way will the sands of time flow?

------

Twilight bolted upright, her chest heaving, her sweat-soaked mane clinging to her face. She struggled to stand, and then reflexively stripped the sheets off her bed – she sat there, trying to catch her breath - as she replayed the nightmare in her mind.

Her nightmare started with just an empty, silent darkness. The silence was then broken by an echoing sound, something like screeching metal - before it was abruptly silenced.

“Tell me your wish. I will grant you any wish.” a figure started to take form from within the endless abyss, a terrible bone-like smile. “You only have to pay with one thing…” a mysterious, but yet familiar, voice rang throughout her mind.

“‘A Wish?’” her thoughts wrapped around that one, single word. “I just wish I knew what these dreams meant.” the young mare didn’t know whether these images were harmless or if they were trying to warn her.

“Mmmm-Twilight…” the young mare’s ears perked to attention, she leaned over the edge of her bed, "i-is everything," the young voice yawned, "okay?"

“Yes, Spike,” Twilight smiled embarrassedly, looking down at her half-asleep assistant that lay on the floor, “sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“Well, alright…” the wyrm sighed peacefully; his body struggled, as he tried to get into a comfortable position, “I’m going back to sleep…”

“Alright Spike,” Twilight giggled, “good night!”

“Good night, Twi~” were the last words he said; without warning he disappeared from one world and into his own. The room started to fill with his peaceful snoring.

“My silly, little dragon,” the young mare softly giggled. Twilight’s eyes traveled to the window looking up into the starry night sky. The moon wasn’t showing that night; Luna may have been in one of her moods - a strange sudden feeling started to wash over Twilight. The moonless sky pulled on her, making her feel like she could fall into the eternal abyss any moment, just like in her sleep.

“Was it just a dream?” the memories started to replay in her mind; they wouldn‘t leave her alone. What did they mean? Would something happen soon? Twilight just didn’t know what to make of the situation, she was scared. Suddenly the need of sleep washed over the young mare’s body as she let out a yawn.

“It was only a dream.” Twilight sighed – reaching for the blankets that had fallen - figuring that her paranoia was only caused by her lack of sleep. “Good night…” the purple unicorn whispered to no pony in particular. Placing her head back on onto her pillow, she could feel her mind pulling her back into her deep slumber.

What the young mare failed to take notice of was the dripping sand that fell from her comforter and off the side of the bed. It just accumulated there on the floor, waiting to make sure all were sound asleep.

“Looks like, from here on out, the climax will begin!” a large red eerie figured formed itself from the crystal of sand, his black eyes glancing once over the young unicorn’s sleeping figure.

===

“Stupid bird, he must have short term memory loss or something.” Spike sighed; trying his best to remove the owl from his mind as he carried his cup of tea. The young dragon had spent nearly thirty minutes telling the owl about what had happened with Twilight the night before - most of that time was telling the bird who the she was.

“That’s good,” the young dragon smiled warmly as he felt the warmth flow through his gullet; he was ready for his doughnuts. He quietly made his way to the table; he wished not to wake his friend from her slumber, her nightmares did enough of that already.

Spike‘s head snapped back to the sound of a large crash - the fifth doughnut hanging from his teeth - and his eyes narrowed toward the stairway that led to the bed room.

“Stupid legs,” The young mare mumbled, her legs giving out under her once more. “How the hell am I supposed to walk in these things?” Twilight’s red eyes glared down at the purple legs she was born with.

“Hey, Twilight.” The unicorn’s attention was brought forward, her eyes fixated on the scaly creature in front of her. “You okay?” Spike asked, taking another sip of his warm beverage.

“Yeah…” Twilight carefully took in the creature’s appearance. “I’m okay.” She walked closer to the dragon, a slight stumble in her footing. “What’s up with you?” She seemed more forward than usual.

“Um, nothing…” Spike replied, a confused look on his face. “You’re okay, Twi? You look a little different this morning." The dragonling studied his old friend's appearance.

Twilight's eyes glimmered under his gaze. Her mane was wilder, and tinted strangely, her usual lavender stripe a faint red. Her tail bore the same coloration. Her posture, usually prim and precise, held a casual slouch more fitting to Rainbow Dash, and her bookish charm had been replaced by an aggressive swagger.

“For the last time, I’m okay.” Spike watched as his friend rolled her eyes at him. “What’s that?” Something in the air caught the young mare‘s attention; the unicorn’s nose edged closer to the dragon’s hand.

“Um, it’s tea.” Spike answered; slowly bringing his cup closer to his body.

“Can I have some?” The young mare‘s eyes traveled back to the dragonling‘s face; a pleading look in them.

“Yeah, sure,” The little assistant smiled. “I’ll be right back.” With a quick spin, Spike walked back into the kitchen.

“Heh Thanks.” Twilight smirked to herself; her legs continued to cave under herself as she followed the purple lizard.

“Are you positive, that you are okay?”

“Yes, for the last time, I’m okay.” The young mare sat on the other side of the table of Spike - the unicorn’s tongue hung out of her mouth in concentration - having the hardest time holding her tea in her hooves. “Gyaaaah! That burns.”

“Well if you say so…” Spike sighed, carefully looking over his old friend; watching as the mare continued to spill the hot tea on herself.

“That’s some good tea,” The young mare slurped, the cup having finally reached her lips. “Give me another one!” she placed the cup in front of the dragonling.

“Um, sure thing.” Spike smiled; retrieving the teakettle, he started pouring another cup for his friend. “Oh yeah, I also saw that stupid owl off this morning.” he continued as he watched the pony in front of him drinking with a little less difficulty.

“‘Owl?’” The star-marked pony in front of him question; bringing her cup closer to her lips. “Ah yes, I remember now,” Her eyes returned back to Spike. “That’s good.”

“I forget,” The wyrm started to rub the back of his head. “What was his name again?”

“Whose name?” The unicorn’s eyebrow rose; the warm beverage draining into her stomach.

“The owl’s name, I always seem to forget it.” Spike looked at the mare with his jade-colored eyes.

The purple mare spewed the content of her mouth all over the table before her - and over her own hooves. “That’s freaking hot!” she struggled trying to get her coat clean.

“Well?”

“Well…umm…” the star-marked pony looked away; sweat dripping down her wild mane.

“Well, I’m waiting!”

“Well, umm, is it…” The young mare only had one shot at this; only one name came to mind. “Is it Owl…owi…scious??!!” she held her breath, hoping she had found the right answer.

The room fell silent; only the sound of birds echoed through the library. The young dragon‘s eyes stayed onto the mare that was seated across from him.

“Right, his name is Owlowiscious.” Spike smiled.

“Right!” The young mare sighed, finally able to relax.

Another cup of tea was poured between the two oldest friends; the warmth of the beverage keeping their bonds together.

“I’ll be back.” The unicorn stood as she started making her way towards the entrance of the kitchen.

“Where are you going Twilight?” Spike followed the young mare into the library.

“I’m just going out for a bit, that’s all.” She answered, her hooves reaching for the door handle.

“Going out for a bit?” Spike asked. “Are you going to see your friends?”

“My friends?” Twilight shook her mane; her mind started pondering this question. “Yeah, I suppose you could say that.” Her hooves started to fidget with the handle; what the young mare failed to realize was the faint glow coming from her forehead.

“So you’re going to see the most beautiful pony in the world, right?” Spike asked; his eyes filled with hearts as the image of the white-manned beauty entered his mind.

“Who?” Twilight turned her head at the love-struck dragon; her hooves finally grasping the door that stood in her way.

“Silly Twilight,” Spike said with his toothy grin. “her name is Sweetie Belle.”

“Ah, right,” Light broke through as the heavy doors slowly open. “Maybe I‘ll see her, maybe I won’t.” The young mare smirked, finally taking her first steps into the outside world.

“Only one problem,” Spike interrupted; his tone grew grim. “Her name isn’t Sweetie Belle!!”

The star-marked pony stopped in her tracks - her head slowly turning back to the young dragon behind her. “What did you say, you damn lizard.” Twilight’s red eyes glaring down at her assistant.

“The most beautiful pony in the world is my Rarity, one of your best friends!” Spike answered, the young dragon didn’t back down under her gaze. “Sweetie Belle is her little sister!”

Silence filled the room, not even the birds outside seem to even want to cut the tension. Neither figures looked away from the other; they waited to see which of them would dare make the first move.

“You’re not Twilight, are you?” Spike was the first to speak up.

The outside light faded away into darkness as the doors were carefully shut. “So you finally figured it out, didn‘t you?” Twilight smirked, the sound of her footing echoed through the library as she circled around the lizard; the faint light in her horn glow just a bit brighter.

“Who are you?” Spike’s jade-colored eyes followed the imposter; her back facing him.

“Well!” Twilight‘s head snapped back, looking at the wyrm. “It’s about time for my introduction, isn’t it?” A grin quickly grew across the young mare‘s lavender coat; the glowing magic light became even brighter.

With a sudden snap of the neck, her wild mane hair twirled around her as if it was pointing at her. “I…” With a quick step her hair was thrown back; her horn glow even bright. “HAVE FINALLY ARRI---!!!!!”

Arcane magic erupted from the young mare’s horn; the room filled up with its purple light - also filled the room with a scream; the young mare’s body was thrown to one side of the room; another figure was thrown into the book self on the other, like a fish flung into the air.

“Twilight!!!” Spike ran over to his fallen friend. “You okay?” The young dragon quickly looked over her body.

“Yes, I’m okay Spike,” Twilight answered, reassuring her little assistant. Everything about her body, eyes, mane, and tail had returned to their normal appearance. Spike looked up to see that his friend’s gaze was somewhere else; they were off in the direction of the bookshelf, looking at the red demon.

“Do you know what that ‘thing’ is, Twi’?” Spike asked, he couldn’t peel his eyes away from the horned devil.

“I don’t know,” She answered. “Ever since I woke up, that thing was using my body like a sleeve.” her eye’s looked over the creature, taking in all detail she could find.

In comparison, the size of this thing was much greater to her. It was a bipedal creature, its hands were like that of a monkey‘s paw; looking over its more descriptive details, it reminded her of the creatures she came across in her studies with the Princess. She read about creatures like it in Neigh-ponnese myths, demons called “Poni“.

“Ever since my mind woke up inside of it I was building up a spell so that I could expel it from my body.” Twilight continued. “I slowly built it up over time so that the arcane light wouldn’t be noticed.”

“What are we going to about “it”?” Spike jumped; the creature that laid on the ground started to stir.

“I think, I have an idea.” Twilight said - her horn started glowing of purple arcane magic once more.

“Gyaaaah!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!!!?” The demon like creature bolted up. “YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT FREAKING HURTS!!!” He held his pounding head; his eyes slowly looked up to the two animals that stood in front of him, his legs started to tingle as all feelings were lost.

“WHAT THE HELL!!!” His body jerked back; his legs snapped as the locked themselves together. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” The demon quickly tried to stand, only to find it useless as he fell forward on his stomach.

“I DON’T LIKE THIS!!” He started clawing at the floor like a maniac, hoping to get out of the mysterious grasp. “PLEASE LET ME GO!!” His arms threw themselves behind his back, locking themselves at the wrists.

“I’M NOT INTO THIS KIND OF THING!” He could not squirm anymore; he was at the unicorn’s mercy. “TAKE THE TURTLE FRE-” His mouth snapped shut; the last thing he could see were the two animals walking over to him before his eyes snapped closed.

“…“ The red beast was coming to; he could feel his body sitting upright on a stool that was too small for him, his arms still locked at the wrist behind him.

“Well, whatever this thing is, he put on a good act.” Spike gave his longest friend a sheepish grin, hoping to not find himself with the red-colored creature.

“Fine.” Twilight smiled, she was at least happy her little dragon kept the demon from leaving the library.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR, YOU HORNED HORSE FREAK!!!!” The young mare’s ears perked up; their “visitor" had woken from his unintended sleep.

“Twilight isn’t a horned horse! She’s a unicorn!!” Spike snapped.

“Eh, A unicorn? You expect me to believe those things actually exist?” The red demon glared at the wyrm before him.

“Oh look Spike,” Twilight smirked. “He can speak in a decent tone.” she said sarcastically, receiving a little laugh from her young assistant.

“LET ME OUT! I’LL KILL THE BOTH OF YOU!!” He started to kick his legs out; he hoped to get in a free shot.

“Oh, calm down,” The unicorn rolled her eyes. “First question, who are you?” She asked getting closer to the creature; trying to take in better details now that he was awake.

“I am Momotaros,” He stopped squirming, watching as the young mare circled around him. “What’s your name?”

“My name is Twilight Sparkle,” She answered as she came back to the front of the demon. “This is my assistant, his name is Spike.” She pointed to the dragonling.

“Hey.” The assistant waved.

“Yo, What‘s up,” Momotaros gave the young dragon a friendly, reassuring nod. “Now if you wouldn’t mind, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!” he stomped the ground with a thunderous effect.

“Not until I know what exactly it is that you want.” Twilight threw her mane back; she inched herself closer to the red demon. “Also with that magic bind I put on you, you will not be leaving anytime soon.”

“A magic bind?” Momotaros asked, turning his horned head to look at the invisible chains that held his body. “Heh, I could break those binds anytime, you might as well let me go now!!” He looked back at the young mare; a sly grin crossed his face.

“Oh, really?” Twilight’s ears perked. “Then go ahead, I’d like to see you try!” She returned him with a grin of her own; she wanted to see what this “Momotaros” got.

Silence filled the room once more as the two looked at one another; the sound of a large crow from outside echoed through the tree home. Neither being did anything as the minutes ticked by.

“What do you wanna know?” Momo's head fell in complete shame; his bluff was blow right out of the water.

“Good,” Twilight smiled; victory was hers. “Now for my next question, where are you from?”

“I come from the Denliner,” Momotaros sighed. “And it was a few days ago when…”

“What’s a “Denliner?” The young mare piped up, her quill pen floating above her mane as she took notes.

“Heh, You ask a lot of stupid questions don’t you pony?” The red demon snorted; the lavender pony just rolled her eyes. “Denliner is a train that travels through time, and we…”

“Travels through what??” The young dragon was the next one to interrupt, the look on his face said that he was already lost and the story was way over his head.

“TIME! IT TRAVELS THROUGH TIME!!” Momotaros stomped the ground with a thunderous effect. “Now, as I was saying; it was a few days ago when…”

“How does it travel through time?” The young mare interrupted again, her eyes glued to the demon as her mind followed every word he was saying. “I mean not even the Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are capable of that kind of magic. How is it possible for an inanimate object like a train to have the kind of power to…?

“I DON’T KNOW!! IT JUST DOES!” Momo erupted, like a steamed peach exploding. “Do you want to hear the rest of the story, or not??”

“Fine!!” Twilight’s eyes rolled around in her head, this creature was going to take some getting used to.

“Good! Anyway it was a few days ago and…” the red demon paused, if one of them was going to interrupt they should do it now; silence fell into the room. “And we were on our way through the sands of time, when…”

“Wait sands of time?” Momotaros’ wanted to strangle the unicorn that stood in front of him. “You mean like the sand in an hour glass?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, like sand in an hour glass,” the red demon answered with a soft nod. “But it was then,” The tone of the creature grew grim, the image of the past replaying through his mind. “We were attacked by that smiling Imagin.”

“What’s an Imagin?” This time it was the young assistant - it was tough, but he tried his hardest to keep up with the story.

This time the locked of creature didn’t shout, in fact it was like he was smiling. A low laugh escaped his throat, he was happy that they asked that question.

“Imagins are demons that travel through time,” He answered, his tone grew very dark. “We’re creatures that make contracts with others, and in the end we make their times ours.” He said - his glare aimed at both the animals that stood in front of him.

“Wait, ‘we’re?’” The young mare piped up, feeling the strength from the red creature’s gaze.

“Yeah!” Momotaros snorted. “I’m one of these demons that wish to end your time!” He smiled. “Are you scared of me now?”

The room fell quiet, the star-marked pony just sat there under the “Imagin's” glare. Spike eyes flew back and forth in between the two that had fallen deathly quiet; a few minutes went by before the young unicorn spoke.

“No,” She spoke softly. “I don’t think you’re evil at all.”

“Heh, you’re just like him,” Momotaros laughed. “Always looking for the best in people.”

“Who’s ‘him?’”

This time, it was the red demon’s turn to cause the silent in the room; nearly a minute went by before he spoke. “His name is Ryoutarou,” He slowly answered; his tone this time. “He is the person I created a contract with.” He finished, turning his head away from their gaze; he tried to hide his depression.

Twilight could see that this wasn‘t something that Momotaros wanted to discuss; she decided it was the best idea to not mess with such a dangerous button. “So, what happened on the Denliner?” The young mare finally spoke up.

“Ah, yeah.” the Oni Imagin was more than happy to obliged to the change of subject. “We were attacked by another Imagin, he attacked and derailed the train; and then me and those other idiots fell out of the Denliner.”

“Wait!” The wyrm jumped back into the conversation. “Others?” Spike looked at the red demon.

“Yeah, others fell with me off the train.” Momotaros eyes darted around the tree house.

“Are they your friends?” Twilight looked back up at the demon as her quill continued to write notes. “Are they also here as well?

“My friends?” The Imagin gave a slight chuckle at the thought. “I wouldn’t call them that; but yeah, I suppose they are here in this town.” He smirked at the two smaller creatures that stood in front of him. “Will you let me go? So that I can go find them?”

“I don’t know, “The young mare’s eyes looked back over her note. “What makes you think that I can trust you?” She could tell that he had no ill intention, but something of this situation felt very familiar; as if this situation had happened before.

“Heh, compared to the others…” Momotaros caught the pony’s gaze. “I’m the only one you can trust!” he answered in a serious tone.

Silence filled the room again, the lavender mare trying her best to contemplate what the red demon told her and Spike.

“I don’t know,” She said softly, turning her head away from the red Imagin. “I think it would be best idea to consult with Princess Celestia.” She walked over to her writing station; with a piece of magic paper, Twilight started writing to her teacher.

“Hey, lizard.” Momotaros leaned down, whispering to the young dragon.

“Yeah.” Spike looked back up to the red demon, he was more comfortable with him now then he was earlier; perhaps it was because he hadn’t had another guy to talk to in a long time.

“Who’s Princess Celestia?” The red demon asked the wyrm; his eyes traveling to the star-marked pony that was busy writing away.

“Oh, Princess is the most powerful pony in all Equestria; she is also the one to teach Twilight in the way of magic,” He answered. “She’s an Alicorn, her magic is so strong she can raise the sun and lower it at will; as well as the moon.”

“Oh, re-really?!?!” the sweat started to accumulate down the side of his face. “And what would she do if she doesn‘t like me?” the red demon asked with a gulp.

“Well,” Spike thought carefully. “I don‘t really know of many of her punishments,” Spike looked to the ceiling. “I suppose that she would turn you to stone, or maybe even banish you to the moon?” Spike answered with a smile; he felt no worry for the Imagin, any of those solutions would be only of a last resort of the sun Princess.

“Banish me… to the mooooon…” The red demon’s voice trailed off as his imagination began to take over.

….

The moon; a large rock in space, one that was the closest thing to the planet that it encircled. It was a dark, cold, and lonely place to spend all of eternity on.

If sound could be replicated on this airless rock, then a thud-like sound would be made arithmetically; across the rock a figure was slowly making its way around it. The red demon was slowly bouncing alternatively between his front side and his back side as he made his way across the moon.

“Moon-Moon-taros.” were the last words the red demon said as Momotaros slowly bounced off to the dark side of the moon, away from the warm light of the sun.

Spike jerked back as the once lost in thought demon made it move. Momotaros slowly stood up; his head nearly touching the ceiling as towered over everything in the library.

Twilight turned around seeing their visitor standing like a statue; for nearly a minute he didn’t make a single move. Both the young mare and dragon just watched to see what was it that the Imagin was about to do; Momotaros slowly took in a deep breath.

“GYAAAAAAAAH!” The red demon suddenly to off through the room. “I DON’T WANNA BE SENT TO THE MOON!! I DON’T WANNA BE SENT TO THE MOON!!!” He screamed at the top of his lungs; he ran through the room, hoping to find anyway to escape.

“Momotaros, please calm down!” Twilight head snapped back and forth; she watched as their visitor ran around like some kind of nut.

“I DON’T WANNA! I DON’T WANNA!!” he screamed; his window of opportunity started coming into view. “The door!” He put all the strength into his legs that he could muster.

“Wait, Momo!” Spike called out, following the large creature; he sort of felt like somehow that he had some doing in this situation.

“No way! I’m out of here!!” The red demon called out, his body bursting through the front doors of the library.

With one foot out of the library the magic binds dissolved, but so did Momotaros; sand started to fall to the ground right where the demon had once stood. Both the animals that he ran out on walked up to the doorstep where the sand had accumulated.

“Um, Momotaros?” Twilight asked as she looked over what could have been a dead body; the two animals’ faces got closer to the pile of sand.

“Yes!” Both the young mare and dragonling jumped in the air; the red demon had popped up from the sand, well almost. His body seemed to be cut in half, the legs seemed to come from nowhere from above while his abdomen and up seemed to come from the ground; his body seemed to now be made of sand. Like this, Momotaros “stood” at about eye level with the lavender pony.

“Whoa, that’s just creepy!” Spike said - pointing out the strange form the Imagin took on.

“What are you talking about lizard?” The legs started to walk on nothing as Momo came back into the library; soon as he made it past the doors, the two parts of his body became one once again as his sandy body returned to with.

“Um, you’re body.” Twilight answered, her eyes lifting up higher to see the new placement of the Oni’s face.

“My body?” Momotaros asked, lifting his hands to his face to understand; a few minutes went by, the red Oni was not seeing whatever they were talking about.

“My arms!” He jumped up at the sudden realization. “I can use them again!!” The magic binds that had once kept his arms tied down were now gone; he had now full control of his body.

The young mare just stood there as she watch the Imagin started trying to get the blood pumping back into his arms; he did this with some swift punches, kicks, shoulder swirling, and for some reason acting like a chimpanzee.

“Well thanks horse, lizard!!” Momotaros stopped; his eyes looking between the two creatures and the door in front of him. “I need to leave now and get those idiots back before they make a mess of everything.” While messaging his shoulders; he took one step outside.

The star-marked pony watched as the Imagin accumulated into a pile of sand. Momotaros returned to his half and half-like figure with a sudden pop; he brought his hands back to his face, his arms dripped in sand. The red demon took the time to carefully think over the situation, the feet above him slowly tapping on the invisible ground.

“GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!” Momotaros let out a high pitched scream; realization on his predicament finally kicking in.

The young mare just stood there watching the demon make a fuss, sweat continued to drip down the back of her neck. Only one questioned remained in Twilight’s head, “Was this guy some kind of idiot?”