• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,082 Views, 16 Comments

A Change of Fate - Rainbow_Flash



Scootaloo makes a wish that changes her life forever.

  • ...
2
 16
 2,082

The Wish

The bell ringed three times. Rrring, rrring, rrring! I ran out of the classroom, leaving before Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon could embarrass me for being a blank flank. I turned to go get my scooter, which I had left on the other side of the schoolhouse. The red scooter was sitting faithfully on the ground, and waited for a day of stunts and adventure. I leaped onto my scooter, and grabbed my helmet. Strapping it on, I buzzed my wings and pushed my hoof against the ground to gain speed. My tiny hummingbird wings were helping me gain speed, and the school disappeared behind me. The world disappeared. All I focused on was where I was going- pebble, turn! The sharp turn made me lose a bit of speed, but soon I got even faster. I turned onto Mane Street, heading towards a barrel and I let the scooter and I soar above it- the trick went in slowmo. I saw the splintered dark wood glaring at me, wishing I had stepped on it. I let my rear legs lift into the sky for a moment, yelling a quick "woo hoo!"

I landed smoothly, the scooter's tornadoes spitting out gravel at passing ponies. A purple pony was in front of me. "Out of the way!" I yelled, actually grinning at myself. This would be easy to do. The pony turned to look at the incoming missile, and I saw those eyes. I laughed! They were wide and terrified. I leaped off my scooter, letting my wheels slide underneath the pony while I leaped above her. I safely landed on my scooter, thrilled and full of adrenaline. I continued fluttering my tiny wings, dodging ponies. The road ahead turned, and I moved with the path. I grin and whoop as I move faster! When the fence appeared, I froze. My wings still pumping, I yelled as loud as I could. Then I crashed, and I was flung over onto a rock. My leg throbbed, and when the dust settled, I saw a big purple bruise. In a mound of dirt a few feet away, a broken red scooter sat. The paint was scratched, the wood was splintered, and the handle had fallen off.

"My scooter! It'll take a ton of bits to get a new one." I moaned. I gazed at the one bit I had brought with me. Stupid fence. I sat and sighed. Like this day could get any worse. Behind me, though, I remembered hitting a rock, and turned around. Something like a boulder must've been near there. And what I saw was a dusty old well. It was crafted out of rocks and had a wooden roof covered with leaves and other muck. I curiously stepped up to a dingy sign next to it. 'The Wishing Well" sounded like the kind of well where you threw in a bit and made a wish. Except this one wasn't polished and shiny, with clean water. It was the exact opposite. Cobwebs were inside, and moss was growing on the rocks. Not to mention the foul smell.

I looked up at the sky, spying a fading rainbow in the distance. Then I looked at the well, my broken scooter, and my gold bit. It couldn't hurt to make a wish in the well, right? I thought about everything I could wish for- even if they didn't come true. A cutie mark, tons of money, being popular, winning the lottery- no wait, thats the same as getting tons of bits. Spying the almost-gone rainbow, it dawned on me on what I should wish for.

Holding out the bit over the rustic well, I threw the coin down. It landed on the water with a plop and was the brightest item down there. It shimmered through the darkness, and suddenly the light disappeared. Huh? Pssh, what a stupid wishing well. I couldn't even get my bit back now. I trotted to my scooter, and sighed. Now I have to walk to the clubhouse. I ran away from the old well, dashing towards Sweet Apple Acres. Behind me, a magical, shimmering light rose out of the well. It exploding in a dazzling firework, but left the well unharmed. I hhoooppe yyoou llikee yourr wiiishhh, Ssscootalooo. I shrugged off the sound of the voice, and started brainstorming possible crusade ideas.

Author's Note:

Started this a while ago, and now I shall finally publish it, which was a.k.a right then. Now. Nevermind. Anyways, I am very busy, so don't expect frequent updates.