• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 370 Views, 0 Comments

The Mind Of A Beast - Thunderstorm1020



A spiritual successor to Silence of the Lambs, V for Vendetta, and The Bourne Trilogy

  • ...
 0
 370

Prologue: The First Stirrings

POLICE REPORT(Personal Account): Hotel Coltifornia, 7:12 PM, 12 Marech, 3 L.R.(Luna's Return)

I stood outside the hotel, my teammate Red Rose next to me. We had been called there by the owner about a drug dealer, who had been seen bringing several kilograms of clover and rage into Room 11, and was overheard planning a deal for that night, which Rose Red and I had every intention of ruining. We walked up to the door, and stared at each other, nodding to show our readiness, then knocking on the door, going through standard procedure.

"Canterlot Police Force, open up!" To our surprise, the door swung open, and the drug dealer stepped out, smiling in welcome, his eyes rimmed with red from not following the age-old rule of not sampling your own merchandise.

"Iss about time yous got here..." He said, obviously mistaking us for his buyers. "I gotsh yer protecshion money, offishers..." ...Guess not. Even blazed out of his mind, he knew a... Wait, did he say protection money?

*********************************

Mint Breeze walked away from the corpse of the pony dangling from the ceiling fan by it's neck, looking at his coat to make sure no blood had gotten on it. A few flecks had landed on his legs, but it seemed the gloves had done their job and kept most of it off. Good thing, too, he so hated having to wash out any impurities from his fur. He turned around to get a good look at the art he had created. The room was spattered with gore, the pony's blood dripping out like so much ink onto the Ponisian carpet... Such a waste of a good rug. He'd wanted to keep the rug for himself, but the pony had given him no choice, treating him like a lesser thing, when he had been the one stooping so low as to invite him over to make amends!

Mint took a deep breath, knowing it would have probably ended up the same regardless. As much of a shame it was to waste such a beautiful piece of art, he knew that at least it didn't belong to that swine of a pony anymore, no offense to any pigs. He gingerly stepped over the pony's head, and quickly made his exit from the former officer's house.