• Published 11th Feb 2013
  • 649 Views, 12 Comments

Lone wolf - Denza



Join Denza the wolf for a wild ride of acceptence amongst the ponies, and revenge against the griffins

  • ...
14
 12
 649

Pride

The sun bouncing off of Denza's coat as he surveys Ponyville wondering to press on. A light wind began to pick up rustling his fur, Denza closes his eyes. Why would the ponies not attack him? He's a wolf, a carnivore! He does not deny he has killed ponies just to stay alive. Denza opens his eyes to survey once more, and notices a cottage away from the village, but as lovely as that seems, he also sees little animals around. How long could he last with those animals before he eats them?

"Maybe the Griffins have gone, and there are a few left! We could always make a new pack..." Denza thought to himself.

Realising that any other pack member still alive is nothing more then a hope Denza falls to his side in sorrow sending dirt from the road flying everywhere around him.

"So what now? What will become of this cruel game the gods are playing with me?" He mutters to himself.

While laying Denza hears trots coming from deeper in the Everfree forest. Not wanting to be spotted Denza quickly got back on his paws and hurried up a tree without leaving any claw marks. Once he was in a favourable position to either hide or ambush Denza waited and listened. The trots have stopped, but no pony has come near the entrance.

"Was I imagining things?" Denza questioned himself. "No, I'm sure it was a pony!"

Denza began to wonder if he should wait until night to find a suitable area to camp, but was cut off when a pink blur came out of no where.

"Hi I'm Pinkiepie and-" Pinkie gasps so loudly it made Denza's ears twitch. "You're one of those wolves! Twilight told me you're all mean, is that true? Oh wait that doesn't matter I'm gonna thr-"

Denza cut Pinkie off by putting his tail over her mouth.

"You can not let any of the other ponies know I'm here, please!" Denza pleaded Pinkie with worry in his eyes. "I am not here to harm you, that much is certain!"

"Well can I at least let my friends know?" Pinkie asked removing Denza's tail.

Denza did not reply, instead he hopped off the tree and waltzed into the forest.

"Is that a yes?" Pinkie hollered hopping her new 'friend' heard her.


Denza made his way through the dark forests path that led to where his village hopefully still stands. Rounding the corner of the cliff's wall his village grounds came into view. Walking into the village Denza cringed at the thick smell of death and decay.
Corpses of wolves lie everywhere, from the warriors who fought, to baby pups, the Griffins killed without remorse! It has only been an hour and flys now inhabit the village, feasting upon Denza's brothers and sisters.

Denza has seen battle fields, but this was a slaughter fest. He only counted four Griffin bodies, one of which he took down. Denza went up to a Griffin body to examine it.

"They're becoming smarter! They wore armour on their necks this raid." He said kicking the body.

Deciding to not linger here Denza took a tent down and put it in a sack. Deciding not to stay this deep in the forest he should carry the sack to the edges on the forest, but far enough in to remain hidden and set the tent up there.
Traversing back down to where he first saw the pink pony who called herself Pinkiepie, Denza cleared an area in a nearby thicket. Halfway through clearing he spots a thorn bush.

"That can come in handy." Denza whispers.

Carefully tearing the thorn bush out, he drags it behind where he plans to build his shelter. After receiving a few small cuts from placement, Denza was satisfied to where it was. Now that a decent way to protect himself was up Denza dropped his sack and opened it. Taking out its contents were basic tent materials, large cloth, sturdy wooden poles to hold the tent up, and a smaller cloth to put on the ground.

While setting up the tent Denza hears more trotting, this time its coming from the direction town is located at. Denza completely froze hoping they wouldn't be able to see him through the thicket.

"Well Pinkie, where's this wolf you saw?" Asked a pony while punctuating wolf.

"Yeah Pinkie, where is he? Huh, did he run off?" Another with a rough voice spoke up.

"He was here about five minutes ago, he couldn't have gone far!" A softer voice stated.

Denza didn't want to risk being discovered, at least, not yet. He stood as still as he could until the ponies moved on. Denza waited for three minutes in low silent breaths until he couldn't hear them anymore.


Denza poked his head out of the thicket to make sure the coast really was clear. Upon doing so he saw a cake resting on top of a plate with a letter on it. Looking left then right he grabbed the plate with his tail and went back into the thicket. Denza set the plate down and continued to build his shelter.

With the sun nearly set, Denza took a step back to look at his work. A tan dome tent with red wolf paws painted on the left and right of the tent and an upside down crescent moon above the doorway.

"Not half bad, hope it can't be seen from out of the thicket..." Denza complimented himself while exiting his little thicket.
"Nope, perfect!" Denza stated.

Denza went back into the thicket at grabbed his sack and plate once more before heading into his tent. After throwing his sack into a corner he set the plate down next to it and picked up the letter in its place. Denza went to the other side of the tent and proceeded to lay down after dropping the note. Using his front paws, he moved the letter in front of him so he may read it.

" Dear Mr. Wolfy

I made this cake for you in hopes that we can become best friends. I know you don't need cake but Twilight said that on occasion you eat more then meat!
I don't know if I'll ever see you again but if i do I'd love to hear your name, I mean Mr. Wolfy is kind of silly!

Your friend

-Pinkie"

Denza looks at the cake before realising how late it really is. Quickly poking his head out side to check the moon he's happy as to what he sees. He completely removes himself from the tent and begins to howl.