• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 261 Views, 0 Comments

Melodies of a Valorous Vagabond - Smooth Tones



The story of Smooth Tones, starting from foalhood on to where he's at today. It's packed with adventure, tragedy, and super natural beings.

  • ...
 0
 261

Magic Lessons

It’s incredible how the smallest ideas can tend to have the largest impact. One day, I went up into the attic of the new Ponyville home and found my guitar. I had left it packed because I simply didn’t have much time to play it. Having found a gap of free time, I decided it may be a good idea. Blowing off the dust, I brought it up to me and Crystal’s room. Sitting up on a bookshelf, I began to strum a few chords. It had been so long but my talent had not faded. In minutes I was playing full on songs and I completely lost myself in the music. At some point, I had closed my eyes, and when I reopened them, Crystal was standing there with a wide grin.

At first I was confused, did she like the music? Then I realized that the floor was covered in books. Piles and piles of spell books and recipes that belonged to Crystal, all scattered about.

Confused I asked, “How did this happen?”

Grin still wide as anything, Crystal responded, “It was you.”

I was taken back. I did this? There was no way. I just had played my music. No magic, no nothing. Or was there?

“I think I have learned how we can get your to use your magic,” Crystal explained to me.

“I’m not sure I follow...” I said, still visibly lost.

“Your music,” she replied, “It can be used as a way to channel your magic.”

Unsure, I closed my eyes and began to play the chords again, sure enough I opened my eyes and my horn was giving off a magical aura, and I lifted the books up into the air. I spun them around and sent them dipping and diving around before returning them each to their own place on the shelves.

I had never smiled so brightly since I was a foal. The feeling was overwhelming. I didn’t know what to make of it, and ended up going more in depth with working with the magic. After many hours of trial and error, we had finally found a way to use my magic. I could start and stop small flames on command, and levitate several objects at a time. As I stated, I hadn’t been more happy in a long time. Next things decided to get a little complicated though.