• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 401 Views, 0 Comments

Depths of Despair - CEverw00d



After the revival of the Crystal Empire, Fade and Gearbox decide to visit the city. Fade's unclear intentions are soon revealed.

  • ...
 0
 401

Journal Accounts #1

Journal Entry #166

Something surprising has happened for the first time in a month! Fade, the same dark, dull, dust-collecting corner stump actually wanted to GO somewhere. We nabbed some warmer clothes for we're headed to the recently-arisen Crystal Empire. I'm completely dumbfounded by what could make him want to go there. Sure, a whole city and culture just popped out of the ground, but it could be raining gold and diamonds outside and he would never so much as think about stepping outside. He did ask me if I wanted to go, and I definitely do, but there's no way he's going because I want to, as depressing as that is. I guess he's genuinely curious about it. He did ask quite a few questions about it, way more than the usual topic allows for. I guess what we do is ultimately up to him; he's the main source of income and I'm really just freeloading.

But enough about him, this new plan for departure poses some valuable chances to gather materials and maybe even find the secrets to these gems and crystals and what gives them power, or at least what makes them special. Since my last entry, I've made little progress, but not zero. Energy cycling efficiency has been increased by 7% and overall output increased by 2%. Attempts to utilize this power have yielded making a flower's petal turn slightly more orange than yellow. The experiment in question was to turn the flower blue. I'm really hoping this visit to the Crystal Empire will yield some helpful insight. I've still made no progress as to acquiring a dragon of any kind to study its digestive abilities and how it harnesses simple jewels for nutrition.

There's not much else to report. I'll make sure to keep regular reports regarding our visit to the Crystal Empire and any hints I might find. I hope I can get some samples. If it's true that everything there is made of crystals, I'm not sure I'll be able to distinguish a rock on the ground from a pony's hoof. We'll find out tomorrow.

-Gearbox