• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 5,849 Views, 52 Comments

Lost Cries for Help - Lunafan1k

  • ...
9
 52
 5,849

Alternate Ending 1

The tears start flowing again, some get into my tea, adding a bit of a salty flavor, but I don’t care. I’m too busy thinking about all the fun and crazy adventures we had together since the very start. As I near the end of memory lane, I start to feel the emptiness once again, the pit of despair. The tears come faster, almost desperate to leave my eyes. I cover my face with my hooves and sob uncontrollably for a time.

I finally gain the will to move again, my final movements, all in the effort to make the pain go away. I tie an end of AJ’s strongest rope to the banister above me, and slide a chair directly underneath. I hold the picture of my friends and family to my chest as I rear back on my hind legs. I delicately tie the other end of the rope around my neck, giving it a swift tug to make sure it won’t come undone. I take one last look at the photo, tears streaming down my muzzle, as I take that one last step forward.

For a moment, I feel weightless as I free fall towards the floor, but all too soon I feel the rope burn as it digs into my neck. My world exploded in pain, my last thought before I begin frantically flailing my hooves is: I should have jumped off the balcony to have the rope painlessly break my neck.

Conscious thought is lost as survival instinct takes over. I grasp at the rope with my hooves, but my own weight pulls the rope in tighter, cutting off the last of the blood flow. I feel myself growing numb, my head and neck is in agony but the rest of my body feels non-existent. I feel the blood trickle out of my nose and my tongue roll out of my gaping mouth as the world fades to black, and soon, I feel myself fade as well.


It was late as Spike was walking home, a long day of fun with all his pony friends had left him on the verge of collapsing where he stood. As he drug his feet to the library, sweet thoughts of his comfortable bed filled his mind.

He eventually came to the front door of the library and let himself in. The first thing he saw was the mess of books and old toys of Twilight’s scattered about.

“Seriously? She could at least try to put things away…” Spike trailed off as he saw an unforgettable sight, Twilight hanging limply on the end of a rope tied to the banister. In a moment his exhaustion was forgotten as he ran up to Twilight.

“Twilight?! Twilight!” He yelled as he climed up the wall and cut the rope holding her up. He watched in horror as she hit the floor, her legs held stiffly against the contact, making her fall over like a block of wood. Rigor mortis has already fully set in.

He detached from the wall, tears flowing from his eyes as he cradled her cold, stiff body. He face was frozen, scrunched up in pain with her tongue sticking stiffly out of her mouth. The rope around her neck was imbedded deeply into the flesh, a large bruise on either side.

Spike was unable to do anything other than weep for his sister, mother, friend. He stayed by her side all through the night and most of the morning, until he heard a knock at the door.

“Twilight, Ah’ve come fer mah rope like Ah said Ah… would…” Applejack stopped in the doorway, there before her was Spike, cradling Twilight’s body.