• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 362 Views, 1 Comments

Ancient Curse Unleashed - DesertRainstorm



An ancient Magic has been unleashed causing changes in Everypony in Equestria. It's up to the main six along with a new pony to fix it. How is this all going to turn out?

  • ...
 1
 362

New Names


"Well this is just a great mess" Nova muttered as the packed lunch exploded.
"Lighten up Nova," Chuckled Rainbow as she lazily flew above their heads.
The twenty-three year old just gave the multi-colored haired woman a sharp glance. She then returned to fixing the mess that Twilight had caused from her nervousness at the prospect of failing her mentor and all of Equestria. Nova allowed a small sigh to escape, she remembered when she was first taken in by the ruling sisters. Nova's mind wandered to the two young Pegasi that she had taken under her wing. Peppermint Twist or Pepper as she preferred to be called, was the quieter of the two, her red and white mane and body, she was a Zebra Pegasus, very uncommon in Cloudsdale. Mint Chocolate, the other youngster, was a black Pegasus, with green tipped wings and her mane was a chocolate and green color.

"You thinking of somepony?" Fluttershy's quiet voice snapped Nova out of her thoughts.
"Yeah, two youngsters I look out for," Nova replied, pulling out an old photo.
Nova noted with some surprise that it had changed when the transformation hit. The photo showed the human Nova with her arms draped around two young girls, one with green and brown hair, the other with red and white hair. The girl with the green and brown hair had black-green tipped wings and was wearing light grey clothing contrasting her amber colored eyes. Peppermint Twist was wearing light blue clothing that matched her eyes and her wings stayed red.
"These are the youngsters," Nova said showing the photo to Fluttershy.
"They seem to be enjoying themselves here," Fluttershy noted.
"Yeah, That's Mint Chocolate, and Peppermint Twist or Pepper as she likes to be called," Nova explained pointing to the two, "They must be so confused right now."
Fluttershy handed the photo back to the amber eyed woman. Nova ruffled her dark toned hair. Fluttershy could tell it was out of concern. Since Fluttershy was the Element of Kindness, she was able to tell when someone was genuinely concerned for someone. Nova Burst's wings fluttered slightly. She let out a simple sigh and drew her sword, it illuminated with a blue-grey glow and she was now holding a broadsword.
"What is it?" Twilight asked glancing sharply at Nova.
"I don't know Twi," Nova said quietly one of her tattered ears twitched.
With a pink glow Twilight had pulled out her sword and motioned for Rarity to do the same. Within the same pink glow Twilight's wings appeared. Nova jumped back in shocked and had lofted herself into the air. What was more noticeable was that Nova had gone Crystal.
"What the heck is that?" both Twilight and Nova exclaimed at the same time.
Nova set back down on the ground before replying, "My father was a Crystal Unicorn, my mom was a Cha- Pegasus from Cloudsdale. Hence why I am what I am."
"Completed a spell that turned me into an Alicorn," Twilight replied.
"You were a Unicorn for most of your life weren't you?" Nova asked.
"Yes," Twilight answered, confused.
"Explains a lot," Nova nodded.
"What is that supposed to mean?" Twilight inquired.
"Your wings came at a later time than the most part of the transformation," Nova responded with a shrug.
A branch snapped behind them and Nova unleashed a blast of magic in the shape of a blue and purple striped star with three black nuclear rings. Once the light from the magic dissipated they heard someone swear viciously. A man about Nova's age came out of the bushes. He had red eyes, but his hair was red and blue much like the jacket he was wearing. He dusted off his blue jeans and looked up at Nova.
"What the heck Blaze? I could have hurt you," Nova inquired, her arms crossed.
"Nov, what brings you out here?" Wild Blaze asked.
"Helping the Elements of Harmony. Don't tell me you lost track of Thunder Strike again didn't you?" Nova inquired with a smirk.
"Yeah, and Ashwood won't tell me where he took off to," Wild sighed.
"Hon, you might want to try asking Mint, she'll know where Thunder went," Nova said gently.
"Okay, I'll see you when you get back?" Wild asked.
"Of course but I get the feeling that Luna and Celestia would wish to speak to me success or failure," Nova replied.
"Is that good or bad?" Pinkie inquired.

"Depends on Luna's mood," Nova replied offhandedly as she watched Wild use a transportation spell.
"What do ya mean?" Applejack inquired.
"Nothing," Nova answered as she returned the remains of the packed lunch back to it's bag.
Pinke, AJ, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash also began packing their bags again. Something changed about Nova's demeanor, Her wings were tightly closed to her body and she seemed as if her mind was racing. As soon as Nova packed the last of the stuff in her bag, she set off with the mane six following behind her.
"Who exactly was that, and who are Ashwood and Thunder Strike?" Rarity inquired rushing to keep up with Nova.
"How about we focus at the matter at hand?" Nova replied.
"Is there something difficult about answering?" Rarity returned.
"I promise to tell you after we get done with the task at hand," Nova responded.

Author's Note:

All the unfamiliar characters mentioned here are mine. Nova is lying to Twilight for a reason, which you'll find out shortly. Hurray for updates and my realizing the original version of this was total crap.