• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 783 Views, 32 Comments

Light in the Shadows - Shadowbot739



Another mission gone wrong, what else is new, but its not like I got anything to look forward to, they just want me dead

  • ...
3
 32
 783

Plans and Bones

The plan is perfect but, the mater is how the heck am I going to fool them. “It’s not like I can just turn into one of them, or… no, I abandoned that way of life a long time ago.”

“Where are you coward?” said a voice.

“Just my luck, why don’t they just give up, I clearly showed them they can’t stop me” I thought as I started to back deeper into the forest.

“Rainbow Dash, he must be deep in there by now” said Twilight

“Why it have to be her, just curse it”

“Fine but, we shouldn’t let that no good thief get away…” answered Rainbow Dash

I waited in silence for what I think been 8 minutes, just to be sure they left. “I guess I got no choice, since I got no other effective possibilities, I must transform myself into one of them. Strange how of all the druidic powers I failed at, I was able get some sort of transformation down, but it been so long since I tried and this is a form I doubt anyone tried before”.

My stomach started to growl, “I made the right choice in taking a few apples with me” I said as I pulled out the pair of apples, I notice that one of them was crushed, "that must be why my side hurts, must’ve landed on it”.

“Now that that is taken care of, I now need to think of the possible downsides to transforming if I can do it at all. Well, I wouldn’t have thumbs clearly hindering my ability to do much of anything in the ways of bladed combat. I also would need to make myself new armor, though that wouldn’t be a problem as I always carry leather and thread around, I always have question how these bags hold much more than they should”. With the general problems dealt away I decided on taking the risk, “heck I could change back if I need to”.

“Now I must try”, I then removed my armor and set my gear aside. “How did I go about this? It had been a long time”.

“Let the edge of nature come, let it flow to you as the shadows do” a strange voice answered.

I let myself ease, and then I slowly transformed. “Thank you”, a smile crept up onto my face “Cenarius, even though I turned my back on the ways of the druids, I still will thank you”.

“Now, I really need to get used to walking on all fours”. After about an hour of falling on my face every other step, I think I finally got the hang of it. “Well I now know that I can walk, maybe run. I must figure out how I am going to fight like this if I need to”. I reached out to grab one of my daggers as of instinct and picked it up. I stared at my hoof for what seem like an hour, then thought “how the heck did I pick that up with a hoof, you know what, I don't care... I’m just happy I can somehow do that. Now I need to make some armor just, what in what form I should make it, since clearly based off of my current one isn't going to cut it”.

“I guess I can base it off of some of my favorite sets of armor, well there is; Netherblade, Bonescythe, Vengeful Gladiator, Opportunist’s Battlegear, and Conqueror’s Terrorblade”. I examined the materials I had to work with, I had plenty of leather, some rare gems along with some other strange stuff I that I had no clue how I obtained them. “Well I’m not going to use the Vengeful gladiator unless I plan on giving them a heart attack upon sight, Netherblade contains some rare stuff that I just don’t have, so that’s scratch 2. Bonescythe is simple looking but, it also contains really rare materials I just can’t risk using right now. Opportunist’s Battlegear is simple, yet practical, its base design is good for those who are new to this kind of stuff and don’t want to be all that flashy. Conqueror’s Terrorblade tends to put some fear into those who lay eyes upon it and along with the mask might just drive them off”. I check once more on my supplies. “Well since I’m not going to be using a mask and I want to put some fear into their heads to keep unwanted questions away, Conqueror’s Terrorblade will be the best option to go with”. I start to get to work on cutting away the parts of leather I need to start making the armor.

(humanoid version)

“Again, I have no clue how I am able to hold anything at all, but I somehow did it.” I stand back to look at my handiwork. “Perfect, and with the left over leather I was able to convert my bags into saddle bags, added some spots on my armor to conceal my weapons and an easy way to access my poisons.” I start sliding into the armor. Starting with the main body armor first, then adding the bracers, and finally the extra gear such as a necklace, and trinkets. “Well that fits much better than I thought it would for a first try, and I guess I should get some sleep as arriving in the middle of the night would be very suspicious”.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well with that spider out of the way and its poison finally worn off, I should get moving again”.

I start to move back into the room with the dead spider and took a look around, but I saw nothing and moved to the next. I walked into a cold and dark room, once my eyes fully adjusted, my past questions were answered, but new ones came. “Well, that’s a lot of bones, almost exceeds… no, that’s never going to happen, that just can’t happen. Now the question is where the heck did these bones come from” I quickly glanced up “nope, no giant spider”. I looked around, seeing nothing but stone walls and bones all over the floor.
“Well I guess I can move on now, wait… did… I see that bone move?” I crept slowly across the bones to where I thought I saw one move, before I was able to reach it, the bone started to float. “Well I’m in trouble, the last time that happened, a giant bone dragon formed up”. Just as I thought, bones started to swirl around the first bone to rise but, more bones started to group separately, once it stopped swirling around, a creature was formed. “Is this some cruel joke...? Bone wolves, two things that I dislike fighting, wolves’, cause they easily get through my stealth. Bones, being immune to poisons, and hard to take on with slashing and stab based weapons. Just…what the heck”.

The Bone wolves, four in all, all started to run towards me and I doing what I do best in spots like this, I chose to run. I moved fastest I could; but I quickly realized that the wolves will catch up to me eventually. “Well if I can’t stab them, maybe I can break them apart with the very material they are made of, after all there are plenty of bones to go around”.

Scooping up a sizeable bone I turned around, then I tumbled beneath the wolf that clawed at where I just was. I took a whack at the wolf’s leg and the leg shattered.

“Gwarrrah”

I jumped back to my feet and attempted to run again but, one of the other wolves slammed into me sending me tumbling into the wall.

“Dang that hurt” I took a deep sigh, “I didn’t want to do this but, DIE IN FIRE!” I yelled as I pulled out a goblin land mine, armed it and tossed it towards the center of the group.

“awwwoh?” the wolves stopped for a moment looking at the mine. The mine exploded, sending shreds of shattered bones everywhere.

“Wow, I didn’t think they would fall for that” I said in astonishment, “I better get rid of the one with the broken leg”. I walked towards the wolf and raised the bone I held and slammed it down on its head, shattering it completely.

I start to look around for possible rooms, but I saw none. “There got to be something, it can’t just be a deathtrap”. Before I could go on my rant on where the next room could be, I found it. By falling into a pitfall trap.