• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 2,961 Views, 107 Comments

Okami: Equestrian Legend - Shaq-of-All-Trades



When Twilight reads an ancient scroll and awakens a dark curse, only one can save Equestria... and that one is now a pony.

  • ...
7
 107
 2,961

Not Giving A Buck

Amaterasu, Issun, Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Bell stood before the barrier. Issun looked to Ammy, and her to him. "Well, let's see if that fancy new gear of yours is all that. Try taking down this barrier, furball." Amaterasu rolled her eyes, then placed her hoof out towards the barrier. The sun on her breastplate began to glow like the sun in the sky, and Ammy could feel power running through her. Her hoof was burning red, and drawing back, she punched it into the barrier with all she had. For a moment, nothing happened. Issun prepared to chastise her, when a crack formed. It spread all along the barrier, a light forming beneath it. With an explosion as bright as the sun, the barrier shattered, revealing a broken down barn and house. Applebloom gasped in dismay.

"The farm!" she cried, running towards the house. The other two fillies followed, though Ammy and Issun were more interested in seeing the barn. Dark magic was coming from beneath the door. Something evil was in there, and it was much stronger than the statue had been. Issun stood on Ammy's nose and drew his blade. His body seemed tense.

"Furball, we're still at a disadvantage. You don't have many new brush techniques, and we could barely handle that piece of rock with the ones you do have. If we're going to fight this next demon, we're going to have to sharpen our minds and prepare our bodies. I know that I may be sounding kinda sappy, and it more than likely has something to do with this place, but I gotta let you know something... you're my best friend, Ammy." Issun turned to the sleeping face of Amaterasu. She had fallen asleep sometime near the beginning, because it had sounded like it'd be a really boring speech. An anger mark appeared on Issun's head as he began to shout. "Wake up ya jerk! That was heartfelt and really hard to say!"

Ammy woke with a start, then let out a yawn. She looked Issun in the eye with a bored expression that seemed to say, 'Mind repeating that? And maybe not so boring this time?' The Poncle let out a huff and turned.

"If you don't care what I have to say, then let's just go and fight this thing already. And don't come complaining to me if you lose! I don't care."

Ammy sighed, and slowly made her way to the barn. The red wooden building seemed to be holding its breath, waiting to reveal what was inside. Ammy's hoof rose slowly, and at the faintest touch, the doors burst open. A roar burst from the barn, and tendrils of darkness shot out. Amaterasu leaped backwards to a safe distance and watched in horror as a face appeared in the darkness of the barn. It grinned and let out a cackle.

"Ah... so the little goddess wishes to defeat me once more. But do you know, Amaterasu, that I have been given a new form? A greater power? With it, I shall redeem myself from my previous failures! From the barn stomps a clawed foot... then appears seven more. A body raises itself out, and its identity is revealed.

"Is that the Spider Queen?!" Issun and Amaterasu both looked at the massive figure of darkness before them. Indeed, it was the Spider Queen, though she barely resembled her old self. Her white legs had become bloated and black; her abdomen had bloated as well, and was fully opened revealing blood red petals and her multitude of eyes; the biggest change however was her face. Somehow, it had grown even uglier. "Ammy, this isn't going to be pretty.... Good Luck!" With that, Issun leaped into her fur.

Ammy took a moment to pick her jaw up from off the ground before striking a low battle pose. She'd defeated the Spider Queen before, and she could do it now. All she had to do was open her abdomen... but how could she do that? She no longer had Power Slash or Vine. She was in a bind, and her momentary lapse gave Spider Queen the perfect opportunity to strike. The giant spider woman leaped into the air, appearing as a speck before the sun, before crashing down onto the spot where Amaterasu had been but a second before. Though Ammy had avoided the majority of the blow, a rock flew out and hit her above the eye. Golden ichor poured out and forced her to close it.

"I can taste your pain... it is like a drug to me. I will enjoy feasting on you thoroughly!" The Spider Queen turned around, aiming her abdomen. Globules of webbing shot out, which the goddess was easily able to avoid. However, she noticed too late that the Spider Queen hadn't been aiming at her. She'd been aiming at the ground around her. Ammy moved to dodge another shot when her hooves became glued to the ground. She struggled to lift her hooves when the Spider Queen walked over and swiped her away. Her back hit the edge of the barn and she collapsed to the ground.

"Furball!" Issun cried out as he hopped from her fur. "Use that Healing technique on yourself, quick! I can't lose you now, not after all we've been through!" Ammy grinned, and the sight brought forth light in Issun's heart. Forcing herself up, Ammy drew the healing smile on herself, and felt it's power take effect. No longer did her body hurt from being smacked around, and no longer did she feel the cut above her eye. "Listen Ammy, I know I said I wouldn't help ya, but you're going to get us killed as is. Now, I can remember that we have to get her abdomen open if we want to beat her..."

Amaterasu gave him the 'Duh,' look.

"...don't look at me like that, mutt. I can't tell what you know since we both have this weird amnesia. Anyways, we have to get her abdomen open. But since our old techniques don't work, we'll have to get creative. Now, I noticed that her webbing is really strong and stretchy... Maybe we could use that against her?" Ammy's eyes brightened like the sun. Snagging Issun in her mouth, she ran before the Spider Queen.

"Oh, so you wish to perish sooner? I shall comply!" the arachnid taunted, before positioning herself to spray out more webbing. Ammy immediately started dashing left, arcing her way around the Spider Queen. Blobs of webbing landed all behind her, slowly forming a ring. When she made her way back, the Spider Queen had stopped shooting in frustration. "Annoying little bug!"

"You're the bug!" Issun said as Ammy confidently grinned from the ground. "And it looks like you just fell for our trap." Using Exchange, Amaterasu brought the webbing up to connect to the hooks on her abdomen ("Get a new body and keep the same old weaknesses? WEAK!"), wrenching it open. Four eyes on stalks looked at her with an intense hatred.

From above, a sword crashed into the ground before Ammy. It was a beautiful blade, pink and encrusted with gems. A familiar voice came with it. "A little elemental gift, ma cherie." Ammy knew what to do with it; she could practically smell the holy power coming from the weapon. Gripping it in her mouth, she dashed forward with an amazing spring in her step. She leaped high like the rising sun, and with a decisive blow, sliced through all four stalks at once. The glaive seemed to give her more strength, almost as if it had generously passed the energy from the dying Spider Queen to her.

"Aaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhh!!!" the Spider Queen shrieked her death squalls. Darkness peeled off of her in layers, her body shrinking until she was as she once was. "My body... my power... I am sorry, Lord Orochi. I have failed you...." With those last words, the monster faded into a little flower that blew on the wind.

"All right! We won, furball! Now, let's hear one of those famous victory howls of yours!" Ammy crouched down low, and unleashed a mighty howl. Her elemental plate glowed brightly, and color exploded outward, washing the land in cheerfulness and joy! Soon, the barn and the house were vivid again, and a cheerful shriek came from the house. It seemed that something good had happened. Before Ammy could go to investigate, she felt the urge to inspect the barn, which still seemed strangely dark....

Walking in, Amaterasu and Issun saw another constellation above. Knowing what to do, Ammy filled in the missing stars, and was filled with a feeling of trust. It was as if nothing could lie to her ever again. "Yeeeeee hawwwwwww!" came a southern voice from all around them. Galloping from the stars with a lasso spinning came a country pony with an awesome hat. "Boy, howdy! That was some rodeo, rustling up all them star critters! Did you know there's animals o' all kinds just a racing all o'er the place! Was sure fun while it lasted!"

"Wow, you're pretty spunky!" Issun hopped over. "What's your name?"

"Applejack's the name, and it sure is nice to meet ya! Thanks for rescuin me an all." Applejack held her hoof up to the Poncle, who awkwardly shook it. Applejack then held her hoof up to Ammy. "May I ask who you two are?"

"I'm the wandering artist, Issun the Poncle, and that is my companion, Amaterasu. I prefer the name Ammy though."

Amaterasu nodded her head, and shook Applejack's hoof. As their hooves connected though, the same light came over AJ as it had the other ponies. An orb of light shot forth into Ammy, and the mysterious voice appeared:

"Oh, Amaterasu, origin of all that is good in Nippon and mother to them all. You have rescued another Element of Harmony, and my power has grown even stronger. Soon, I will be able to answer all your questions. For now, all I can tell you is that you and I are of the same nature. Our bond is one that can not be broken, despite our lack of seeing one another since my long, long slumber. Know, that when we meet, our power shall fix what has been broken. Now, from this element, take the technique of the Power Buck, and defeat evil with your might."

As the light faded, a memory nagged at the back of Ammy's head. It was as if some ancient connection was being reestablished, one she hadn't known for quite some time. Issun obviously didn't feel the same, because he was hopping with excitement. "Another brush technique, another brush technique! This is great! I'll be the greatest artist in every land there is! Come on, furball, we've still got work to do!"