• Published 18th Jan 2013
  • 484 Views, 6 Comments

The wondrous adventures of Pinkie Pie, on a completely normal day. - SwordFlare



Everypony always wonders about Pinkie Pie. You do, and so do I. So what exactly IS IT she gets up to, when she isn't busy saving the world, or accidentally destroying it? Let's find out!

  • ...
1
 6
 484

The average day... Or IS IT?

Chapter 1 - The average day... Or IS IT?


"Howdy!" Pinkie Pie greeted one of her friends as they walked by, a stallion with a yellow coat and a golden mane.

Pinkie was bored, and she was out for some FUN! Who knows what she could've get up to now that she'd got some time off work, and nothing was happening?

She spotted her first source of fun - Applejack, some way across the sunny lit street of Ponyville.

Happily, Pinkie bounced at a steady, yet leisurely pace towards Applejack. For some reason, Applejack seemed to glance up from her stall, where she was busily selling apples, spot pinkie pie, showed a little concerned expression on her face, and then quickly wiped it off and pretended she'd not seen the fluffy pink pony, inbound on her position.

As Pinkie arrived, she was determined to have a good chat with her friend. "Heya Applejack! How're you doing on this fine sunny morning?" She exclaimed joyfully.

"Ahh, well, Nothin' really Pinkie. Nope, just selling some apples to some customers. Nothin' of interest to ya at all." Applejack said as she served a patiently waiting mare, who deposited her bits, and left with a sack of juicy apples in her mouth. "Y'all come back now, y'here?". The pony, having spotted Pinkie Pie, sped up to an accelerated walk. She did NOT want to get tangled with the randomness of that pony.

Pinkie looked at Applejack oddly. "Nothin'?" She asked inquisitively.

"Nothin'." Applejack reassured her with a grin on her face.

"Nothin'?"

This second 'Nothin' was the turning point in which Applejack realised she might not escape without a seriously confused mind.

"Nothin', Pinkie. Honest, as honest can be. I'm just doing business as usual!

The pink mare, decided to start a staring contest with Applejack, and find the truth. As many tries had revealed to Pinkie, the staring contest never lied.

Never.

As she stared more into the golden eyes, she realised that Applejack really wasn't hiding anything, and withdrew her obtrusive glare.

"Oookey-dokie-lokie..." Pinkie Pie gave Applejack one of her suspicious looks, just because she enjoyed doing it so much.

As she trotted off into the distance, Applejack breathed out a sigh of relief. "Honestly. I really AM doing nothin' this time. When will that mare learn?" She asked herself, annoyed.

Somewhere nearby, a princess's voice floated out to Applejack. ".....Nothin'...?"

Applejack swallowed nervously.

**********

With a beam still radiating from her face, Pinkie Pie bounced onward. What more fun was there to be had around here? Well, she could always get the train to Canterlot. She LOVED trains. And meeting all the people at Canterlot! What a brilliant idea this was turning out to be! And maybe she'd even get to see one of the princesses, and say hello!

Pinkie Pie was feeling on top of the world, and like she could do anything, as she trotted to the train station. "Two tickets to Canterlot, please!"

The pony at the kiosk regarded her warily. "There's only one of you... Are you certain?" He asked with a tone that said he didn't fully understand the little pink mare. Then again, no one did.

"That's just what they want you to believe..." Pinkie said ominously, holding the gaze of the ticket pony.

"Miss?"

"I want two tickets, for my friend, Invisible Friend, and I. We're good friends." She said matter-of-factly to the pony at the kiosk. He gave her more wary looks, but didn't feel like arguing. It was more money for the station anyway, right?

"Here's your tickets, miss." He went to give her both her tickets, but she took only one, and left the other to float down to the desk.

"Oh no, only one is for me. The other is for Imaginary Friend here." She exclaimed in a way that made the ticket pony look a little silly.

"But miss, there's no -" He started to reply, and then was cut off.

"Hey look over there!" Pinkie shouted loudly, and as the ticket pony fell for it and looked away, Pinkie ducked. When he looked back, there was empty space in front of him, but nopony was stepping forward.

"May I have my ticket please?" A muffled voice coming from below the kiosks line of view asked.

The ticket pony sighed. He was not really having a very good day. However, he dropped the ticket over the edge of the kiosk desk as though he was giving it to an invisible pony.

As he did so, Pinkie stood on her feet again. "That one's on the house, everypony!" She said with a funny smile spreading across her face, and galloped off giggling.

Ponies in the line forfeited their place in the queue to run for the ticket, but it was lifted into the air by a yellow cloud of magic. Everypony looked around for the user of the magic, but they were nowhere to be found.

**********

Pinkie bounded off of the train after arriving at Canterlot, and assumed a bouncy sort of trot as she moved throughout the large street, looking around at the familiar sight of shops and ponies wearing fashionable and new clothing for the season.

"I can't believe I'm here, in Canterlot! All by myself! Oh, the things I could do!" She exclaimed breathlessly and she took in the wonderful and colorful display of the palace.

Sighting a familiar sweet shop, she trotted in and looked through the stock they had. There certainly weren't any gingerbread houses this time, perhaps that was a one off, but there were some delicious looking life-sized candy canes, which looked great for twirling about and licking at the same time.

A few short seconds later, a very happy pink pony was trotting joyfully out of the short, with a pink and white striped candy cane in her mouth. Next, she saw a clothes shop, looking very similar to Rarity's boutique. So, she decided to walk in, placing her cane in the doorway.

It took a while of searching, but as Pinkie Pie was browsing, she finally came across what she was looking for - a scarf. This one was also pink and white, yet there seemed to be something... missing.

She took it to the checkout desk, and put the scarf onto it. "Hey there!" She greeted the mare working there enthusiastically.

The mare in question lowered the blue glasses she was wearing onto her nose, which matched the colour of her aqua coat and silver mane notably. "Hello. Would you like to purchase this scarf?"

Pinkie Pie rubbed her chin questioningly. "Hmm... well, I would... but there's something I can't pin down. It needs to be a little more fun, is what I think it is."

The mare at the desk looked at Pinkie oddly for a few seconds. "Do you not like the colour?"

"The colour's fine, just make it more fun!" She said passively.

The mare paused. "Do you not like the shape?"

"The shape's fine! Just make it look funnier." She said even more passively, but then she thought of something that lit up her face like a lamp.

"Don't you think some streamers would do it justice?" She asked.

**********

Finally, Pinkie Pie, complete with a pink and white scarf, decorated with lively streamers, and a life sized candy cane which was quickly diminishing in size, trotted into the Palace, which was open for visitors as it was visiting day. It seemed Pinkie had chosen a great day to come to Canterlot.

From afar, Pinkie's sensitive ears picked up distant shouting, coming from inside the palace.

"Tia, please turn down that sun this instant! It is far too hot today!" A traditional, smooth voice sounded from somewhere.

Another, more annoyed and offended voice replied. "Luna, one does not simply, TURN DOWN THE SUN. You don't turn down the moon, do you?".

"Th-that's different! The moon does not emit any heat!".

"Don't you try and use your fancy 'Old Canterlot Science' on me, Luna! Sometimes, I wonder if you spent too much time on the moon!"

"Hey! You sent us there in the first place, doofus!"

"Don't call me that."

"Doofu- HEY! WE FELT THAT! YOU TURNED UP THE SUN A LITTLE BIT!"

And so the arguing continued. After a while, with glee, Pinkie Pie realised that the two Princesses were having a heated, but rather petty and unnecessary argument, that seemed to be going nowhere in particular. Pinkie wandered in the direction of the verbal sparring between royals.

There was some fun to be had here.