• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 899 Views, 21 Comments

The Outsiders - Caleb Roy



The story of Big Mac's War. How he met his wife, Cheerilee, and what he went through. The pain, suffering, and the evil that came to him. He is haunted, but he will be free today.

  • ...
16
 21
 899

Old Memories

It has been years since I have revealed this story. Years. The pain and anger; the resentment and bitterness that I have suffered are untold. I can only say that the past has haunted me for so long. So long. I will finally sit down and share it though. I will sit down to share it because it is finally over. The war that came to Armonia, and in my case, Equestria, over 112 years ago has finally ended. It is done. Finished. No more. I say this with joy in my heart. This is going to be my story. The story of how I met my wife, Cheerilee. This is going to be the story of sacrifice, pain, hurt, and suffering. It is not a pretty story. I should advise you not to read it. However, it is truth. It is what I went through in this present life. It is what my sister Apple Bloom went through in her present life. It is what happened to my cousin Braeburn and what he went through. It is what happened, I should say, to every living being who ever fought on that planet whether for us, against us, or whatever you're motives were. It is a story, a true one, but one that I will only tell once. I wait for my great grandchildren, grandchildren, and children to get here so that I may tell the story. The story of my war, Apple Bloom's war, and Braeburn's war. I await and eat my soup now.

"Honey", said Cheerilee from the living room across the way, "They're here now!".

"Okay then", I responded slowly moving to where I was going to sit to tell a story for the history books. Cheerilee, who went through this war with me has never even heard my story and she is my wife. That is how disgusting it was, how heartbreaking, but as I said earlier, Truth is truth and so it must be told.

My family walked in. Every pony had greeted each other and told of their lives while they were away. They shared things and we all ate a nice dinner prepared by all of the mares. It was a great time. I was glad that every pony else enjoyed it, however, I could not keep my mind off of what I had to reveal. I could not keep my mind off of what was soon to happen. What was soon to be revealed. It was devastating me. It was destroying me, crushing my bones and heart. I knew that I had to tell, No, I promised it, and what I promised, I did. Finally, after a little while longer, it was time to tell my story. Time to reveal.

"Okay everyone! Let's sit down and listen to Big Mac's story. To some of us, he is our father to others a grandfather and still to others a great grandfather. He wants to share something with us. This is going to be very important so every pony listen up and listen good. Okay, Dad, you may begin." One of my son's quieted every pony down, and then took his seat. It was finally time for me to reveal. I began with a speech.

"Listen", I paused, "Listen every pony it is so nice to have you. I am glad that you are here. However, I will tell you now that this story is sad, devastating. I will share it with you, but you all must listen, and you all must understand that... that what I saw was horrible. It was something that no pony should ever have to see. However, I saw it. I lived it. Listen, I may cry. I may. If I do, just please be patient, and wait until the tears have passed. Okay, let me begin." I paused for a very long while, and then finally began. I decided to begin with the history.

"My sons and my daughters, my grandsons and granddaughters, and even my great grandsons and great granddaughters, I say this with a heavy heart. Let me open up to you a background to what happened. I am sure that some of you have learned of the Universal War, well, I will tell you what happened. Let me share the background first. The Universal War, as these empires called it, was a war for the universe. Sadly, it came to our lovely planet Armonia. It came on the 12 of Celestius. The empire, the ferocious Dragononians, as they were called, swept us back within a week. Events transpired which I will share in the story. Finally, however, one empire took the planet. I will share who the first victor was at the end. Their rule lasted for a very long time. Now, however, they have been defeated. In fact, every empire except for the Brainiac Corps has been defeated. The Brainiac Corps has obtained victory. They have won the Universal war. I don't really care for that. I only care for the story of what happened to Armonia, to us. Now that I have given you some background, I will tell you my story. It seems the time has come."