• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 1,062 Views, 4 Comments

The Evil That Lives Among Us - VampWolf



Evil and terror have returned to Equestria and only those shunned by society can make everything right.

  • ...
5
 4
 1,062

Prolouge: The Day Equestria Fell

“It’s almost finished my dear sister.”

Princess Celestia was lying on the couch with Princess Luna’s head resting on top of her.
“Oh my Luna you must have been so tired and lonely. I left you on the moon for so long and I’m ashamed to say that I was the one that sent you there. Thankfully all that is behind us now.”

Celestia stroked Luna’s mane softly only lifting her hoof to look at the crimson red blood that stained her once gleaming white hair.

“Ahh but soon we shall be together as one as it should have been when you decided to go rogue and disobey me by blotting out the sun. But now that your back we can continue were we left off.”

Celestia lifted Luna’s head and stood up to get some water. When she came back she put her head near Luna’s heart and gave a satisfied nod when she noticed there was still some life left.
She walked over to the curtain and flung them open as wide as they could go and stared into the sun without blinking. She turned around and walked back over to where she and her sister had lay. The sun was in the center of the sky and Celestia whispered “Tempus est”. The room they were in burst into flames and the room started to glow and the flames turned from black, to green, to white, and kept changing until finally the flames stopped moving. The room was thrown into darkness but the flames still held light. There was a symbol carved into the floor that surrounded the flames. The symbol drew closer dragging the flames with it. It kept getting smaller until it surrounded Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

Princess Celestia spoke two words “Merge mecum.”

Then she screamed “MERGE MECUM.”

Then a voice came from the flames, “You know what must be done”

Celestia bit off some flesh from her leg until she started bleeding. She then walked over to were Luna lay. She bent her head and licked some blood from her leg and then licked some of the blood from Luna’s neck. With the blood from both her and her sister on her tongue she kissed Luna.
The Room burst into flames once more and both Celestia and Luna were engulfed in the fire. The last sound that came from the royal chambers was Luna screaming and Celestia laughing, both sounds soon becoming one sadistic laugh.

Gasp*

Twilight sat up in her bed, sweat dripping from her body. “Was that just a dream?”
____________________________________________________________________________________
“Good morning Twi”, Spike said as he threw open the curtains to let the sun’s rays flood her room.

“So what would you like for breakfast? We have toast with apple jam, fruit salad, and if you feel like it Derpy brought by some blueberry muffins earlier. “

Thanks to Spike flooding her room with light she couldn’t see, much less respond to Spike’s question. When her eyes finally adjusted to the light she looked around to tell Spike that muffins sounded pretty good but he had already left downstairs to do what he usually did, make a bit of everything. In all honesty Twi wasn’t hungry at all, in fact she felt horrible. She thought to herself “Hopefully a nice shower will make me feel better”.

The warmth of the water as it caressed her body had always put her mind at ease. She had already forgotten that terrible nightmare and was ready for some delicious muffins. That was one good thing about Derpy coming by, her muffins were delicious.

After that relaxing shower she was ready for just about anything, except that she forgot to bring a towel.

“Spike! Can you bring me a towel please?”

There was no answer.

“SPIKE! Hey are you listening?”

Twi guessed that Spike was probably making breakfast and enjoying himself a bit too much. No problem though, it wasn’t as if she was incapable of getting the towel herself. Twi headed downstairs with her mane brushed and looking great. Twi’s stomach began to growl when she smelled those delicious muffins and she almost sprinted downstairs at the thought of warm blueberry muffins with melted butter dripping off the sides. It was too good a thought to pass up.

“Hey Spike are you ready for break…”

As she rounded the corner into the kitchen she noticed something was wrong. Spike wasn’t here and the counter was littered with his usual mess. The only problem was that Spike always cleaned up after himself. Disregarding his disappearance she helped herself to some muffins, much too hungry to worry about it. “He probably went on an errand with Rarity. She stops by sometimes to pick him up so I’m sure he’s alright. Haha. Silly love-struck dragon.”
After she had finished her breakfast she decided to go into town to see Pinkie Pie about some cupcakes. After the night she had Twi was ready for some mind numbing sugary confections made by her good friend Pinkie.

Twi headed out towards Sugarcube Corner with cupcakes and pastries’ dancing through her head when she noticed something was definitely wrong. The town was usually packed with ponies roaming the streets and doing odd jobs here and there. She rushed over to Sugarcube Corner hoping to Celestia that Pinke was alright.

“Pinkie!” she cried as she burst through the door.

“Oh hi Twilight. Whoa , whoa, whhhhoooaaa.”

Thanks to the sudden interruption Pinkie fell right into the giant cake she was preparing.

“MMmmm vanilla with chocolate frosting and strawberry topping my fav!” Pinkie said as she licked the cake off her lips.

“Pinkie, where is Mr. and Mrs. Cake? Aren’t they working today?”

“Can you believe them? I woke up this morning and they had left me here. They took the babies too and let me tell you they had a long list of orders piled up from cupcake hungry customers, and I’ve been here making all the orders by myself.”

“Pinkie Pie have you been outside recently?”

“No why?”

Pinkie walked outside with Twi and was astonished to find the entire town was deserted.

“Twilight this is a HUGE problem”

“That’s why I ran over here,” exclaimed Twi.

“That’s great and all but how am I going to sell all these cupcakes now that nopony’s here!?!”

“Pinkie now is not the time to worry about that. An entire town vanished and we had no idea that it was happening. Come on we gotta go make sure the others are all right.”

Twi and Pinkie ran as fast as they could to Sweet Apple Acres hoping that the other’s noticed the sudden disappearance and that everyone was ok. They arrived at the barn just in time to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash rush out to meet them.

“Thank Celestia you guys are ok, where’s Rarity?”

Applejack and Rainbow Dash just looked at each other.

“Ya'll best come see fer yurselv’es,” said Applejack.

The barn was filled with a silver light that shined like diamonds. There was a small crowd of ponies all nudged up in the back under some kind of force field.

“Rarity?” Twi asked.

“Over here darling”.

Twilight rushed to the side of the barn where Rarity was lying down; her horn radiating with a magical light.

“Rarity, are you ok? Why is there a force field and where is Spike and Fluttershy?”

“I’m fine darling and you will have to ask Rainbow dash for the details on what’s going on. As for Spike….”

Rarity’s mane started to turn a bright orange color and her eyes burned with rage. Twilight walked over to where Dash and Pinkie were talking and Pinkie, being Pinkie, looked as happy as when she had when she left the bakery.

“So Dash what happened here and why is everypony behind that dome?” Twilight asked.

Dash let out a long deep sigh before answering her question.

“Twi something bad is going on right now and I have no idea how to explain it. It started this morning when I went out for my morning weather patrol and I noticed ponies started disappearing left and right. I tried to save a few but they just...*sniffle*... disappeared right outta my... hooves.” Dash broke down and Pinkie threw her hoof around her to try and comfort her.

Applejack walked over to where Twi was.

“Maybe I can patch up the rest fer ya. Dash flew straight over here and asked me fer help with the whole disappearin problem so we rounded up all the ponies that were left and put them inside the barn. We didn’t know what was causin the problem so we came to ask you fer help but when we got there, yer house was empty so we thought you had disappeared to. That’s when Rarity came by and stormed into yer house and started ripping books of the shelf until she found what she was lookin fer. Some kinda spell that made it to where you were kinda get put to sleep for a long time.”

Twilight had a dumbstruck look on her face as she glanced over to where rarity was lying.
Rarity mastered a perpetual stasis spell that took me years to learn. How in Equestria did she do that?”

“Yep, Rarity burst into flames and magic engulfed her entire body and this dome thing appeared around everypony and that seems to have stopped the vanishin fer now.”

Twi just stared at the people inside wondering how long this would last.

What the…

The wall near Rarity exploded and the dome that was protecting everypony dissipated. The ponies inside disappeared as quickly as the dome dissolved. Twi couldn’t figure out what just happened. Rarity was on the ground unconscious and bleeding, Dash was trying to help Rarity but was attacked by some strange creatures and both Rarity and Dash were dragged away. But where was Applejack and Pinkie? Twilight glanced up for only a second to see a large beam come falling towards her when Applejack pushed her out of the way and got hit by the beam instead. Twilight rushed to the aid of her friend and started pulling her towards the entrance.

Come on move faster. Who knows if those creatures will come back for the rest of us? Where the hell is Pink…

The ground rose up to meet her as she hit the floor next to Aj, her head exploding in pain. The last thing she saw through the smoke and blood was Pinkie fighting off those creatures and yelling at someone to hurry up. Then everything went dark…