• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 2,596 Views, 37 Comments

Do Something About Saturday! - ADRNEL



Twilight has nothing to do on Saturday, so Rarity sets her up for a date.

  • ...
9
 37
 2,596

The Beginning

"NO WAY!" yelled a voice from Golden Oaks Library, the Ponyville Library.

Spike, who was upstairs dusting the bedroom, knew exactly whose voice it belongs to and just sighs.

"Can't I have an ordinary day for once!" complained Spike to himself. The baby dragon stops what he was doing and goes downstairs to see Twilight Sparkle panicking while using her magic to look over all of the check lists around her.

"It can't be! It can't be!" repeated Twilight to herself. She then spots Spike. "This is horrible! We're ahead of schedule!" complained Twilight to her assistant.

"Isn't that usually a good thing?" asked an impatient Spike.

"No! Because it means I have nothing to do for the rest of the day!" exclaimed a stressed Twilight, her mane slowly becoming messy. "I accidently did all of yesterday and today's errands yesterday!"

"But doesn't that mean a day off?" asked a confused Spike.

"We're not supposed to have a day off for another month!" said Twilight, still looking through her day planner. "And that's part of my week off for my..." she quickly catches herself. "...for personal reasons." she mumbles, not wanting Spike to know why she takes a week off twice a year.

Twilight then changes the subject, "Plus, I have nothing to study, I already did everything Celestia told me, and read all the books in this library at least twice!" continued a panicked Twilight. "Also, I have no plans to socialise with my friends because they're busy with other things."

Twilight continues on, with Spike happily zoning out on her. But he's quickly brought back to reality when somepony knocks on the door.

"I'll get it." sighed Spike, at least happy that he doesn't have to listen to Twilight for a short while. He opens the door only for hearts to form in his eyes. "Hello...Rarity." dreamly said Spike, in awe at his crush standing in front of him.

Rarity walks in and gives Spike a friendly hug. "Hello there Spiky!" She then lets him go, causing Spike to faint, and walks over to see Twilight, her face buried in her day planner. "Isn't the weather today gorgeous!" announced Rarity with dramatic flare. "You should go out and enjoy it, darling."

Twilight drops her planner to greet her fashionable friend. "Not now, busy." said Twilight.

"With what, may I ask?" said Rarity, judging by the way Twilight looks, she is either behind schedule or ahead.

"Finding something to do today!" exclaimed Twilight. "I have nothing else to do!"

Rarity then quickly has an idea, she then flashbacks to a week ago...


One week ago...

Rarity is in her boutique, putting the finishing touches on her latest dress, when she hears a customer walk into the door. "I'll be right there!" yelled Rarity to the front of the store. She takes off her glasses and walks to the front to see a light-brown stallion with a dark-brown mane and hourglass cutie mark nervously waiting. "How can I help you on this great day!" said Rarity.

The stallion nervously walks up to her. "Uh...hello...my name is Time Turner...are you Rarity?" asked the stallion, avoiding eye contact.

"Of course I am, silly!" smiled Rarity, trying to make him less nervous.

"Do...do you know the librarian Twilight Sparkle?" asked Time Turner, even more nervous.

"Of course darling, i'm her friend you know," answered Rarity. "Why do you ask?"

"Well...two weeks ago...I went to the library to check-out a book when I met her." explained Time Turner.

"Go on." was all Rarity said, intrested in the story.

"I felt like we had a connection...and we spent the next hour happily talking about books and knowledge, and we had a good time, but she's been so busy, I wasn't able to get a chance to talk to her, so I was wondering if you can tell her that I want to go on a date with her sometime in the future." finished Time Turner, relieved to have finally said it.

"You're asking Twilight Sparkle on date?" said a confused Rarity. Time Turner just nervously nods. "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!" exclaimed an excited Rarity. Time Turner is now even more nervous than ever before.


Present day...

"I think I know what you could do today!" announced Rarity. This catches Twilight's interest. "There's this nice stallion I met a week ago, and he told that he likes you and wants to go on a date with you!"

Twilight is in shock. "WHAT!" exclaimed Twilight.

"Well, you said you had nothing to do today, maybe this date will help." proposed Rarity.

"I don't want to go on a date!" said Twilight.

"Oh come on Twilight! The only ponies you socialise with are your friends and their siblings, this will give you an opportunity to meet somepony new, maybe get a coltfriend in the process." explained Rarity who loves to play matchmaker.

"I don't want a coltfriend." explained Twilight, "I just want to continue my studies!"

"Twilight, have you ever been on a date?" bluntly asked Rarity.

"Yes, countless times." nervously said Twilight. Rarity knows she's lying, so she just raises an eyebrow.

"Admit it darling, you have never been on a date and I bet your still a vir-" Rarity was interrupted by a hoof covering her mouth.

"Okay fine! I admit it, I have no expirence, I've never been with stallion..." admited Twilight. "...or Celestia forbid a mare." mumbled Twilight. She puts her hoof down to let Rarity talk.

"I knew it!" exclaimed Rarity. "Anyways, he's a nice stallion, I heard that you met him several weeks ago and had a nice hour long conversation about various things."

Twilight immediatly knows who she is talking about; Ponyville's time keeper and clock store owner, Time Turner. He was pretty nice and was an intellectual match, but she felt nothing special for him.

"Come on Twilight, at least try and do something new for once!" convinced Rarity. "I swear, you're become more and more predictable everyday!"

Twilight wouldn't admit it, but it was true, she's becoming a pony of routine. Not even the dissapearance of Bon Bon and Lyra changed it. Twilight realizes that Rarity is right and decides to go on the date, at least so she would not upset Time Turner.

"Fine!" exclaimed a defeated Twilight. "I'll go on a date with him, but I'm doing it for him, not for myself!"

"Good! He'll be at the new resturaunt in town, tonight at 8, nothing fancy, but a makeover would do." explained Rarity. "I'll be setting you an appoint at the boutique, bye!" said Rarity, turning back to leave. Twilight just stands there stunned just as Rarity walks outside and closes the door.

The sound of the door cloing causes Spike to come around. "Ugh, what happend?" asked a confused Spike rubbing his head.

This is going to be a long Saturday.

Author's Note:

Part 1 of 3!

This idea popped into my head.

Comments and Constructive Critisim accepted.