• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,552 Views, 18 Comments

Final Thoughts - Caesar2013



Shining Armor locks himself in his room. Writing his final words.

  • ...
6
 18
 1,552

Final Farewell

Final Farewell: Twilight's Eulogy to Shining Armor

Today mares and gentlecolts, we are facing a very painful day none of use could have ever imagined in even our worst nightmares. A loving brother, son, friend, and captain has been taken from us. I am Shining Armor's LSBFF (Little Sister Best Friend Forever), Princess Sparkle. We're all here today, because on a very fateful day, my... my older BBBF (Big Brother Best Friend Forever) had … had decided to end his own life. I'll never truly understand what drove him to take his own life. Though he had the love and support of his family and friends, Shining Armor went through an ordeal many ponies never have to go through. To lose not only the love of his life, Cadence as well as his only foal through childbirth is truly the reason why he no longer saw life worth living.

As a foal, I used to look up to my older big brother best friend forever. He taught to me to fly a kite, and protected me from the bullies at school. We can appreciate every moment he had spent with us in Equestria. But when his beloved Cadence had died, it seemed as though life itself had been ripped from his very heart and soul. We the ponies of Equestria can never truly understand what was going through his mind the moment he decided to go and kill himself.

As his Little Sister Best Friend Forever, all I can say is that I feel very guilty for not being there when he needed me most. Apart from Cadence, perhaps it was I who could have, no should have, reached out to him and tried to help him more than I had before. Shining Armor used to be so full of life, never going about without a smile on his face.

My Big Brother Best Friend Forever used to do so much for me and others. And yet, when he needed someone the most, we failed him. He asked use to forgive him for his selfishness in taking his own life. Shining Armor, my BBBFF, perhaps it is all of us who should be asking for your forgiveness. You needed help, and never got it. We may spend the rest of our lives wondering what we could have done, what we should have done, to help our dear Shining Armor. In his... In his suicide note, he said he wished to be in a place without pain. Without suffering or grief. My only wish for my dear deceased brother... that he got his wish. That he is in heaven with his beloved wife and child. I have with me a poem I wrote for Shining Armor that I now wish to present to you all.

Big Brother Shining Armor,

we never knew your torment,

never knew your pain.

We lived life as it was,

as yours was taken away.

We saw what we wanted,

not what you felt within.

Forgive us for failing you,

our failure to comprehend,

your suffering every day.

We pray your anguish,

will forever cease.

And that your deepest guilt,

replaced by only peace.

The loss of two you held most dear,

invaded your every thought and dream.

Weeping internally,

and feeling deeply sad.

Despite the loss,

we remember the good, not the bad.

We remember the life you had

not when you were sad.

We'll always leave you in our memory.

All the happiness and joy

when you were here.

A better place in the afterlife

is that all we hope to see.

A place of no pain and fear,

a place we hope to see

you once more

my beloved Brother.