• Published 9th Jan 2013
  • 327 Views, 6 Comments

Lux Aeterna - chip22



This is a story about a war that spread to the very edges to the universe and changed the lives of a uncountable amount of people.

  • ...
 6
 327

Charlie Foxtrot

We were running. Retreating from the enemy that I have hated my whole life. Thoughts raced in and out of my head.

What was that weapon?

Did it cause that explosion?

How many men have we lost?

I looked over at my squad. They were also tired and beaten, yet we were running a mile to hopefully get on a VTOL to take us out of here. That is, if the Ing haven't destroyed it already.

Gunfire started raining upon us. A blast knocked me over and separated me from my squadron.

“Chip! Chip!”

“Chip? Chip, you okay?” Isach said.

I shuddered. “Yeah.” I said.

"We should get moving. We're sitting ducks out here." Aseri said.

"Good idea. But first we need to get them somewhere safe." I said.

"How? There's nowhere safe to hide them." Isach said.

"Well, we can't just leave them out in the middle of nowhere while we fight." I said.

My radio crackled with static.

“Captain Chip, this is fleet admiral Carius. how’s it going down there?” I heard through the radio.

“We’ve lost plenty of men, sir. We need reinforcements.”

“Well, good news. We’re coming in with two carriers and five assault ships.” He said.
I couldn’t help but smile.

“That’s the best news I’ve heard all day, sir.” I said with a grin.

“I thought you'd say that. ETA in five minutes."

I looked back at everyone.

“You guys hear that? We’ve got reinforcements coming in!”

I brought my attention back to the comm link.

"Sir, even though we are gaining the upper hand in this battle. Expect enemy
reinforcements." I said.

“Guys, whose portal is that?” One of the privates in my company said.

I looked up into the sky and saw a glowing sphere of shades of purple. The nose of an
attack carrier poked its way out of the sphere.

More portals started to appear and more carriers and ships were coming out of them.

“Those aren’t ours.” I said dreadfully.

I started speaking through the comm link once again.

“Sir, I have eyes on a fleet of enemy ships in the vicinity.There’s at least fifteen of them.
We’re going to need more reinforcements.”

“At least fifteen? Damn. They really must want this planet.” The fleet admiral said.

Upon hearing this I immediately facepalmed and pulled up my tac-pad.

“Sir, have we scanned the planet yet? Do we have live data of it?” I said as I hit a few buttons.

“I believe so, captain. Why does it matter?”

“Because, I need to make sure of something.”

I pressed a button to pull up a hologram. A projected image of the land named “Equestria”
popped up. I zoomed in and looked at what areas were under attack.

My ears fell. Every city and town was under Ing control.

“Sir, we’re going to need way more men than I thought.” I said through the comm link.

"What? Why?!"

"Every single city is under Ing control." I eyed the map closely. "I am also seeing a city
made out of clouds. How does that even work?"

"I don't know, but we need to focus on how to survive this."

I looked back up at the Ing fleet. They were already deploying units to the ground.

"Sir, they are already deploying! ETA?"

"Three minutes. Just hang in there!"

I heard a loud noise from behind me. I turned around and saw a drop pod with six Ing
advancers, heavily armored Ing armed with heavy weapons, and a Destroyer.

"Oh this is just perfect." I said sarcastically.

I flew backwards into cover.

"Everybody get to cover!" I said.

A spray of bullets hit the crumpled wall I jumped behind. All I had was my pistol, so I was
basically defenseless against any heavy Ing trooper. Unfortunately, all of these Ing we were up against were all heavy troopers.

The advancers used teleportation powers and suddenly disappeared from my sight as I
was peeking around cover. I looked around for them and saw nothing except for some squadmates firing at the destroyer. Suddenly everybody's weapons went silent. I looked back at the destroyer to see what was wrong.

The advancers were back, along with six Equestrians in front of them. They were holding
them as shields and were pointing their weapons at us.

“Drop ‘em or i'll blow your fucking head off!” I yelled.

The destroyer chuckled. “You really think you can take us all down with just peashooters?
Hahaha, you guys really are weak. You think that you can win this war, but you’re just saying that to encourage yourselves. This war will be over in an instant.”

“NOOO!”

A blonde haired and grey skinned Equestrian with wings came from the sky and dive
bombed the ground. A energy blast came from the area she landed on. The ring of energy passed through the destroyer and five of the advancers and killed them all.

I looked at the Equestrian in disbelief before training my sights on the last advancer.

“Get him!” I yelled.

He was already knocked off balance from the blast and dropped the Equestrian he was
holding. Everybody at the scene opened fire. Even though we were reduced to small arms, the Ing was almost blown open by all the firepower.

I looked back at the Equestrian who saved the other six. She was just standing there, like
she didn't know where to be.

“Hi guys! I haven't seen you in awhile!” she said.

“Derpy? What are you doing here?” The lavender Equestrian asked.

“Well, me and the doctor were out shopping. He said that something seemed off about
these things and then there were loud noises everywhere and he told me to run and then there was a loud blast that knocked me out and now i'm here.” She grinned.

“I don’t believe this. Is everyone alright?” I asked.

Everyone looked each other over. We all seemed fine.

“Seems like we’re all in good condition.” Isach said.

“Good because.......” I started to phase out again. More visions. I saw a large force of
Equestrians and Gaians all on scene at a massive battle.

“Chip! Chip, what wrong with you?!” Aseri said, snapping me out of it.

“Nothing. Nothing. I’m fine.” I replied.

“You did this earlier. You sure you're okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said again

I felt it. It was coming closer. They were coming closer and I knew it. I looked off in the
distance, into the darkness. There they were, watching, waiting. I shook my head. I thought it must've been another vision. I looked back. I was wrong.

I looked at the group of us. They were confused and some were staring with me. I looked
back. They were gone.

“Fucking run!” I exclaimed.

We all scrambled before they could even get to us. I pulled out my knife. My pistol
wouldn't do anything. He jumped over me. I readied my knife. They all formed up on him.

“Light Gaia, what lovely weather we’re having today.” He started to waltz in the rain.

“Funny, Dark Gaia. Real funny.” I said. I couldn't taunt him or anything because he had
the upper hand in this battle by a long shot.

“No, it’s not funny. It’s terrible. You guys just come in here out of nowhere and think you
can just slaughter all of us. You just go around killing just because its fun. Well, let me tell you something buddy. It’s not fun. What would you do if I clicked the trigger?” I looked over. The rainbow haired Equestrian was holding a heavy pistol up to her dark double’s face.

“Don’t!” I said, but it was too late. Her double grabbed her arm, threw her down and took
the gun.

“You were saying?” She said.

I wanted to run, but i couldn't. I wanted to fight, but I would get everyone killed. I wanted to
scream, but I am not a coward. It seemed like I was out of options.

All of a sudden, we started slowly disappearing. I could tell we were teleporting, but I
didn't know where to, or what was teleporting us. I looked at Dark Gaia. He and his squad weren't teleporting.They all started to shoot at us, but were too late. We were already gone.

I looked around. We were in a machine, but it seemed extremely strange. I could sense a
couple of different energies floating around in the air.

“Oh, hello. Didn't try to get you all here. Hope I didn't interrupt anything” A male Equestrian
said.

“Don’t! They need our help, doctor.” The blonde haired Equestrian said.

"What is this place?" One of the soldiers asked.

"It's called the TARDIS. T. A. R. D. I. S.. Time And Relative Dimension In Space." The
brown haired Equestrian said.

"Wait, wouldn't mean that teleportation and time jumping is possible with this?" I asked.

"Yes, it would. Why do you ask?” He said.

I looked at Isach. He looked back at me.

“Sounds like a time relay, doesn't it.” Isach said.

“It does, but this looks much different.” I said.

“You've been in one of those before?” One of the combat engineers from my company
asked.

“Yeah. Every light Gaian needs to at least see one.” I said.

“Hey, could you take us up to our carrier? Assuming you could fit this thing into one of the
rooms in there.” Aseri said.

“Yes, of course.” I now realized that he had an accent of some sort. I didn't recognize it or
where it was from.

“But, first things first. How did you all get on here?” He asked.

“We are as confused as you are.” I answered.

“Could you just take us to the carrier?” Aseri said impatiently.

“Of course. Just one minute.” He said.

He went over to what looked like the control panel. For being an Equestrian, he was very
ahead in technology.

“If you're Equestrian, how do you have all this?” I asked him.

“Oh, i'm not Equestrian. I'm a timelord.” He said as he pressed buttons on the control
panel.

I heard a noise that sounded like the noise when we teleported away from dark Gaia, but
soon enough it stopped.

“Okay, we're here!” He opened the door and stepped out. I followed behind but we ran
into a group of soldiers before all of us could even get out of the door.

“Who the hell are you?” One of the soldiers asked the timelord.

“I’m the doctor. Who are you?” He asked.

“You don’t need to know who I am. Now step aside and let us look at this box of yours.”
He said.

I looked back at the “TARDIS”. It was a small box. Wait, that can't be right. I looked inside,
then back out. Then inside, then back out. I was right, it was bigger on the inside.

I stepped out from behind the timelord. The soldiers saw me and immediately recognized
me.

“Light Gaia, sir. It’s an honor. The fleet admiral wanted to get you and get out of here as
quick as we can.”

“Thank God. I thought we wouldn't live to get out of this mess.” Isach said.

I looked at Isach, then to Aseri, then to the Equestrians. I took off my helmet.

“We’re not leaving.” I said.

“Why not?” Isach said.

“Look out the window.” I said. There was catastrophe everywhere. Rain pelted down on
the ground, soaking everything. Explosions were lighting up distant regions of the city.

“See. Our guys are still out there. Plus, this isn't for our guys, this is for them.” I looked at
the Equestrians.

“They aren't just normal civies. Not you guys. You are...different. There’s something
special about you all.”

I started having a flashback. It was me as a child. I was being taught about a legend. The
legend I was born for. How I would organise a team of six individuals and me. We were all bearers of something special. A team of six......

I looked at the six Equestrians. The ones who had doubles.

“You six, come here.” I said.

They all stepped forward. By now other soldiers had come into the room and there were
a significant amount of them watching.

“I...I learned about a legend when I was young. A prophecy. I was born to fulfill it....and I
need your help. You see, I am supposed to arrange a team of seven. Six plus me. I now know who i am supposed to choose for my team. I need you guys.” I looked at each ot them. They looked distraught, confused, unhappy and a ton of other negative emotions.

“Count me in.” I heard a scratchy voice say. It was the blue one. We locked eyes, then
smiled.

“Ah’m in too. Ah ain't leavin a friend behind.” The orange Equestrian said.

“It sounds scary,” a sheepish voice from the back said, “But I’ll come too.”

“Why leave when there’s still fighting?” The purple one said, “Sounds cowardly to me.”

“Yeah, let’s go!” The pink Equestrian nearly bounced off the ceiling, “Sounds fun!”

“Wait, are you all crazy?” The white Equestrian asked, “We nearly died there, and you
want to go back?”

They turned around, and glared at her with the force of a thousand suns.

“Right, let’s go.” She said in a tone more sheepish than the yellow Equestrian, “Sounds
lovely.”
***

>Accessing database.........
>> login.admin
>>>Enter Password: ***********
…...........................................................................

>Welcome, Chip.
>> Accessing filename 1858658FHEGH485756.3D.doc
…...........................................................................

For the longest time, the Gaian race was not unified. For thousands of years, various warlords with varying amounts of arms and technology vied for total control of the planet. Small conflicts dotted the Gaian homeworld, leaving little time for peace.

That is, until, in the year -3 (Gaian Modern Calendar), the first Light Gaian appeared. He rallied a large group of Gaian under the banner of peace and prosperity. After having gone through millennia of war, many followed the Light Gaian.

But, not everyone wanted to be united. This sparked the three-year long Great Gaian War. The forces under the command of the first Light Gaian fought with the various warlords, who had conjoined to become the Conglomerate of Gaian Brotherhood. The war devastated the planet, until the last Brotherhood stronghold at the Spaceport of Neka fell on what would become the first day of the first year of the modern Gaian calendar.


*****************************************************
>Opening command log......
>> Accessing filename 2359872GHEUH.3D.doc
******************************************************

Ship Name: Stellar Pioneer
Ship Class: Neka-Class Superfrigate

Information:

The Stellar Pioneer was first designed in the year 2789. It went through rigorous testing digitally to ensure that the Gaian Space Fleet wanted a new class of Superfrigates. After being approved by the Head Admiral of the Fleet at that time, Chrege Rezal, actual construction began in 2794. Final construction was completed on the seventh day of the fourth month, year 2802.

The Stellar Pioneer is armed with thirty 30cm Fusion cannons, which fire a bolt of pure energy created by subatomic fusion. Apart from that, it is armed with various arrays of conventional and energy weapons of varying caliber.

The Stellar Pioneer’s fastest speed accomplished was 30 light years an hour, or 30LYH. This was never achieved before by a Gaian naval unit, as the previous top speed was 24LYH, achieved by the Supercarrier Antagonist.

The Stellar Pioneer first saw combat in 2804, when it, along with a fleet of ten other frigates and carriers, came into contact with an Ing fleet numbering fifteen ships in total. Armed with the fusion cannons, the Stellar Pioneer claimed two ships within the first three hours of combat. The battle came to an end sixteen hours after the first shot was fired, when the Pioneer took down the final battlecruiser. Gaian losses, despite achieving victory, were high. Four ships were totally destroyed, while three others reported heavy to moderate damage.

Currently, the Stellar Pioneer is stationed over the Spaceport of Astrild, along with the 6th Naval Warfare Division, along with its sister ship, the Neka, of which the class of superfrigates is named after it.

Author's Note:

OH JEESUS THIS TOOK LONG. I really need to work on these chapters more. Any confusion and leave your problem in the comments.