• Published 9th Jan 2013
  • 885 Views, 25 Comments

The "September" incident - IxyXVIII



What really happened in September? One young stallion is on a quest to find out. Based off the song September by the Living Tombstone.

  • ...
0
 25
 885

Part I: October...

Part I: October…

The big boom had echoed across all of Equestria, although for the unlikely citizens of Ponyville it was a simple flash of light, a flash of light that would be the end of their lives. The light echoed and seared its way across the land. This incident that transpired, was never supposed to happen.

Unfortunately it did occur, the incident that would live in infamy known only as September. Well at least that’s what the seemingly only survivor called it. He was a young stallion. He was pale gray in color with a dazzling mane of blue and red. The only problem with this youngling was that he couldn’t remember what had occurred.

At this moment in time he was standing up and looking around, a bit bewildered by everything. This stallion was standing all alone in the middle of what seemed to be a completely deserted, or better yet, ruined remnants of some sort of village or small town. The stallion was as confused as a bird that had just hit his head on the window of some person’s humble home.

When he attempted to wiggle his ears, all he could feel were some strange things covering them. He looked up to see a pair of blue headphones atop his head. He shrugged and sighed, was he that into music? He really couldn’t remember much… In fact if he thought really hard then he couldn’t remember anything!

‘Whoa this is weird! I can’t remember anything! My name! Why I’m here… What day is it?’ He looked to the sky, but it was gray and clouded over so it yielded no answers as to the day.

In fact nothing around him was yielding any answer. There were burnt leftover remains of trees. They were the blackened nubs of stumps. When he looked closer it appeared as if the trees had been incinerated in some way, and had burned for a period of time afterward.

‘Perhaps it was a dragon or some strange creature like that?’ he thought to himself and continued to investigate nearby objects.

‘This is terrible there is no one here!’ his mind screamed as he whirled around in a circle. ‘What happened here? Where the hell IS everypony?!’

It wasn’t the fact that he was alone that made him want to run so much, no. It was the fact that there was something deep in his brain that was nagging at him; something was disturbing the hell out of this young stallion. He just couldn’t figure out what could be disturbing him in this manner so much.

Maybe it was the fact that there could still BE some creature running around here! Some creature that could burn him just as the trees had been incinerated. That was it right?
Still no, the young stallion found absolutely no signs of life. The feeling was eerie; it seemed as if it was the end of the world. Is that what this was? Was it someone’s twisted joke to fake the apocalypse? He glared around icily.
Still no answer.
Only the whisper of the wind over the barren black earth.

He wandered around for a bit, observing the hollowed out shells of once standing buildings. They were now burnt black as charcoal and he started to feel even more paranoid. His steps became a fast trot, and he started to breath more heavily as his feet carried him over the barren land.

Still the more he looked around, the more frantic he became, until he realized he was running through the darkened village. He whipped his head back and forth, trying in desperation to find a way out.

Then he saw it, written on the ground in the blood of other ponies.

The writing only said one simple word,

“September.”

In a flash he was able to remember some things. He remembered that it was October the first, and he remembered something else.

“An explosion!” he gasped and sank back on his haunches.

The memory of fleeing ponies whirled through his mind, and of somepony crying out in pure psychosis, “It’s done! Finally it’s done!” followed by a cackle.

“Stop him!” his own voice echoed in frantic desperation. “He’s trying to kill us all! Stop him!”

“No I’m going to save you! I’m going to save you all! Don’t you try to stop me!” the psychotic voice responded through the thick fog enveloping his mind at a rapid rate.

He was brought back to reality in a flash, and sat there panting. The young stallion felt more fear then ever. ‘An explosion happened in September!’

It was then that another voice echoed his thoughts, “What happened here?!”

He turned and couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw six different ponies and a purple dragon looking at him with a dumbfounded expression.
“I’m only going to ask you one more time buddy! What happened?!” a rather angry looking pony flew down and in his face. She had rainbow colored hair, and a blue coat.

The young stallion backed up, were these ponies the ones that caused the explosion?! He was a little scared, especially of the rainbow haired one. From what he could tell she was as crazy as she acted.

Another one stepped forward from the group and looked him up and down with a microscope that came from who knows where. Her hair bounced around wildly and she spoke in a high pitched voice, “You caused this didn’t you?!”

The young stallion was very frightened of these crazy ponies now. He backed away even further, turned around, and fled as fast as his feet would take them. Before he got very far, he realized that his feet were off the ground and churning through the air. His eyes widened and he let out a loud gasp.

‘Am I falling?!’ his mind whirled in panic and the world went to darkness.