• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 1,322 Views, 66 Comments

Operation: Ponies - Sammy LeDerp



The Gundam Wing pilots are turned into ponies with a request from Princess Celestia to become secret operatives. But with their constant fighting, their mission might be hard to complete. Let's all just hope Heero doesn't destroy Pinkie Pie

  • ...
8
 66
 1,322

It's Never Too Late

The hours after Quatre had turned back into his regular-ponyself were somewhat enjoyable. The group went to a café for an early dinner and had sat on one of the outside tables to eat. It was quite a sight to see and experience, as Quatre and the rest of the gang heard the tale of what was once the little foal from none other than Duo himself. Of course, he put his own spin on it to seem more comical. Little Quatre had no recollection of ever being a foal, so the stories that were told were delightful.

Upon returning to the house, the repair ponies had finished their job and were waiting to get paid. It was unfortunately after the payment was made that the Gundam ponies realized they should have checked the results before that. The new sink and mirror looked nice, and new pipes were put into the washroom; however, the patched up wall didn’t look good at all. What used to be a flat surface now looked like a glob of glue had been poured on to it, and was coated a darker shade of the adjacent walls’ color. Because of this, the group thought it best to just pick up some materials and tools at the store and re-do the whole thing. Quatre even got a container of paint and decided to decorate the washroom with a calming purple color.

With the extra wood that they had bought, Heero did as he said he was going to do. He boarded up the fireplace. With a look of pure satisfaction, he super-glued the wood to the brick so much, Heero was sure no one was going to be able to get through the opening. He was now on the defense, for he was to make sure that no crazed pink pony was going to enter his house without his permission and knowledge ever again.

And now it was the following morning, and the pilots were up and ready for the day. Well rested and in high spirits as well. They seemed to be getting along better that morning than any other day. Breakfast had been eaten and all the ponies were bathed. When everyone was ready, the white alicorn had the group huddled in a circle by the front door, with him being in the center. It was time for serious business.

“Our objective for today is this,” he began. He coughed to clear his throat. “We’re going to find out more about that rock I have locked away upstairs. It’s safe for now in my box because of my spell, but that doesn’t mean we get to lounge around here not doing our job.”

“So then what do you propose we do?” asked Trowa.

“We’re going to Twilight’s place!” answered Quatre with a smile. “She lives in Ponyville’s library, so it would be the main source of information. I think it’s a good place to start.”

Duo shot his foreleg up into the air, having it miss Heero’s ear by a mere centimeter. Any closer, and the black pegasus would have gotten a good beating.

“Shouldn’t we just try to get in touch with the princesses? I mean, that Celestia one is the one that summoned us here in the first place. Wouldn’t they know something about that rock?”

“I think if the princesses were aware of something like that, they would have told us in the first place,” replied Wufei, as he moved on over to lower Duo’s arm.

Duo’s ears flattened a bit by having his question being shot down. He quickly shrugged it off as Quatre moved to the door. Opening it, the morning sunlight pierced into the home, shining brightly into everyone’s eyes. Quatre stood in front of the rays with a confident stance, looking quite intimidating with his wings spread, though that wasn’t his intention at all.

“Let’s fly on over there!” he shouted with glee.

Thus, the pilots moved on out of the house and took off into the sky, with Quatre in the lead. They flew off in something of a V-formation, whizzing past other pegasi in the sky. The speed that the group picked up was impressive, catching the eye of other ponies in the air. Though they were quite hard to even catch within sight, for they were nothing but a blur of different colors. It didn’t take long for the group to pass over the large tree that was Ponyville’s library. Quatre swung around in the air and dove down to the ground, having the group follow him.

They landed with a gust of air right in front of the door to the library. The tree looked as beautiful as ever, with its lush green leaves and the scent of peace. A telescope rested on one of the balconies on its higher branches, looking out into the sky. A drawing of a lit candle was etched into the red door that invited them to come in.

Trowa examined every inch of the tree with a critical eye. “This is the library?”

“Yeah, isn’t it a quaint little thing?” said Quatre, as he looked over to the pilots. “It’s such a nice place!”

The other ponies looked at each other with raised eyebrows as Quatre went to the door. He banged on it lightly with his hoof and stepped back, awaiting a reply. The door creaked open, and Spike’s head poked out of the small opening. The purple dragon looked almost surprised to see Quatre standing there with a group behind him.

“Oh hi there, Quatre!” he said, throwing the door completely open. “These are the ponies you live with, right? I kind of remember seeing them at your house.”

“Yes, these are my friends,” replied Quatre. He walked up closer to the door and pointed at it. “Is it alright if we came in? We’d like to look through some books.”

“Sure!” said Spike, nodding his head. He moved out of the way to allow the pilots access to the inside of the library. “Twilight, Quatre and his friends are here!”

Quatre trotted right into the archive of books as his friends followed in awe. The library was much bigger on the inside, with what looked like hundreds of books just on the ground floor alone. The group separated and wandered about the library, walking up to every bookshelf. Desks were scattered here and there with adjoining chairs for reading and other scholarly work. Wufei took a seat at one of them so that he could get a better look at his surroundings. He took it all in with a smile, much like one that would be seen on a child’s face when presented with candy. Duo nudged Heero in the side to take notice of it.

A second floor high above revealed what looked like a bedroom with two beds and other personal items. Twilight was laying down on her own bed up there, reading a book, but had looked up when she had heard Spike call her. Quatre approached the bottom of the stairs and waved an arm up at her.

“Good morning, Twilight!” he shouted up the staircase. “I was wondering if you could help us with something.”

Twilight closed the book, and with her magic, moved it to her own desk close to her bed. “Sure, I’ll be right down.”

“This is the best place so far in this entire town!”

The sudden shout from Wufei made even the calm Trowa jump out of his trance while gazing at different titles. As Twilight came marching down the stairs, the blue pegasus met her halfway as he darted up the steps.

“You!” he called to her. “Are you the one that owns this library?”

Twilight looked over at Quatre before answering for help from the sudden, blunt question. Quatre frowned and cocked his head in curiosity. The purple unicorn returned her attention to Wufei, who was waiting for her to say something with an inpatient gaze.

“Well, yes, I am, I guess,” said Twilight, looking nervously at the pony before her.

Wufei began poking her right in the chest, violating her personal space that he was clearly not caring about.

“I am flattered to make your acquaintance,” he said. “To hold such a place of residency means that you are an individual of high intelligence and actually care about scholastic studies. You have my respect.” He lowered his head as a sign of this respect of his. “You may call me Wufei.”

With that, he flew off on to the other side of the library and began looking at the higher shelving units of books. Twilight was left stunned and continued her walk down the stairs, keeping her eye on Wufei. When she had finally reached the bottom, she was met by her familiar, who had gotten her a glass of water during the interaction. She took the cup with her magic and quickly gulped down its contents. It was returned to Spike, who walked right off with it to have it cleaned.

Quatre chuckled at Twilight’s face. “I’m sorry about that. I didn’t expect any of my friends to act that way at all.”

“That’s alright,” she said, after calming down. She looked at Quatre and smiled. “I guess I just never expected to find another pony like myself who really cared about books. Now, what did you need help with?”

“I was wondering if you had any books on magical elements, and I don’t mean the Elements of Harmony,” said Quatre. Somewhere in the background, he heard Wufei’s shouts of glee. “Do you know of anything like that?”

“Not that I can think of,” replied Twilight, as she scratched her chin. She squinted her eyes as she thought. “Is it for a potion or something?”

Quatre’s eyes averted to the ceiling and he gave off yet another nervous laugh. He hated lying. “Well, not exactly. It’s more like for my own personal knowledge and studies.”

A crash was heard in the library as Trowa and Duo were covered with a pile of books. Somehow, one way or another, shelves had given way and had toppled right on over the pilots. They dug their heads out at the top of the paperbacks for air, with an open book sprawled out on Trowa’s head. He didn’t seem to care. Duo started laughing at the sight of him. Twilight cringed as Wufei flew over to try and help his friends out of the pile. Heero joined them too, only he took the book that was on Trowa’s head and brought it over to a nearby desk to read it.

“Oh sweet Celestia, my library is going to become a huge mess,” muttered Twilight. She looked back at Quatre with a concerned expression. “And this is for your studies for the princess, you said? Your distant cousin? Is that what you told me the other day?”

Quatre nodded. “Yes, that’s right! She says she wants me to get a better idea of the magical world for the family!”

Twilight sighed. “If it’s for the royalty bloodline, I guess I can accept it.”

As she moved over to the mess of books and ponies, Quatre saw that Heero was motioning for him to come over. He walked right on pass his struggling friends and stood next to Heero, who was sitting in a chair. A miniature lamp was turned on to help read the fine print on the pages of the book. It was open to a page with a black and white headshot drawing of a unicorn in medieval clothing, with a cloak and a straggling beard.

“What did you find?” whispered Quatre, as he peered at the page.

Heero pointed at the drawing of the pony. “This seems to have been a sorcerer back in olden times. Look at what he’s wearing.”

His hoof was pointing at something that Quatre hadn’t noticed at first. The sorcerer pony was wearing a necklace with a crystalline container covered with a cork. What struck Quatre odd was what was inside it. Tiny pieces of rock were being held within, and from what could be seen, looked like the same texture and crystal fragments of the one that he had locked away in his room. He looked at the subtitle underneath the drawing, where a name was listed of the pony.

“Merlin the Manic,” mumbled Quatre.

“Seems like a pretty unoriginal name,” huffed Heero.

Quatre leaned over more to read the page opposing the drawing. As his eyes scanned the page, his magic highlighted the book to bring it closer to him. Heero watched him silently read the book when suddenly it disappeared out of sight in a cloud of blue sparkles. Quatre blew them away as fast as he could before anyone else noticed.

“That’s for further reading at home,” he said.

As Twilight finished cleaning up the books, her magic went into repairing the broken bookshelf. While she was distracted with her own business, the other ponies joined Heero and Quatre in their own little group.

“I think I found something that might help us out,” whispered Quatre. “Let’s head out and go back to our place.”

“I’m completely fine with that,” said Duo. He touched his forehead that was still pounding from the avalanche of books. “I think I’m going to lie down in my bed for a while. My head is killing me.”

Just as he finished speaking, there was a knock at the front door. Spike, who had just re-entered the library part of the home, was the one to open it once more. He was greeted by having the door smack him in the face and send him flying, as Heero’s favorite pink pony jumped through the entrance and landed right in the middle of the room. She had on a polka-dot party hat and was blowing a noise maker in her mouth. Shouts and cheers echoed behind her from the outside to reveal that dozens of ponies were standing right there by the door.

With the sudden commotion, Heero’s battle instincts took effect and launched himself into the air for attack. Quickly, both Duo and Wufei jumped on Heero to keep him pinned to the floor, like they had the other morning. Pinkie Pie spat out her noise maker and started jumping around the room.

“Welcome, welcome, welcome!” she sang, as Spike fumbled around the room with his dizziness. “Welcome to Ponyville!”

“Oh wow, we’re going to have one of Pinkie Pie’s special welcoming parties!” shouted Quatre, flapping his wings in excitement. “This is great!”

Pinkie Pie sprang up next to Twilight, who had just finished fixing the bookshelf. “I’m doing it better this time by having the party outside! You’re library is just too small for all of the dancing that we’re going to have!”

“Pinkie Pie, these ponies have been here in town for a few days already,” said Twilight. “Isn’t it a little too late for a welcoming party?”

“No way!” shrieked Pinkie Pie, appalled by the thought. “It’s never too late for a Pinkie Pie party!”

With her sugar-injected energy, she spotted Duo on the floor and jumped on top of him. They rolled on the floor together, and she somehow threw him into the air and tackled him to the ground once more in a tight hug. Heero seemed to have calmed down and Wufei released him from his grasp. He walked over to Duo’s rescue and grabbed him from the pink one. Duo coughed, gasping for air, as Heero placed him besides himself. Pinkie Pie jumped in place, giggling.

“Oh hi there, Heero!” she yelled.

“I’m going to say this once and never again,” Heero said to her calmly. “The only reason I’m not trying to choke you right now is because this isn’t my home. That being said, don’t you ever sneak into my house ever again. You’re in way over your head if you do.”

Out of nowhere, a blue party hat was strapped on to Heero’s head. The rubbery string snapped in place under his chin, and Pinkie Pie collected Duo as if he were her own. In a flash, she ran out the door with the yelling black pegasus in her arms.

An orange pony with a brown cowboy hat popped her head into the entranceway. She had tiny freckles across her cheeks and straw-colored golden hair tied into a thick ponytail. As she spoke, she had a Southern accent in her voice.

“Come on guys, get yerselves out here!” she said. “We’re havin’ a grand ole’ time!”

With that, Quatre was the first one out the door. He whizzed out with his wings and landed in a crowd of excitement. The entire town was filled with flags and colorful banners across every building. Confetti and sparkles covered the cobblestone ground beneath his hooves, and music was playing somewhere in the distance. Tiny stands were set up with different kinds of treats and fruits where ponies were standing in line to receive for free. Quatre was received with many hugs and welcomes and he skipped further into the crowd as ponies started speaking with him.

The others in the library also entered the scene. As Twilight walked off on her own, Trowa, Heero, and Wufei were left by themselves. They were awkwardly standing there as other ponies passed by waving hello to them and giggling.

“What is this all about?” asked Wufei.

“Apparently it’s some sort of town event,” said Trowa. He looked about and smiled. “I honestly didn’t think this place could get anymore happier.”

“I guess this means we should enjoy ourselves then,” said Heero. Wufei and Trowa watched as he started walking away. “Quatre needs us to be happy and friendly to make that spell of his happen.”

It was then agreed upon in their own type of silence that they were to go on their own paths during this party. As Wufei made his way through the crowd in search of anything that caught his interest, he kept on being harassed by the young mares. They were all commenting on his sleek mane that was in his tight ponytail. He would stop every now and then to have a small chat with one, but it wouldn’t last long at all. With his “solo” type of personality, this most definitely not where he belonged.

At one point, he had found an isolated table and sat down at it. All he wanted was some form of peace and solitude. But he knew that it wasn’t to last very long, as a light blue pegasus flew up by him and sat at one of the other chairs at the table. She had rainbow stripes in her hair, and had a rainbow lightning bolt protruding out of a white cloud as her cutie mark. She propped her head on her hooves as Wufei continued to stare out into the crowd, annoyed at her very presence.

“Hey, you seem to be a different kind of pony,” said the rainbow-maned pony. “Not one for crowds, huh?”

“Not really, no,” Wufei quickly said. He looked over at her, as his eyes tried to tell her to leave.

“You get used to it after a while if you’re someone as awesome as me,” said the pony. She kicked her hind hooves up on to the table and pushed her body back, making the chair lean on its edge. “The name’s Rainbow Dash.”

“Charmed.”

“With a sleek body like yours, I bet you’re a fast flyer,” said Rainbow Dash. “You want to have a race?”

Wufei became intrigued. “Is that a challenge?”

“Well, I guess it’s a challenge, but not right now,” said Rainbow Dash. She fixed her seating and got up from her chair. “Maybe in a day or two we could have a race. I don’t want to miss this killer party, and I’d like to get to know you more before the race.”

“Ah, you get to know your opponents before battle,” said Wufei, nodding. Rainbow Dash looked confused at his last word. “I will agree with you on this. Care to walk around some more?”

“Sure!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

Wufei got up from his chair and walked on off with his new partner. Somewhere off in another part of the event, Trowa was talking with a small group of mares. He spoke of his time spent in his traveling circus group, making the mares swoon and gasp at the antics and tricks he used to do. As the conversation dispersed and he was about to continue his walk, he was approached by yet another pony. A white unicorn, at that, with a curly purple mane. Her cutie mark was a collection of diamonds.

She walked up to him and closely examined his face and his body. Trowa stood there, trying to turn in circles to get a better look at the pony that was poking and prodding him.

“Good sir, you have such a carefully toned physique,” she said. She took a step back and pointed at Trowa’s legs. “With such legs as yours, your balance must be perfect.”

“Well, yes. As I told the others, I’m part of a circus.”

She decided the next best thing to do was to press her nose right against Trowa’s. “And you have piercing eyes, and your hair is absolutely marvelous.”

She batted her long eyelashes and smiled. Trowa took a step back to try and get some space between him and this mare.

“Thank you, I really don’t know what else to say,” he said.

“You, dear sir, are a beautiful stallion!” cried the pony. “If only there were more of them like yourself! Us fashion designers would have an easier life trying to come up with new styles!” She raised her hoof in his direction. “Have you ever considered modeling?”

Trowa couldn’t believe he heard what she said. He looked all over his body to see exactly what she saw. Besides his hair, he never really cared for his looks. But to hear coming from someone else the factors that apparently made him attractive was something new to him. He got closer to the pony and sat down right in front of her on the ground.

“Do you really think I’m that good looking?” he asked her.

“Why yes, of course!” She yelled. She began lightly brushing through Trowa’s hair with her hoof. “I’ve been thinking of expanding my boutique shop to include designs for males and I’ve been looking for somepony to model for me. My name is Rarity. Would you like to help me?”

Trowa nodded his head up and down, when he suddenly felt his face get warm. Unbeknownst to him, he had acquired a slight blush to his cheeks. The two of them continued to speak of future endeavors together as the party continued around them. Duo passed them in the flow of the crowd, munching on cupcakes in his mouth. Pinkie Pie had dragged him to her cupcake stand when the party first began, where she had over one hundred different kinds. He must have had over a dozen cupcakes while he was there, and he even helped her hand out the food to other ponies. He looked down at his cross, which had frosting on it.

He swallowed the food in his mouth and sighed. “I’m going to have to clean that when we get back.”

Duo passed yet another stand that was gathering quite the amount of attention. Stopping just a few feet away from it, he sniffed the air and grinned. It was the scent of chocolate that made his mouth water. Duo made his way through the crowd to the stand as the other ponies around him made way for him. He put his hooves up on the stand to speak to the green pony that was behind it.

“Do you have any chocolate bars?” he asked her.

“You betcha!” replied the pony. She got down, fumbled around a bit, and brought back up a bar for Duo. “Here you go!”

“Thanks a bunch!” replied Duo.

With the speed of a cheetah, he shoved the entire chocolate bar into his mouth. His stomach was now extremely happy with him. Duo continued his travels down the path, but not too far off from the stand, he saw the back of a familiar pony sitting down on the ground. It was Quatre, who was hunched over close to a bush. Duo feared that his friend was getting sick, so he ran over to check up on him. He put his hooves on the pony’s shoulders and peaked over his shoulder.

“Buddy, are you alright?” he asked him.

He didn’t expect to see what he saw. Quatre had an entire pile of different kinds of chocolates lying in between his legs. His entire face was covered with the stuff and his cheeks were completely filled with it. They both stared at each other with wide eyes in an awkward silence. At one point, Quatre hunched over his sweets some more, as if to protect his food from passersby.

“Dude, I swear I’m not going to eat your candy,” said Duo, taking a step back. “But you’re going to be okay, right?”

Quatre nodded his head and began the consumption of his chocolates again. Unconvinced and freaked out, Duo made his way away from his friend and kept at his regular pace through the party. Not too far from him was Heero, looking grumpy as ever. He was sitting at a table right by where a music booth was set up with two very big speakers, sipping a chocolate milkshake. Something of a barrier was made right in front of the booth to create a dance floor, where ponies were having the time of their lives. The DJ was a white unicorn with a stylish blue mane, wearing large sunglasses over her eyes. All she was playing was nothing but techno music.

As the green pegasus finished his drink, he scratched his face. The rubber string from the hat was starting to really irritate him. He took the party favor off his head and placed it on the table. Right then, Twilight walked up to him with a bounce in her step.

“How do you like the party?” she asked him, as she stood next to his chair. “Are you having fun and making more friends? And I don’t think I caught your name. Quatre was telling me the other day that you guys wanted to meet more ponies here.”

Heero looked at her and pushed his cup away. “My name is Heero. And to be honest, I’ve been trying to enjoy myself, but this isn’t my scene.”

“Parties really weren’t my thing either at first, but then my outlook on things changed once I moved here,” said Twilight, laughing at the thought of her former self. “I was always wrapped up in my books back in Canterlot and just never had the time to make friends. I came here and didn’t really like this place at all at first.” Heero seemed to have become interested, so she motioned to the rest of the ponies around them with her hoof. “But then one thing led to another, and I just feel so much better about myself now. I’ve made many friends and life is just so great for me.”

Following her pointed direction, Heero stared off into the crowd. Everyone else did seem to be having a swell time out there dancing and such. However, the very notion of him trying to get to know the other ponies well didn’t seem to be sitting too well. He was here for a mission, and the only other things he had to make sure were that the other pilots were content and Quatre was happy.

The music came to an abrupt stop and Twilight and Heero looked up at the sound booth. Pinkie Pie was there behind the stand, whispering something into the DJ’s ear. Whatever she had said made the DJ laugh and her horn started to glow. The CD that she had in the player was taken out with her magic and was replaced with another one. She tapped the mike that was there and the speakers crackled.

“I have a special request from the kickin’ pony that started this jam today!” she yelled into the mike. “Would a Heero and our dear friend Twilight get on the dance floor?”

Though they were two very different ponies, Heero and Twillight had the same gut feeling of horror. Pinkie Pie was suddenly behind them and started pushing the two of them towards the dance floor. Heero protested and did his best to push her away, but for some reason she just kept at him. The two of them were thrown over the barrier and landed right in the middle of the dance floor.

“Alright you two, this song is for you! Now dance!”

Music started playing and it turned out to be a slow orchestrated piece. The other ponies that were on the dance floor made a large circle surrounding them as Heero and Twilight got back up on to their legs. All of them were staring at the two, waiting for them to begin dancing. Heero looked around, shaking his head, but then met Twilight’s face. She seemed to be just as embarrassed, but her face had gotten red. She sighed at the ground.

“We might as well get this over with because it won’t end until we do it,” she said. She looked up into his eyes and smiled. “I’ve never danced with anypony, so sorry if I get all of this wrong.”

She got on to her hind hooves and let out her front ones for him to grab. Heero contemplated the idea of just flying right out of there, but something was mentally stopping him. Was it the proposition of dancing with this unicorn? Was it the possibility of making a new friend? He wasn’t sure himself as he hesitantly did the same as her, and they began to dance. They moved in small mini-circles, twirling to the motion of the music.

As their dancing continued, the other ponies on the dance floor joined them with their own partners. Soon it almost turned into a ball without the formal wear, as the sound of the strings got louder and more dancers joined. The other Gundam pilots flew over to see what was going on and hovered above the scene. Duo was the first one to point out Heero and Twilight down below in the dancing mob.

“Well lookie there, it looks like Heero has a little girlfriend!” yelled Duo. He smirked and tried to hold in a laugh. “I can’t wait to bug him about this one!”

Quatre smiled as he looked down at his fellow pilot. Even though it didn’t seem like his was enjoying himself, with his angry look, Heero was having a good time. Quatre could feel it in his heart as it warmed his body. In fact, he could tell from the way his friends were acting that they were all having fun with the other ponies. Even Wufei seemed less stern in his appearance.

The white alicorn wiped some chocolate off of his mouth in content. With that, he lowered himself back into the crowd, along with his other pilots. There was a party to go back to.