• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 1,117 Views, 10 Comments

Immortality of Exma - Nightmare Chaser



Exma has been around since the beginning of existance and she meets the 'goddesses' and 'guardians' of Equestria who find out the lonely life of her immortality.

  • ...
7
 10
 1,117

Exma Meets Celestia And Luna

Her restraints dug into her wrist and the rain poured onto Exma as she was forced to the gallows, to a fate she has faced many times. The roars of anger from the onlookers radiated from the crowd, all directed to her as she looked at the guillotine and it's scarlet splattered blade from it's previous victim. The wind blew in her face as she came upon the blood splattered executer and stood before it. She looked over the crowd, all demanding her death. She just sighed and kneeled over the guillotine, placing her head below the blade. The excecutioner held the blade above her neck and looked at Exma through the dark cowl. Upon the orders of the warden he let go of the rope and let loose the blade. The female sighed and closed her eyes as the blade dropped at an alarming speed towards her neck craving her blood. The last thing she heard was the constant chant for her blood, for the head of Charlotte Corday to roll before the blade struck her neck.

Exma sat up with a start and panted heavily at the nightmare of a memory she just had. She patted her neck and felt the scar of the blades used on it among her scalie hide. She sighed in releif and layed back on her make shift bed, looking up at the dense foliage of the Everfree Forest. It has been four days since she left Apploosa and she growls in frustration. They've seen a buffalo and pony couple, gryphons, and Celestia knows what else but when they see Exma's true form they freak out calling her a changeling. She can't help being what she is, she's been like that for as long as she can remember, which happens to be 12.5 billion years or as alot of philosophers call it the beginning of all existence. She sighs and pulls out a map of Equestria. She summoned a ball of azure flame from her scalie clawed finger and looked over the map. Her ruby eyes looked over the map and tried calculating where she was her lizard face illuminated by the flame. She calculates that she is close to the small town of Ponyville where the current barers of the Elements of Harmony reside. With a nod and a feeling of accomplishment she extinguished the flame and closed the map placing it back in her bag.

She stood up and stretched, her bones popping and her reptilian tail flicked in slight annoyance. She packed up her bedding and put on her tattered sand colored cloak before picking up her travel bag and putting it on under her cloak. She looked to the west and with a shift of her bag she set off in the direction of Ponyville. She knew the Everfree was filled with danger but she had experiance in combat both armed and unarmed. The only thing she didn't want to face was an Ursa Major because she's seen what those things can do to a pony and it was not pretty. She shivered at the thought, the barbs decorating her head twitching at the thought as she walked through the forest.

Her nightmare, her memory of the final days as Charolette, played through her mind and she cursed her memory of that day and for the french for executing her. After what seemed like forever, which was impossible since she's experienced forever, she found herself at the edge of Everfree with Ponyville in the distance. She sighed in relief and started heading to it but was stopped by two rather large stallions holding knives. She kept a calm demeanor and kept her face hidden under the hood of her cloak.

"What can i do for you two fine gentlecolts today?" She asks with a subtle hint of annoyance.

"Yeah miss we want all you got." The one on the left, a grey stallion with a dark grey mane and a scar running across his snout said with a grin.

"Yeah," the stallion on the right, a pure white pegasus with a sandy blonde mane said holding up his knife said, "We don't want to hurt you."

Exma just sighed and shook her head. "Well boys I have some bad news for you. I don't plan on giving you anything I own and I do not wish to harm either of you." She said irritated.

The two stallions laughed at her. "Well well I like a feisty mare." The pegasus said advancing on Exma. "Maybe we could..."

Before he could say anymore Exma kneed him in the stomach, causing him to collapse on the ground. She kicked the knife from the unconscious pegasus just as the other one charged her. She sighed and let him stab her in the side before bringing a scaled hand over his head knocking him out next to his companion.

"What a pair of idiots." she said as she started to head to Ponyville, leaving the knife in her side.

She was two thirds of the way to Ponyville when the familiar feeling of blood loss hit her and she started to feel light headed. She cursed under her breath as she held her side feeling the warmth of the scarlet liquid stain her hand. She shook her head as she entered the limits to the small town trying hard to stay awake long enough find somepony. With a groan she leaned against the wall of the nearest building her breathing heavy.

"D-Damn," she said as she felt the warmth of her blood on her hand. "I have got to stop doing that and start thinking straight."

"Hey are you okay?" came a voice to Exma's left.

She looked in the direction of the voice and saw four mares walking to her. A pink earth pony with a darker pink shaded almost cotton candy like mane and tail wearing a blue and pink striped dress with what looked like an apron over it saying 'Life's A Party' on the front, a cyan pegasus with a rainbow colored mane wearing a jogging suit, a white unicorn with a curled and styled mane wearing purple eyeliner and a designer white dress, and a lavender unicor with a dark purple mane streaked with pink wearing a sweater vest the same color as her mane and a black skirt. They approached her with worried looks decorating their faces and Exma kept her face hidden under her hood.

"Are you okay?" asked the lavender unicorn as they got close enough to the wounded woman.

"Y-Yeah," she said a little shakily, panting at the blood loss, "I-I'm just f-fine."

"Doesn't look like it." said the pegasus putting her hands on her hips. "Looks to me like your hurt."

"I-I am hurt, badly." Exma said as she pulled dagger from her side and tossed it on the ground causing the four mares to gasp.

"Oh my gosh how bad are you hurt?" the white unicorn asked worry clear in her voice.

"It's bad," she said panting "I'm bleeding out and about to black out."

"Oh sweet Celestia we need to get you to the hospital." said the pink pony who was freaking out.

Exma was about to say more but before she could her vision faded to black and she lost conciousness. She awoke five hours later to the startled faces of the hospital staff around her. Guessing by the look on their faces Exma figured they were freaked by her looks and that she may have died, again. She looked at the nearest staff member, a nurse with a light pink mane done up in a bun, and she jumped a bit.

"Do not fear me I am not what you are thinking I am." she says to the nurse, who looked at the scaled lizard woman with confusion. "May I ask where I am and why you all look scared, besides the obvious reason."

The nurse slowly approached Exma. "W-Well y-your in Ponyville General Hospital because you were severally injured by a cut to your abdomen and were bleeding horribly." she said nervously like she was talking to a ghost, which she technically was. "Y-you died thirty minutes ago from blood loss, y-yet y-your alive and well."

Exma just chuckled at her response. The staff members looked confused and one of the doctors was about to say something when he heard somepony clear their throat behind him. He turned and gasped before bowing to two tall alicorns in royal attire. The one on the left was indigo in fur color with an ethreal flowing mane colored like the night sky decorated with a couple of stars, black dress, crown and necklace with a crescent moon decorating the front of it. The one on the right was pure white in color with the same ethreal flowing mane as her sister only it looked like an oddly colored rainbow, dressed in a pure white gown with a golden crown and necklace embedded with what seemed like amethyst and emerald. Exma recognised both princesses and smiled at them, seeing them like since the last time she met them.

"Sister what do you make of this creature?" the indigo one says looking at Exma with curiousity.

"I do not know Luna but she looks oddly familiar," the white one said scratching her head. "From where I do not know."

Exma started to giggle confusing the princesses.

"What is so funny, scaled creature?" Luna asked with slight frustration.

"It's just been so long since I last saw you two," Exma said wiping a tear from her eye. "How have you been, Luna? Celestia?"

They gasped when she said their names.

"How do you know who we are?" Celestia asked, approaching the lizard woman.

"Because Celestia," Exma said sitting up in her bed, "I met you two when you were just little fillies when your parents had me executed."

Celestia gasped as a memory of the day she was talking about flashed into her head. She stepped back and stammered at the immortal lizard.

"S-So y-your?"

Exma chuckled. "Yes it is I, the true immortal, Exma Immortalius"

To be continued...

Author's Note:

If you haven't figured it out yet Exma is a anthro lizard woman much like the one on the cover image but with a little more meat on her. Just an FYI chapter two and chapter five are going to be set into Exma's past and i will mention in the beggining of both chapters the time period.