• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 391 Views, 8 Comments

Protocol Zena - RJ17Boy



After an incident in Equestria, Celestia and Luna were forced to take action. These actions have now forced Richard Miller to put what he knows to the test and forces him to question where his loyalties lie.

  • ...
5
 8
 391

Prologue

Canterlot, the capital city of Equestria, was bussing with activity. The inhabitance were going about with their daily routine except for its leaders who were holding an emergency meeting at the royal palace at the request of Princess Celestia, the leader of Equestria. She and Princess Luna, Celestia’s sister and secondary leader, were in a conference room filled with advisors, local leaders, concerned citizens and special interest groups. Here, they were discussing about recent events and what the proper course of action should be. Celestia and Luna listened to every suggestion and considered every consequence that came with each action.

This started at around noon and continued until dusk. Celestia then announced “I appreciate all of your suggestions and understand all of your concerns. I will make sure to put these things into consideration when I make my decision.” Afterwards, the room was cleared except the princesses and a few of Celestia’s guards. When the doors closed, Celestia then released a sign of relief thankful that the ordeal was over. Luna looked over at her sister and could see that she was exhausted. She wanted to say something to her but she couldn’t find the right words.

The room was silent for a moment, and then Celestia said “I’m going to announce my decision tomorrow after the sun rises.” Luna looked at her sister with concern. It was far too soon to be making such a decision especially with all of the options out on the table, most of which they haven’t analyzed thoroughly. Despite this, she could tell her had sister made up her mind despite the fact that she appeared displeased with her choice. Both of them had discussed this matter before so she knew what Celestia was going to do.

“Are you sure about this?” Luna asked. Celestia nodded. “Are you sure there is no other way to resolve this? I mean, there are plenty of other things we could try before we attempt such a feat. Our people haven’t had to do this in…” she hesitated, “I just don’t think we are ready for this.”

Celestia acknowledge her concerns. She replied, “I was thinking the same thing, but I just can’t see any other way to resolve the situation. We have other things we can do and we were given new suggestions at the assembly. However, all of these ideas resembled those of which we have already considered to be futile.” She paused. “I know we lack the proper skills, training, and technology needed to compete with the problem at hand, but I do believe we will prevail. Our country has pulled through thick and thin before and I have little doubt our citizens will be able to pull through for us once again.”

“But this is not like any problem we have faced before” protested Luna. “Sure there are some situations that have been ‘similar’ to the one we face, but it has been centuries since we have had to encounter something of this magnitude. The ponies that faced this threat are long gone and most don’t even remember the stories of their struggles yet alone understand what they did. I… I just think there has to be another way to resolve this. There just has to.”

Celestia smiled. “You don’t think I dismissed those facts have you?”
“No” Luna replied “but sometimes, we need to be reminded about them.”
“Yes we do. I’ve read the tales of our old friends and while I can’t say I fully understand what they experienced, I do have a good comprehension as to what happened. I have compared these challenges with our own and sized them up with our nation as it is and I do believe we have the ability to face the challenges that lie ahead and win the day.”

Luna did not share in her sister’s confidence. She did, however, say “I hope you’re right. For Equestria’s sake, I hope you’re right.” The two sisters stared at each other for a moment.
Celestia then said, “If it makes you feel any better, I will look over our options one more time tonight. However, if I can’t find one that is better, I will announce our current one at sunrise.”
Luna smiled, “Yea. You do that.” She then left the room leaving Celestia to ponder as to what will happen next.


My god I can’t believe it happened. I can’t believe everything that went down. Seriously, when I think back, it sometimes seems like it was just a dream. But no, there’s too much evidence to prove it did happen. The witnesses, the cities, the bodies... god all the bodies! Their smell, appearance… the sheer number of them! I swear they haunt me in my dreams. They all wish that I was there so they could be here! But I’m getting ahead of myself.

My name is Richard Miller. I was a 5 foot 8, 140 pound guy who was 19 years old living in southern West Virginia with a slightly geeky personality. Many stories have been told regarding my role in the following events, but this is the only part that all of the stories seem to agree with. Some call me a hero while others claim I was a reckless fool. A handful even suggest I was a traitor or even a double agent.

What I am about to describe to you today is what most of the stories seem to lack: the truth. This story will be told through my memories, how I saw events through my own eyes and what each moment felt through my own sensations. I want people to understand what really went down in those woodlands. I don’t care if I dispel many popular theories or discredit the highest ranking people because the truth doesn’t care and I want to tell it. You can determine for yourself if I am a hero or a villain since I honestly don’t know which one I am. This is my story.