• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 248 Views, 1 Comments

Shifting Ballads - Rain-M24



The story of fame, loss, and a sort of questionable filly. Follow her story from the very beginning and maybe her own personal story may fall into place.

  • ...
 1
 248

Reflections[Discovery]

In the Equestrian region of Filly Delphia, a pegasus pony resides.

A scarlet red-coated mare with a long blond and blue mane, wearing a tired expression. Her cutie mark always
concealed by a blue suit with yellow markings she bears on her coat that seems to be a bit too big on her. She had everything; fame, a future... but lost a thing even more important faster. How this mare came to be this way? I guess we should start with...

--------------


She was a filly who just got her cutie mark about a week ago when she first heard a rock band comprised of a group of stallions that appeared on the scene. On the way to school, she heard them playing and snuck to the concert, staying in the back of the crowd. There was a banner above the stage labeled Iron Hoof. She was taken aback by the powerful sound of rock, she couldn't help but love it all. She stayed throughout the concert, just listening.

When the concert was over, she snuck backstage to see them. However, she was stopped by their voices. She stayed on the other side of the curtain to listen.

"Listen, I honestly have great expectations for you three. The decision isn't up to me."

Another voice blurted out, "How is it not up to you? Can't you change their mind!?"

Decision? The filly was curious about the situation. Just what is this about? Maybe I shouldn't be butting into this in the first place....

Just as she started to trot away from the curtain, she hears an angry voice. "YOU EXPECT US TO JUST SIT HERE AND BE FIRED!?"

She stops, her eyes widened. Wh...what are they saying? Is it true?

An older stallion conversing with the band members replied to the hot-headed lead singer. "The record company just told me they wouldn't support you, nothing else. I'm sorry, but I think you shou--"

"BULLSHIT!", he inturrupted, before trotting out with the other two members. The filly was frozen. After a few minutes, she finally managed to run home. She would move into a cottage if she could, but Fillydelphia was a suburban city. Instead, she trotted to her apartment.

She wasn't old enough to live alone, of course, but her mother had an apartment just next to hers in the complex. The rooms weren't big enough to hold them both in the same one. Her father was away on a business trip in Ponyville, so they had no need to worry about more space. She goes into her room and sits in front of her standarly-lowered desk for ponies designed by the way they sit. Hesitant at first, she gets a pen in her mouth and starts writing.

--------------

The next day, the little filly went up to the location the band performed at the previous day. Not knowing where the stallions live, she set the note there and trotted off. It was a weekend, so she went straight back to the apartment and not the school.

The lead singer of the group decided to look around, looking back at his chance of fame. "Just where did I go wrong?" His facial expression showed he has attempted his career in the music industry several times.

He stopped at the venue of yesterday's concert. "It was here, another failure." He hits a folded sheet of paper with his front right hoof. He looks down at it. Confused, he leans over and open the letter with his mouth. After reading it, he retracted his face with suprise. "It's...it's good.....not only that, but it may be just what I needed."

He then looked back at the note and noticed that it wasn't signed. Sigh.....and it was so good too... I wonder if I can still use this.

[Chapter1: END]

Author's Note:

This is about the first pony fanfic I came up with, so I hope I keep this interesting. Please look foward to chapter 2: The Reflections Arc - Deal.