• Published 18th Dec 2012
  • 824 Views, 22 Comments

One Thousand Years Ago - Opticlaudimix



Alcohol makes the world a silly and fun place to live in, especially when two young alicorn princesses decide to go save the world from completely harmless forces.

  • ...
0
 22
 824

FOR EQUESTRIA

"So Tia, where are these...these emergency reset keys?"

"Huh? Don't you remember? They were...in his castle, I think"

"He has a castle? I thought he would, be...be too random for that." Luna burped loudly.

"Don't worry, he said if we think about being there, we would...be there, or something." Celestia wobbled around for a while before blundering into a nearby tree.

"Okayyyy, I think I'm in the castle."

"No, you have to like, pretend you're there...use *burp*, imagination."

"So...like this?"

Luna suddenly disappeared in a bright white flash.

"Yeah, like that...here, Imma do that now.”

After standing still for about a minute, Celestia realized that she was thinking about pink pandas boxing in a soccer field.

Oh wait, I need to think about...castles.

She disappeared soon after that thought.

Somewhere in the sky, a mare and her smiling filly holding a flat balloon were riding a massive pink blimp.


Celestia found herself in the middle of a giant throne room, twilight pouring in through oddly shaped windows. She looked around for a bit with one eye half closed before she noticed Luna walking in circles around the throne.

"Hey Lulu!" shouted Celestia. Her slurred voice made a very strange echo across the hall.

"What? What...What is it?"

"The reset keys should be, should be...uh, under the throne."

"Okay." Luna tapped the throne slightly with her fore hoof, aside from the slight tap noise, nothing happened. "Uh...I can't move it. It must be enchanted or...something." She tapped the throne again to prove her point.

"Try again," suggested Celestia.

"Explosions? What?" Luna raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yeah, try again...it might work, if you do it right."

"Okay then, stand closer...we don't want to get hurt." Luna drunkenly motioned to Celestia to get closer.

After the two of them were within hoof's reach of the throne, Luna concentrated in her drunken state, straining her mind to focus on a single point with an idea that she couldn't seem to recall clearly. After a strange metallic noise, she slowly opened her eyes.

The throne seemed to have been impaled by dozens of swords, cracks started to spread along the surface of the throne.

"Try again." One of Celestia eyes started to twitch.

Luna reached forward and lightly tapped the throne once more. This time, the throne crumbled into pieces, revealing a glass pane in the ground with six stones underneath, each stone having a different colored jewel inside it. The two of them stared at their achievement for a while until Celestia levitated the reset keys straight out of the hidden box, breaking the glass haphazardly.

Celestia glanced at each stone before she asked, "Do you remember how we use these?"

"We should just channel magic into them, see what happens. We need to...bring, uh, order to Equestria, remember?"

Celestia nodded, she then tilted her head down and shot out six beams of magical energy into each hovering stone, thinking about ending all of the chaos around them. Luna soon followed up with her own magic, causing the six stones to circle around them, leaving a rainbow trail in their path. They started out slowly, but as their thoughts and magic charged the stones with more and more energy, they stones started glowing brighter, moving faster and hovering in the air higher. Soon, the two sisters slowly rose off the floor, their eyes glowing bright white.

Then the stones shattered, leaving behind the beautiful jewels that started to form the shapes of the sun and moon. A rainbow beam shot straight up into the twilight sky, eventually splitting into six beams that spread outward, creating a dome around all of Equestria. The beams quickly began to move clockwise against the dome's reflective surface, moving so fast that a bright light soon enveloped all of Equestria.


In the aftermath of the explosion of harmony and rainbows, Celestia and Luna stood up, seemingly filled with energy. They were radiating rainbows, reflecting light off every possible surface in the throne room, giving the room an ethereal look.

Except for the fact that the two of them were still drunk off their flanks.

"WoOOoo, order...we did it Lulu." Celestia started to wave her front hoof around, watching light reflect off it.

"Order looks, really...really..." Luna searched for the right word. "Weird."

Celestia wobbled over to a nearby window, looking outside, everything seemed to be stable, with nothing randomly changing or bouncing around. Trees were trees, plains were plains, and rain seemed to always go down.

Everypony outside didn't seem to mind this at all, to them it was probably just more random change that happens occasionally.

Except for a certain brown alicorn who was running about, screaming in fear.

A bright white flash in the throne room followed soon afterwards.

"Celestia, Luna, did you two use the reset keys? What's wrong? What's the emergency?!" Discord panted in a panicked state.

The two sisters turned towards Discord, their faces looked stern yet still goofy because of the red blush.

"DISCORD! YOUR REIGN OF CHAOS AND TERROR ENDS NOW, WE CANNOT LET THE PONIES CONTINUE TO...SUFFER." Celestia bellowed.

"We're, not gunna let you...uh, harm Nyx. Wait...what?" Luna's words were barely comprehensible.

After a brief staring contest, Discord easily pieced together what must have happened.

"Oh for the love of the Cosmic Matriarch, seriously? How does getting drunk lead to this?" Discord facehoofed.

"Just because we're drunk doesn't, mean, that...that we can't stop you!" Celestia started to drool a bit.

"What you're doing makes no sense...Discord! It's like taking...a...a musician, and making her study, I dunno, anthropology!" Luna wondered where she got that one from.

"Okay, you know what? That's it. Party's over. I'm going to send you two back home while I go fix everything." Discord's horn started glowing.

There was a bright flash of light, but Celestia and Luna didn't disappear, they instead found themselves inside a magical bubble that resembled the sun.

"You've got to be kidding me," groaned Discord.

Celestia bent her legs in what resembled a drunken battle stance. "Luna! While I keep this...something...up, you go and counterattack. With...something."

"Uh...okay." Luna's horn began to glow, suddenly, the entire room became pitch black, with the only light being inside Celestia's protective bubble.

Celestia looked around, observing the total darkness with a look of confusion. "Lulu, what did...what did that do?"

Discord suddenly started screaming in agony.

"I think...I took away all the light, and then transformed him into...something. I don't remember," replied Luna.

"So...can you let the light in now?"

"Surrre."

As their vision returned, the two sisters witnessed a strange creature flail wildly on the floor, clutching its chest with a paw and resting a talon on a nearby wall. It appeared to have trouble breathing.

"AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHHHHH"

Celestia looked at the strange creature with disgust. "Eww...I don't like this...whatever it is."

Celestia lowered her head and channeled a massive beam of light through her horn, petrifying the beast in its painful state.

Luna blinked one eye before turning to her sister. "Wait...Tia, what did...what did you just...do?"

"I did a petrification imprisonment spell...I think. I can't remember how long...how long I set it for...uhhhh."

Having her energy drained from casting such a spell, Celestia collapsed from exhaustion. She was still drooling, leaving a massive puddle that started to soak her pink mane.

"Hey Tia...you okay?"

Celestia started to snore obnoxiously loud.

Luna stared at her sister for a bit until she decided that she should get some sleep.

Except, it wasn't dark enough, she decided to raise the moon to fix the problem, causing the room to be pitch black aside from the windows.

She stumbled over to where the throne used to be before curling up on some soft red cushions left in the rubble, drifting off to a deep sleep.